ELKMAN 12-Feb-19
x-man 12-Feb-19
Highlife 12-Feb-19
ND String Puller 12-Feb-19
ND String Puller 12-Feb-19
Franklin 12-Feb-19
BOWUNTR 12-Feb-19
11-Feb-19
I was at Scheels the other day and noticed the way they tie in there peeps was really cool. It looked like a criss cross pattern, almost like some of the braid patterns you see with paracord. The Archery Manager tried to explain it but I didn't understand. Does anyone know what I am talking about or how to do it.

11-Feb-19
Yep, it's how I tie all of our peeps in. When you pull it tight it sucks the serving together and really creates a tight knot on your peep and keeps it very secure.

11-Feb-19
You mean a series overhand knots front to back?

11-Feb-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
This is a pic I lifted off the web but it should look something like this. This is how I tie all of mine in, works great. Done with one single piece of serving.

11-Feb-19

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
I might be mistaken Brotsky, but that is about the most common way to tie in a peep.

It could be a a series of cow hitches. This shows a raised braided look over the length of your knots. You can do front to back or keep tying all on one side.

11-Feb-19
Bowfreak, I would agree, that should be the most common way but a ton of shops just serve a knot above and below the peep which works for crap.

11-Feb-19
I use a constrictor knot over the peep. I then hitch the tag ends and wrap tag down the side, at the bottom I make 6 wraps then 10 back served. I repeat going up the top.

I also at times just use a constrictor knot over the peep and the hitch and burn it. If I think I am goin g to make adjustments for the string is new I go this route till everything is settled.

11-Feb-19
Scheels uses a series of cow-hitches. About 3/8" long above the peep, about 1/4" long below the peep. At least that's the way my brother does it there. They hold tight, but can be manually slid up or down if/when needed. I do mine that way too. Takes about 30 seconds to tie in a peep that way.

11-Feb-19
I do mine the exact way Levi Morgan does above. The way x-man describes I don’t care for because of the possibility of play up and down because the knots can move on the string. I get it where I want it and lock it in tight.

11-Feb-19
Same as Brots and Levi...

12-Feb-19
I like a flexible tie in myself. Mark your peep location with a sharpie and really you don't even need a tie in.

12-Feb-19
I should add that my Indoor Freestyle bow has approximately 5,000 shots fired through it without the peep moving. I can tell if my groups are off by as little as 1/8" at 20 yards on this bow. My arrows are numbered and each arrow goes in the same hole every time through a shooting machine. These sliding knots just don't move if tied correctly.

Not that I'm advocating this for everyone but, I believe this is what the OP was asking about. If you want extra insurance, you can tie the peep in once settled as described in the Specialty Archery link above. The biggest advantage over Levi's method is that you can cut the Cow-Hitch knots without touching the bowstring at all. Levi has to keep the razor blade tight to the bowstring to cut the serving.

12-Feb-19
Brotsky, I learned that way back in the 90s. Your right the peeps don't move.

12-Feb-19
Been doing this since before it was cool lol. One piece of serving. Always use a single bevel paring knife for removal, never had an issue.

12-Feb-19

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo

12-Feb-19
X2 on Trial`s first method. Tie the loop in...hitch each side and run tag ends, 1 up and 1 down and wrap off each end.

12-Feb-19
I build fishing rods... the exact same way for a peep. Ed F

• Sitka Gear