axle2axle 21-Feb-19
spike78 21-Feb-19
master guide 21-Feb-19
Jeff Holchin 23-Feb-19
Brotsky 25-Feb-19
Paul@thefort 25-Feb-19
14-Feb-19

JohnMC's Link
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2019/02/14/watch-live-meet-colorado-man-who-killed-mountain-lion-self-defense/2868484002/

14-Feb-19

JohnMC's Link
better link

14-Feb-19
Wow....he did great.

14-Feb-19
WOW!

14-Feb-19
He's currently dating Gisel Brady, movie deal with Sylvester Stallone, poster deal for Stranahans Whiskey... Ed F

14-Feb-19
He handled that well. I probably would not have made it alive to do a press conference!

14-Feb-19
Friendly press. He did a very good job of being calm and even entertaining. Should defuse all but the most rabid haters.

14-Feb-19
Wow! I missed the 1st half. Has anyone seen the full video posted yet?

14-Feb-19
Its up on Youtube. I like how the woman doing the intro had to explain that we don't have African lions here...

14-Feb-19
Any link Jacuomo? I looked but everything says a week ago...

14-Feb-19

JohnMC's Link
Link to it here:

14-Feb-19

Destroyer350's Link
Thanks Jaq

14-Feb-19
The lady commenting on YouTube is an idiot.

"Where was the runner, was in the Mountain Lions habitat? How was he able to get close to a Mountain Lion to get attacked??"

"This sounds like animal cruelty. No one is suppose to put their hands on any human or animal body.?"

14-Feb-19
I bet they have some pretty comical pillow talk now.

The girlfriend seemed sensible and nice, but I can’t get past that she looks a bit like Kaitlyn Jenner

14-Feb-19
Luckily the video I watched only has 34 "thumbs down". 34 brain-dead idiots looked up from their Instagram feeds and Starbucks long enough to watch the video and disapprove? It's no damn wonder fools like AOC and Pelosi get elected to national public office in this country.

14-Feb-19
Jaq x2

14-Feb-19
Great job-in all respects.

14-Feb-19
Smart young man and in a lot of ways and very articulate. Well done indeed.

As one reporter stated, " are you going to mount it?" No clue and clueless but over all, well done.

my best, Paul

14-Feb-19
Great job by Travis - all around.

14-Feb-19
Reading some of the comments make me laugh and shake my head. "This time we approve of the killing".

Good to know he has the approval of some Birkenstock snowflakes. But there is still a segment of idiots out there who wish the cat would have won. How detached from reality have many become?

14-Feb-19

14-Feb-19
Dude is from Arkansas. No doubt a descendant of TBM. Straight up killer.

14-Feb-19
He was prety luck. Anyone notice the one puncture wound on his neck? Not sure what it was but had that one been in a little different spot it could have ended a lot different

14-Feb-19
Could've easily lost an eye too. Kyle Clark on Denver channel 9 just ripped those internet experts who are criticizing Travis. He said, "When you are attacked by a mountain lion you can try to talk it down, lie back and accept that it was here first, whatever you want to do, champ. Travis did the right thing." He also said he should never have to buy another drink in his life, and people can send the bill to Kyle if they don't want to pay for it themselves.

14-Feb-19
The man is a PussycatSlayer!

14-Feb-19
my understanding of this is this was not a juvenile but a 40 lb kitten check for the facts and call the game commision media screwed up

15-Feb-19
The cat ran up and latched onto his hand? Sounds like inexperienced cat or something was wrong with it. A normal lion when hunting would blast you and break your neck so quick you wouldnt even know what hit you. Atleast that’s what they do to deer.

15-Feb-19
It probably was, both young and inexperienced, but it latched onto his hand because his hand was up, protecting his face/neck area.

15-Feb-19
I actually saw part of the interview on GMA this morning very well done and I didn’t see any bashing at least what they showed.Loved his statement when referring to Chuck Norris.Lewis

15-Feb-19
Does not matter that it might have been a 40 pound kitten. Have you ever had ahold of a 3 pound cat that does not want to be held. It can really rip you. This guy did a great job during the incident and handled the press conference extremely well.

15-Feb-19
Sounds like the cat went for his head/neck and Travis was able to get his hand up and in the way. Travis was not running with music blasting and was aware enough to notice the cat and defend himself. Very good job on the incident and on the interview.

15-Feb-19
There wasnt anything wrong with that cat - it took on something twice+ its size without hesitation.

I doubt some of you 'skeptics' would take on something twice your size

Good job all around

15-Feb-19
Yep cat went for his throat but fortunately for him he got his hand/ wrist up in the way. Took him several minutes and killing it before it let go. Can’t imagine if the cat had gotten his neck. Even though small it woulda likely killed him.

