WapitiBob 13-Feb-19
switchback 13-Feb-19
'Ike' 13-Feb-19
Trial153 13-Feb-19
wildwilderness 13-Feb-19
Wishedhead 13-Feb-19
Castle Oak 14-Feb-19
11-Feb-19
Hopefully you all applied early. If so, you can CHECK YOUR PORTAL and see a pending 2019 app. Claims it takes about 24 hrs to show up on your portal so if you are applying late, you may not ever see it before the deadline. Here's our horror story: Applied on Sat. Not all of our 6 separate apps took (despite my cc getting billed for all 6). The tool reported an error after billing my cc during my app (last of the 6). Today, I found portal entries for the ones where I had access (couple of my kids are over 18) and none for mine. So I resubmitted my app using different credit card and it took (still not showing on portal). I called in and the lady claimed to see 6 receipts with my name on them (receipt didn't show applicants name just billing name). 5 from Sat and one today on the resubmit (yup need a refund of the extra billing). She verified the boys but not my daughters. Eventually my adult kids responded and it turns out my daughters app also didn't show on portal i.e. didn't take (I forgot to enter the "optional" email for hers so I didn't have a receipt and you can't go back in and get one after the fact. ) but I did get billed for hers (plus the $5 protection since she's in college) on Sat. and everything went smooth when applying (no errors like mine). I did a resubmit for hers today and it took. Supposedly the tool will not let you apply twice (according to the G&F lady on the phone). Now I have a second refund to collect once the smoke clears. I will go back in tomorrow and hopefully see the two resubmits on the portals.

11-Feb-19
Mine's not in there, but I did it yesterday. I guess I'll check tomorrow and call if it's not there. Thanks for the head's up.

11-Feb-19
Are we talking AZ?

11-Feb-19
I applied Thursday evening and checked the portal Sunday evening. It wasn’t showing my updated license or that I even applied. I checked again this evening and it shows my updated license and hunt choices. What a relief!!!!

11-Feb-19
My license expires today and my app is already in. It won’t let me buy a new license. This site is unbelievably messed up. Doesn’t look like I will have a valid app this year through no fault of my own.

11-Feb-19
Idyl, it takes a day.

11-Feb-19
Mine are up.

11-Feb-19
Steve check you pm.

12-Feb-19
About a day after I applied I received an email showing what I had applied for.

12-Feb-19
Applied Sunday, didn't show up yesterday but it is showing up in my portal account this morning.

12-Feb-19
Is it a secret which state you are talking about?

12-Feb-19
Yes, we're trying to keep you from applying there to increase our odds. :)

I'm talking about Arizona, I assume that's what the thread is about since the deadline is today and they mentioned "Portal".

12-Feb-19
I'm trying to buy a license right now so I can apply and I keep getting an error message saying my session has timed out...

12-Feb-19
You guys that are not seeing your applications in your portal, did you set your new liscence to start today?

12-Feb-19
Mine still looks good.

12-Feb-19
AZ is telling me that I do not even have an account or portal that I signed up for last year and my buddies have been getting the timed out message since Sunday morning. I got a reminder Friday night about the apply date though from the state that states I do not an account with them. Really messed up.

12-Feb-19
Mine is working. I am always nervous about points and I am a little OCD about documenting them.

Good luck to everybody in this years draws.

12-Feb-19
The AZ site is brutal. Been locked up for 2 days now.

12-Feb-19
What's the deadline for submitting a paper application?

EDIT: Never mind, January 15th...

12-Feb-19
W8N4RUT....you might have a browser issue or ISP issue? Try using a different device or network to log in. Each time I've logged into my account over the last few days, including just now, the site is working fast and flawless.

https://accounts.azgfd.com/Account/Login

12-Feb-19
Whats the deadline for electronic?

