LaGriz 14-Feb-19
M.Pauls 14-Feb-19
APauls 14-Feb-19
Bow Bullet 14-Feb-19
spike78 14-Feb-19
Dyjack 14-Feb-19
mattandersen 15-Feb-19
12-Feb-19
The runner who killed a lion will hold a news conference Thurs, and then answer questions for 30 minutes. No other details. From the Denver Post tonight.

12-Feb-19
I hope he demonstrates his technique in case I run across one......

12-Feb-19
Dry creek, don’t lie. You’re looking for a way to subdue a cougar!

12-Feb-19
Looking forward to hearing this...

12-Feb-19
First question from a bubble-headed bleached blonde reporter: "What were you thinking when it jumped on you?"

12-Feb-19
Please, somebody explain to me how the benefits to him outweigh the negatives in voluntarily subjecting himself to the press.

12-Feb-19
Lou it will be more like - “How do you feel about having to kill a Mtn lion”

“Do you have any remorse?”

12-Feb-19
I hope the room goes dark, they blast Cat Scratch Fever, and he enters the room with the hide draped across his shoulders in a spotlight.

12-Feb-19
Ya, he should have just stuck to print articles. That's a bad option.

12-Feb-19
I'd be willing to bet it's a paid performance.

12-Feb-19
I'd heard rumors he was some MMA fighter or wanted to be? If so, my understanding is keeping quiet and shirking the spotlight is kinda the antithesis of a pro fighter.... even if he only gets one big fight out of it....

Well, OK..... maybe chicks dig scars.....

Other than that.... yeah, bad plan of action..... "What made you attack an innocent baby lion???"

12-Feb-19
To answer Jaquomo's question, if he says anything except "OH SHIT" he is lying!!!

12-Feb-19
That'll work Glunt...8^)

I'm curious to see this guy's build...

12-Feb-19
Ucs, when I undress they be pretty damn subdued ! :-)

12-Feb-19
The Cats Meow Martial Arts Studio coming soon details at 11:00!

12-Feb-19
Glunt X 10,000. That'd be memorial for sure.

12-Feb-19
Obviously, I won't get to see it on the news. However, I'd love for one of you Colorado guys to post the news channels airing it. So, I can go to their web page and watch it.

Adding to Lou's and Brad's point, I'm guessing somewhere along the interview the reporter will ask him why he thinks the Mountain Lion attacked him.

12-Feb-19
Good for him, go get another!

13-Feb-19
He's alive because he didn't give up! Never ever give up!

13-Feb-19
Glunt! That would be fantastic.....

13-Feb-19
Here is the Denver Post article.

No individual interviews- only credentialed media allowed.

13-Feb-19

cnelk's Link
See link

13-Feb-19
Interesting to read who is "facilitating" this conference. Maybe, this is the department(s) attempt to move forward and he is just cooperating.

I'm typically a very private individual but this is a briar patch I would want to get thrown into. Every other phrase out of my mouth would be, "good thing it wasn't a child or an elderly person on the trail instead of me..."

13-Feb-19
I think many of us are picturing the guy choking out an actively struggling lion, I seriously doubt that is even possible.

I bet the guy knocked that lion silly with a rock....then did whatever he did to kill or choke it.

I don't believe that anyone could get a choke hold on a struggling lion....and "Choke it out".

Those lions can do backflips in the air...they are incredibly agile. I've seen them being chased by our dogs jumping from cliff to cliff, tree to tree.....crazy how they can move.

13-Feb-19
Beendare, I'm having a hard time understanding how he could have done it to a mountain lion too. But, from trapping I've learned that felines can be choked out 10x easier than canines (bobcat compared to coyote). I really want to hear how he says he did it.

13-Feb-19
I envision it was a triangle body lock with a rear naked choke... for a stoppage in round 1. That's my prediction.

13-Feb-19
They should hold the press conference at a dive bar at happy hour...

13-Feb-19
Instead of Cat Scratch Fever, they should have Strangle-Hold as his walkout song.

13-Feb-19
Yes.... like Strangle Hold much better.... =D

13-Feb-19

JohnMC's Link
This link says they plan to cover it live. But does anyone know the time?

13-Feb-19
Maybe he just wants people to know the real story. He's getting hate from many wjo don't think he should have killed the cat, and like on this forum, everybody has an opinion on what they think happened.

And chicks will dig him even more if they put a face to the legend.

13-Feb-19
LOL @ Glunt!!!

13-Feb-19
Wil Cher be the co-host?

13-Feb-19
How many protesters will be there condemning him for unnecessary violence against an animal that was just acting naturally?

13-Feb-19
I'm sure it won't go well. The comments section of the newspaper article was bad enough

13-Feb-19
Bad move. He will probably get death threats.

13-Feb-19
CNN Reporter: "Do you think Trump had anything to do with this" ?

