Buffalo1 15-Feb-19
BIGHORN 16-Feb-19
AZ~Rich 17-Feb-19
AZ~Rich 17-Feb-19
PAstringking 18-Feb-19
Buffalo1 20-Feb-19
14-Feb-19

14-Feb-19
Wish I knew, because mine have still not arrived from Sept. '17. I got screwed. Taxi went 'bankrupt"... :X

14-Feb-19
My first recommendation would be probably be Coppersmith

14-Feb-19
I am currently dealing with Retha at Eagle Eye Global. She has been professional, quick to reply and keeps me and my customs broker very well updated.

14-Feb-19
Coppersmith X2

14-Feb-19
Wait, are asking about the customs broker on the US side? Or the shipping/export people on the South Africa side?

On the US side, I use Coppersmith.

14-Feb-19
Thanks everyone its for a friend is NY

14-Feb-19
African Legacy Logistics in S Africa. Www.africanlegacylogistics.co.za.

14-Feb-19
Coppersmith. I have been using them since 1994 without any problems.

14-Feb-19
Another vote for Coppersmith. Great service easy to work with. They assigned me a personal representative who handled all the logistics.

14-Feb-19
I have a taxidermist in NY that does a ridiculous amount of African animals. They can help set up everything from booking the hunt right back to the mounting of animals. They would be the ones I’d talk to about how to ship it.

http://www.pepifamilytaxidermy.com

14-Feb-19
As for the shipping/export company in South Africa, used Zingela Forwarders.....Charlene was great to deal with and kept us informed. Another vote for Coppersmith’s as the U.S. broker.

14-Feb-19
D&L is doing our animals. Good so far!

14-Feb-19
DL does all mine

14-Feb-19
For a USA based agent I have used D & L for my last 13 african trips, all with no issues.

15-Feb-19
He was told Dl doesnt go yo NY? Or thats who i use my stuff from july is already on way here

15-Feb-19
Trapper that sucks

15-Feb-19
After relooking at the question asked of "broker for shipment from Africa to US", I would have to say that the taxidermist in Africa has made that decision for the shipment of a crate from Africa to the US. Fortunately, I have never had a problem with the African export brokers I have dealt with and have found that they most often know the import broker I am dealing with once the crate arrives in the US.

The greatest horror stories I have heard is the countries and the taxidermist in Africa where trophies never make it to an export broker in Africa to ship crate to US. To me this is something very important that should be considered when selecting African outfitters and taxidermist. I always inquire of an outfitter who does the taxidermy work and I inquire of the taxidermist as to who the export broker will be. If I don't like what I am seeing of the taxidermist or export broker I tend to shy away from the outfitter. "Birds of a feather tend to flock together" rings true. Quality deals with quality and trash deals with trash because quality will not deal with trash - the two do not mix well.

A dead battery will always pull a good battery down !!

16-Feb-19
I used South Texas Fur Dressers.

17-Feb-19
Flora and Fauna import brokers operate out of NY and I have used them once with no problems. However, Coppersmith is really great and now my go-to broker.

17-Feb-19
I feel your pain on that Pat. My impression is that the level of accountability and organization around these processes is inherently lower in most African countries other than RSA or Namibia where the systems and policies in place are more robust due to the volume of hunters. Probably a good thing to keep in mind when planning to hunt in those other places. Mapping out each step of prep and export required in those countries beforehand with the hunting operator can shed light on what needs to be setup before leaving the states.

18-Feb-19
Pat... I know there have been a few changes when it comes to Moz but not many. You will still have to pay for shipping/export to Joburg...Import into Joburg, then dip pack as normal in Joburg, and shipping/import into US.

But this is part of hunting wild Africa. Not much different than hunting Zambia, Zim, Tanzania, Ext

20-Feb-19
Probably a dumb question but animals killed in Moz, Zambia, Zim, Tan, etc are not dip and ship prepped and crated in those countries?

I understand that Africa is Africa, but how do skulls & skins get to Joburg, and then have to be prepped and crated before being shipped to US?

• Sitka Gear