12-Feb-19
SS--agree for the portal but to buy the hunting license its been locked up. I tried 3 different computers too. called this morning and waited on hold for 1:10 but finally got thru.

why am I happy that it cost me $160 to simply apply for a very difficult state? :)

Scott

12-Feb-19
Tonight at midnight. 2/12

12-Feb-19
W8, ok gotcha. Bought mine last week, apparently before any problems started happening.

12-Feb-19
I applied last week for myself and my two boys. AZ's site is f'ed up! Took me forever but I finally got it all done.

12-Feb-19
Just went thru the license purchase process this am at 8:53 and it works fine.

12-Feb-19
Whats total cost to get a NR point?

12-Feb-19
160 for the NR Combo license and 15 for the point.

12-Feb-19
double post

12-Feb-19
My brother was on hold for 2 hours and got disconnected. Another friend has been getting the timed out message for 2 days. Seems like still a few glitches. Hopefully they will extend so everyone gets it worked out.

12-Feb-19
What is a combo license? That would be a hunting and fishing license in my state.

12-Feb-19
Did ours yesterday. Nothing showed in portal, but I know it takes some time for the system to post. This morning the license shows but so far not the app. Feeling good the app will show. We printed out receipts for everything so should be good.... um, should be....... =D

12-Feb-19
It is just a combination hunting and fishing license. Basically just a normal hunting license with fishing thrown in.

12-Feb-19
I've been trying all morning with 3 different browsers on my computer and also with my phone. I'm not able to buy the license. Sometimes I get the "Your session has timed out message" and sometimes I get all the way through it to the pay screen and it bombs out and I get the message "Please log in first" when I was already logged in and it knew who I was...

12-Feb-19
I was having the same issues as Mike. After about an hour, I got through on the phone and the nice lady did it manually for me. A buddy was having the same problem starting yesterday evening and was freaking out since he had to work today. The nice lady at AZGFD said she hadn't heard of any problems even though she couldn't walk me through it on my computer. She did send me a receipt that shows my applications and hunt codes. Good luck everyone.

12-Feb-19
So...you can just buy the hunting license and buy a point or do you have to go the combo route to get a point?

12-Feb-19
You have to buy the combo license first, then go back and buy the point. You have to enter the combo number to get the point.

12-Feb-19
Gotcha. A guy can always go hunt deer and javis too with that license.

12-Feb-19
Combo Hunt and Fish is the only license available to NRs now. There isn't a Hunt Only option for licensing to NRs.

12-Feb-19
After 1 hour 35 min was disconnected

Back on hold other 33 min. State office.

regional office personnel wouldn’t do it over phone .

12-Feb-19
Mine went through after several attempts trying to purchase my hunting/fishing license. I just kept after it. I was getting the timed out errors and the need to log in errors.

12-Feb-19
I agree the AZ site is probably the worst I’ve ever applied in but the question is why do so many guys wait until the last day to apply in AZ ? You could have applied a week or two ago and had your license start today to be able to use it again next year. Most years they have to let the AZ app period run a few extra days due to some reason or another.

12-Feb-19
was informed to clear my browser history. had some help with that. ok! got access. just finished AZ license, elkapp., antelope app, and point guard. SUCCESS! printed receipts

12-Feb-19
Why does everybody need to check their portal? Didn't you get a confirmation email after applying? I did.

12-Feb-19
I am baffled by anyone who waits untik the last day or two to apply. What is the benefit? This happens somewhere every year, it isn’t worth stressing and waiting til the last minute.

12-Feb-19
Thanks, Huntcell, clearing my browser history allowed me to get everything submitted.

12-Feb-19
Some may be waiting for the end of their CC cycle.

12-Feb-19
I waited until the last day so today would be the first day of my license and it would be good for next year's application too. I didn't realize that I could have bought it a week ago and made it effective today. My mistake, duh! Never again...

12-Feb-19
Could be wrong, but I think they only send confirmation to the Sugar Daddy that paid for the apps...... I'm hopin' anyway cuz I got no notice....