13-Feb-19
yep Trumps fault. Putin had him plant the cat

13-Feb-19
Some of you don't read and just comment. "Only media who are credentialed will gain access to the conference." They will be respectful to him and he will come out of it a minor celebrity. That is my prediction

13-Feb-19
John, let's not give the media too much credit. These people live in an ignorant liberal urban bubble. I could see them being more respectful to the cat if it had killed the jogger.

13-Feb-19
Who said anything about a town hall meeting? Press conference involves the "press"..... who these days apparently get their "credentials" from a box of Cracker Jacks.....

13-Feb-19
Tomorrow.

13-Feb-19
I’m no cat behaviorist so I have a question for those that may know. Do lions learn hunting behavior from their mother? Would one expect a mother lion that runs away at the sight of a human to instill that fear in her offspring? As well as the opposite... if she doesn’t fear humans maybe she inadvertently taught the kitten that humans are not a threat??

13-Feb-19
It sure lions are scared of humans...

13-Feb-19
Lou I’ll bet you a beer at the first Weds shoot he comes out of it with no more scars. Unless the beer donation goes up to more than a dollar. ;)-

13-Feb-19
Those expensive beers at FCAA!

14-Feb-19
The lions around that area sure aren't scared of humans. There's no lion hunting anywhere within hundreds of square miles. So the youngsters are taught not to fear humans, and if one is hungry enough and the opportunity is presented... Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

John, I'm sure he will come out of it looking fine, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a leading question about whether he regrets killing it, if he had it to do over again would he do anything differently, does he feel sad about the cat dying, etc..

14-Feb-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Here’s an actual photo of the runner immediately before the attack.

14-Feb-19
Its been over a week. My bet any stitches from injuries have been removed. Cant show that - bad for Colorado tourism

The flavor of the interview will be 'Vanilla' - and after the interview there will still be more questions than answers

14-Feb-19
I can’t find Jack shot on time of this thing. Everything just say Thursday. Does anyone know?

14-Feb-19
I agree Dirk. He should have let this die on the vine. Once his name is made public, I can see a scenario where the PETA crazies will be sending him and his family death threats. Lay low for a year or so and then give an exclusive interview to Trail Runner Magazine or something along those lines. That would be the safer route IMO

14-Feb-19
CNN Reporter question #2: and how does this link back to the Russia investigation?

14-Feb-19
JohnMC - according to Denver Fox-31, the media has been requested to not release the time and location of this press conference.

14-Feb-19
Until the sex of the cougar can be positively identified he/she shall be known as Cecil/Celine or other appropriate gender fluid term.

"That F'n be-otch" is not appropriate.

14-Feb-19
Question 1. Do you feel any regret for trespassing and then killing this lion in its home?

Question 2. Are these the types of encounters we can expect from now on - since Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord?

Question 3. What other negative effects will man made global warming have on the lion population.

14-Feb-19
Channel 7 said they will stream it but not sure how to watch if I don't know when it is...

14-Feb-19
They are deliberately witholding the time and place of the presser. Presumably to prevent a bunch of idiots in lion suits from protesting and disrupting.

14-Feb-19
I agree this guy is taking a risk in doing this. The jogger, his family, and his business could be effected.

Years ago here in Louisiana, a friend of mine was involved in efforts to tranquilize a rhino that escaped from a local zoo. They had the traffic stopped on HWY 90 in both directions. They were under pressure to get the situation under control in a hurry. My friend was backing up 2 other veterinarians that were trying to get the proper angle and distance for a dart gun. The big girl had been tranquilized before and wanted no part of the encounter. When she had the opportunity she charged the vets and he fired on the beast to prevent his college from being killed. The rhino died with in a few feet of him and one of dart gun toting men. This story made the national news, and the fall out was freighting. He received threats and was worried about an animal rights guy taking him out. His employees got harassed on the phone, and he feared for his family's safety.

The Zoo ended up being fined for an inadequate enclosure. The decision came from the same certifying authority that approved the enclosure just weeks before the event. I wish this gentleman all the best. For sure this guy is on tough fellow and has my respect! LaGriz

14-Feb-19
Dude would have been way further ahead to agree to a Bowsite interview with Pat and call it good

14-Feb-19
Ya, here he's a hero, out there in the crazy world he's a psychopath.

14-Feb-19

Bow Bullet's Link
There's another thread but here's a link anyway.

14-Feb-19
All that and he is deciding to bring a knife with him? Yikes gotta be a dem.

14-Feb-19
He wrestled it got on top of it. Tried multiple times to stab it with sticks to get it to release his hand. Then attempted to bash it's head with a rock. It wouldn't let go so he shifted his foot to it's throat.

Some say his balls grew two sizes that day.

15-Feb-19
If I were this guy, I'd proudly tell my story and how I defended my life and have absolutely no regrets killing something that was trying to kill me. I would fear no backlash. I understand how the media and certain groups/people may view things differently. I think he is a badass and deserves nothing but respect. Just my 2 cents

• Sitka Gear