jdee 14-Feb-19
patience2spare 14-Feb-19
BULELK1 15-Feb-19
Earltex 15-Feb-19
Earltex 15-Feb-19
WapitiBob 15-Feb-19
13-Feb-19

wildwilderness's Link
I saw this on another post, AZ extended the draw deadline til today at 10 pm MST.

Does this affect those trying to use last years license that expires on Feb 12? With the new deadline you technically will not have a valid hunting license on the last day of the draw, today Feb 13th.....

13-Feb-19
you'll be just fine

13-Feb-19
This happened a few years ago. I panicked and bought a new license. Those that didn't buy a new one were just fine.

Arizona needs to get their shat together when it comes to their website. It's ridiculous in this day and age that what they have passes as acceptable. Wyoming would be a good state for them to use as an example.

13-Feb-19
You could have bought a paper license from Walmart last night at 11:57 and would be fine.

Let that rattle around in the ‘ol noggin for a few seconds.

13-Feb-19
AZ just needs to hire whoever made Utah's draw application site and have them redo it. Utah's works great and the color coded weapon sections prevent you from accidentally putting in for the wrong tag.

13-Feb-19
No matter the system Ike, human nature would take over...Lol

13-Feb-19
Utah's online system is 1000 times better than Arizona's. This happens every year... Ed F

13-Feb-19
Wildwilderness, I just got off the phone with AZ Game and Fish. Mine was valid until the 12th and they said as long as it was valid until yesterday its okay. You're fine.

13-Feb-19
Well, online license purchase system is down. I had intended to buy my license to get another point this weekend but family emergency came up and it slipped my mind. Not a huge deal as I only had 3 points and did not have the loyalty point any longer... definitely not a convenient time for their system to go down.

Keeps giving me an error message: "your session has timed out" as soon as I click continue after entering my sportsman ID and birthdate.

13-Feb-19
Getting same error message here. Is there another deadline just for purchasing points, or is this it?

13-Feb-19
Bonus point application and hunt application dates are the same. What a fiasco!

13-Feb-19
Thanks, I was already on the phone...the first time. Two calls, and an hour later I've got my points. I shouldn't procrastinate is the lesson I reckon, but yea an "IT" fiasco for certain.

14-Feb-19

14-Feb-19
Good to know there are a lot of people out there that are far more obsessed than I am! My old lady said that wasn't possible. Breathe!!!!

14-Feb-19
I guess you all have your reasons but why any serious AZ elk hunter would wait until the last minute is way over my head. You miss one point and you get knocked back and passed by a lot of guys who put in not to mention point creep . Units 5 years ago that required say 10 points are now taking 15 to get a tag. You gotta be sitting on GO when the AZ apps open !! Good luck.

14-Feb-19
I hunted 5BN in 2012 and had an amazing hunt! After returning home and getting back into the "what comes next" mindset, I decided that I wasn't willing to wait another 9years to bow hunt elk! I'm a high school teacher, father of 2 with VERY limited time during elk season and admittedly a limited budget for out of state hunts. So staying in the AZ game just to wait another 10 or more years didn't make sense.

So I bowed out of the AZ points game and was able to hunt NM twice in the 6 years that followed. Do I dream of the AZ elk rut and hunting there again: FOR SURE! Is getting a point at the top of my priority list: it can't be if I hope to also hunt out of state during the ensuing 10years that I wait on AZ.

For those of you building points to hunt AZ for elk during the rut: IT IS WORTH IT!!! The experience was amazing. But having had a taste, I want to experience elk hunting more frequently than AZ allows and there are other states that offer elk hunting opportunities - even premium rut hunts far more frequently.

My perspective. Pete

15-Feb-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Like I stated on the other thread a while back, I am superstitious and kept with that and bought my new license.

Good luck, Robb

15-Feb-19
What a disaster. Tried and tried to apply for bonus point only and never would go through. I live overseas and it appears the system wouldn’t allow my app form a foreign location. Worked fine in previous years. No luck this time.

15-Feb-19

15-Feb-19
A person could have bought a license two months ago and set the start date to Feb 12 then applied for hunts/points in early January, before the license was even valid.

• Sitka Gear