We waited till last minute due to not sure if we wanted to even apply or just get a point due to schedule, etc. We applied. Then we had to make the final decision as to where..... then we had to see who had $30 left on their card...... shucks..... I lost.... won..... depends on how ya look at it..... =D

12-Feb-19
Their Book Of Faces page is saying phones will be open until mid nite.

12-Feb-19
Around 2:30 this afternoon my app finally showed up on my portal. Whew. Interestingly, the 2 apps that didn't go through on Sat. still show pending on the CC account where the other 4 are no longer pending. They are also both pending on the different CC I used when I reapplied yesterday.

12-Feb-19
I apply a week or two before the deadline even if I’m not sure I would be able to go if I do draw, then buy the point guard and have my license start on the deadline day. Now I can cancel if I need to if I draw and keep all my points, save on the nr license for next year and they don’t charge your card until you do draw. If you miss a draw because you waited until the last minute to put in and lose a point .....in AZ that lets a lot of guys ahead of you and with point creep it puts you way behind where you would have been.....Good luck all !

12-Feb-19
So on my portal it shows i have bonus points under the bonus pt link, on the Draw application link shows my recent app, but shows 0 bonus points, do i need to be concerned?

12-Feb-19
Apps are there now..... good to go!

Didn't want point guard...... might mess up differences of opinion with Coach should I happen to draw. As it is now I have some leverage.... =D

Chances are razor slim anyway.... don't have the points I need, but got lucky a few years ago. It can happen again. Can't happen if you don't put in for a hunt. Somebody's gonna draw em....

13-Feb-19
Considering the money that nonresidents shuck out just to get points you would think thier system would b bombproof and customer friendly. What a joke. The 3 guys in our group and all our kids had a miserable time. Our portals are still not right and one of our group didn’t get in with us. Who doesn’t give a group number or leader number for applying as a group. I now have 7 checks coming my way to cash??

13-Feb-19
I apply for points only and apply for deer and elk both every year so trying to squeeze the dates til the last minute does me zero good. I applied a few weeks ago. Been burned by servers crashing a time or two in the past so now I never risk waiting til the end

13-Feb-19
Elk369, I asked the same question in another thread. Points don't show in the application summary.

13-Feb-19
Point guard is for individuals only. You have to purchase it for each individual. You can purchase it for one or all at $5 a person. If drawn any or all can use it if purchased one time for that species. My wife used it two years ago and I didn't . We were both on the same app. One check back to applicant A unless something has changed??

13-Feb-19

13-Feb-19
Looks like the application deadline is extended for another day, till 10pm today.

Going to the portal and looking at the apps, it sure looks like if you want to purchase the Point Guard after the actual app is submitted you still can. Might think about it as long as nobody rats me out....

Edit: might still be available for purchase due to deadline extension

13-Feb-19
"One check back to applicant A unless something has changed??"

Creed, they don't refund you any money if you return your tag. They just restore your bonus points.

13-Feb-19
You can still buy point guard.

13-Feb-19
Game and Fish have extended the deadline to 10pm MST today due to capacity issues on the site.

13-Feb-19
Why people wait until the last minute is beyond me...

13-Feb-19
Why they dont build a system capable of handling the traffic is beyond me...

13-Feb-19
If they extended the deadline to Feb 13, does that mean everyone trying to use last years license, which expires on Feb 12, does not qualify? Will their apps be rejected?

13-Feb-19
I tried to get through starting 6 days ago with my free time and was put on hold until thier offices closed at night. Was trying to avoid the last day rush. The problem is the website. The group leader issue would help a ton. Just issue a number to one guy to give to his party members and be done. Doing it all on one application is silly. Having a point only period would eliminate a lot of congestion as well

14-Feb-19
Let's all pray that AZ hires a competent, private contractor to handle the draw process. Otherwise, we'll get screwed and not know it.

• Sitka Gear