BOWNBIRDHNTR 13-Feb-19
Matt 13-Feb-19
SBH 13-Feb-19
Pope125 13-Feb-19
Matt 13-Feb-19
11-Feb-19

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
This past season I tried the new Vortex, Steel Ferrule, 2 inch, 125 grain heads.

I had been following the Vortex posts on Bowsite and also have been trying different style mechanicals the last few years. I like two blade mechanicals because I only shoot 60 pounds. The forward deploy entrance cut is about an inch, the head fully deploys quickly and the exit cut is a full 2 inches.

So far I’ve had three kills, all three shots were pass threws and the deer went down in sight.

Everybody loves their broadhead and these have me pretty excited. I’ll be using the solid Iron Wills in 125 grain for elk this fall but for Turks, bear, antelope and deer I’ll be using the Vortex.

11-Feb-19

11-Feb-19
Impressive

13-Feb-19
Curious how do you practice with that head x2 hunt Lewis

13-Feb-19
Good looking steel head. Surely did the job on that deer. Paul

13-Feb-19
Vortex always puts out a very top quality product. I've shot them for years and look forward to trying these new steel heads as well. Great shooting Charlie.

lewis, just like a good FB, I practice with the Vortex and touch up the blades when I'm ready to hunt. You can also get replacement blades if you prefer or ever bend one. Being made from spring steel the blades may bend if they hit something very hard but I have never seen one break.

13-Feb-19
Congrats on the success. The Vortex 125 gr. steel 2" is an outstanding broadhead.

13-Feb-19
You've got my attention Charlie......do you find they tune well with your field tips?

13-Feb-19
For practicing you can use electrical tape and go around ferrule a few times, done practicing pull off tape put O-ring on and your ready to go . Talked to Steve they have a practice head in the works .

13-Feb-19
Having shot Vortex for 20+ years, I've just dedicated a couple of heads for practice.

I used to use the wire ties they had in the produce section of the supermarket, but frankly it is really difficult to keep the blades from opening (lasted maybe 2-3 shots). I've tried super glue and tape as well with questionable results.

It does give me great confidence those blades will open on game!

• Sitka Gear