15-Feb-19
He is originally from Mountain Home, Arkansas. Just a couple hours from me. I knew there were some bad asses in those hills but wow!

15-Feb-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
All you really need to know from the presser. What can I say, the man has a way with cougars.

15-Feb-19
Ermine said: "I can’t get past that she looks a bit like Kaitlyn Jenner"

I was thinking that she is what Kaitlyn Jenner might look like if she really WAS a woman....

15-Feb-19
Ya, but what will she think every time he picks up a rock...

21-Feb-19
I incorporated this story into my "Happy Hermit" newspaper column:

"Grandma got run over by a panther

A few weeks ago there was a young fella in Colorado who was attacked by a cougar/mountain lion/puma/Felis concolor. He ended up killing the cat with his bare hands (and possibly a handy rock). The North American “lion” is actually not a lion at all. Scientists say he is genus Felis, which makes him or her the largest of the small cats. Leopards, which are very similar in size, are native to Asia and Africa, and are genus Panthera, thus the smallest of the big cats. None of that has anything to do with my story, or the price of tea in China for that matter. (Actually since leopards kill a lot of folks in India, where tea is grown, and tea is grown in the hills where leopards live, the price may be somewhat impacted by labor shortages, I dunno.) Anyway good old Felis concolor isn’t near as dedicated and diligent a people-eater as the leopard (Panthera pardus), even back in the day when there was a lot of ‘em roaming the woods, plains, sagebrush and deserts of our own “sea to shining sea”. Yes these blue mountains of old Virginny once held scads of “lions” of the Felis c. persuasion, Eastern subspecies. The eastern variety (extinct) was a bit different than the Florida version (endangered) or the Western subspecies (doing quite well now thank you and seeming to have amended its former aversion to people-meat). Now I somehow struck up a conversation via Messenger with a friend and neighbor whom I’ve never met and don’t live near about this recent feline-fatal Felis c.-versus-person donnybrook. She related that her (?X)Great –grandmother had killed a “panther” with a rock. I related that my high school Ag teacher had a (?X)great grandmother who killed one with a fireplace poker. Her reply was “I wonder if that’s why they’re all gone, our great grandmothers killed them all?” Well my goodness that’s brilliant young lady! I won’t mess up the trend here by telling the tale about my great great great (X?) grand-male-relative who killed an F.c./ ie: ”panther” which jumped him while exiting the outhouse, by the expedient of his wooden shoe down its throat. (What a pioneer-German-immigrant thing to do by the way.) It’s a great story, but siphons off some of the glory attendant to our pioneer women for de-cougaring Appalachia. Let’s just give great great granny the glory, after all she was probably barefoot and pregnant at the time."

21-Feb-19
Great job at the interview...thankful he didn't receive any long-term damage as a result of this attack. Yeah...the slice below his eye and the puncture wound on his neck look like it could have been much worse. Extremely lucky...and nicely done defending himself..all the way around! Kevin

21-Feb-19
He must be a liberal as in the end he never mentioned bringing a weapon just to be aware of your surroundings. Just an observation not bashing the guy.

21-Feb-19
Boys all I can say is I would like to see the size of this cat. After handling many Mountain Lion over the years with a dart gun, catch pole and rope I can tell you there is something that we don't know about this story, and I will just leave it at that. Any healthy lion that weighs 40 lbs would be like grabbing on to a running chain saw. you can not stand on its neck with a running shoe, and you can not pen its hind legs down with one leg, if a 40 lb cat gets a good hold on your arm you will be in a hospital trying to save your arm, now if its a 20 lb kitten all of these things could happen but the cat could not run down a jogger . there is just more to this that thegame and fish is not telling.

23-Feb-19

Jeff Holchin 's embedded Photo
He was doing good until he said this:
Jeff Holchin 's embedded Photo
He was doing good until he said this:

25-Feb-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

25-Feb-19
Master Guide. When the dead cat was found, it had been eaten on. The CPW stated that they could not determine the sex or the exact weight and reported less than 100#. The news reported a 80 # cat and a good friend of mine, a Hounds Man and his wife works for the CPW told me 40# or less. THe CPW set live traps and caught two other young cats believing they were siblings in the exact area of the cats death. They set cameras out and only got pic of the two other cats. No mature, (mother) cat. There is no doubt in my mind that the cats were mel nourished and under weight and hunting on their own were not able to find enough food. 40 pounds??? Maybe, and maybe a lot less. Glad the guy was able to fight it off regardless of size. We both know of other cases where the outcome was different. my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear