smarba 12-Feb-19
greg simon 12-Feb-19
DEC 12-Feb-19
Dan Mallia 17-Feb-19
Dan Mallia 17-Feb-19
olebuck 18-Feb-19
t-roy 18-Feb-19
11-Feb-19
What arrow do you guys normally use for the 125 grain Bullhead . I have a couple I bought years ago and I bought one of those special arrows they were selling to use with the bullhead but i could never get it to shoot right. Haven't touched them in years. I know some of you use the bullhead with good results and would like to know what arrow your shooting. I'm shooting 60 pounds with a 27.5 inch full metal jacket 400 spine.

11-Feb-19
A full length 300 or 340 should do it do it for you. I finally went with the Victory 300 arrows made for them and they work great for me with the 4 fletch feather helical/offset.

11-Feb-19
I just use the same arrow I use for hunting everything else and have had no issues.

11-Feb-19
The Victory V Force 300 arrows that came with the kit has worked fine for me out to 30 yards. Further than that, and I’m slingin an expandable at them.

12-Feb-19
Thanks for the replies. I will try the Victory arrows. It would be a blast to take the head shots!

12-Feb-19

smarba's embedded Photo
My first head-lopped Tom! Note the juniper sprig to camouflage the decapitation...
smarba's embedded Photo
My first head-lopped Tom! Note the juniper sprig to camouflage the decapitation...
smarba's embedded Photo
Toms 2 & 3 in my first double-set
smarba's embedded Photo
Toms 2 & 3 in my first double-set
I use same arrows, but at full length (to get Bullhead 125 to clear my fingers & my sight) they seemed just a hair underspined. Not wanting to buy an entirely different batch of arrows, I experimented and footed the shaft for about 3" which despite the slight extra weight in the front stiffened them up. I also didn't want to use feathers so fletch with 6-fletch either Blazer or 4" vanes and my setup flies great to 25+ yards same point of aim as standard fixed blade BH with my normal length arrow (or at least so close I can't tell the difference).

I like to keep my turkey shots to about 15-20 yards.

Love Bullheads!

12-Feb-19
Dang smarba that is a Jurassic turkey! I also use the Victory arrows. Dead turkeys don't seem to have any complaints with them!

12-Feb-19
With your FMJ arrow that you listed, you do not have enough spine. I strongly recommend that you use the 300 spine Victory arrow that Magnus sells for the Bullheads. Through a ton of testing it is the arrow that generates the most consistent results across the most bow setups. The Magnus Youtube channel has various resources that explain the whys and hows that will handle the bulk of individual setups. PM me if you have specific questions as there isn't too much that I have not seen when it comes to Bullhead setups.

17-Feb-19

Dan Mallia's embedded Photo
Dan Mallia's embedded Photo
I use the Victory arrow that comes in the Magnus Bullhead Kit. Works awesome.

17-Feb-19

Dan Mallia's Link
Here’s a video I took last spring. I don’t know if I could shoot another one with a gun after all the fun I’ve been having with the Bullheads

18-Feb-19
i'll give you my experience with the Bull heads and arrows.

My normal set up is a 515 grain arrow with a 175 grain 1 7/8" wide fixed blade - German Kenetics - and it tunes and shoots just like my field points.

i had trouble getting the bullhead 125's shooting good. i know it came down to my bow being not tuned 100% perfectly - and my horrible form and grip...

here is what i did to get my bull heads to shoot accurate out to 50 -60 yds.

I cut the arrows off about 1.5" then refletched my arrows with 4" feathers - 4 of them but i put more helical than the bullhead arrows. - and i changed to the 100 grain bull head. i could hit a 16 oz water bottle at 50 yds - shot just like my filed points.

i wish i could get the 125's to fly - and i plan to tweak my set up a little this year to see if i can get them to.

18-Feb-19
Olebuck...........If you’re hitting a water bottle at 50 yds, I’d say the 100 grain heads are gonna work fine for ya!

• Sitka Gear