HEAD DOCTOR 26-Feb-19
14-Feb-19

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo
Here are a few January Vortex Kills

14-Feb-19
Eh I’ll stick to my muzzy, mechanicals fail, fixed heads don’t.. I bought 3 of these vortex and all they did was rattle like a paint can inside my tight spot quiver. Just my opinion guys.

15-Feb-19
"Eh I’ll stick to my muzzy, mechanicals fail, fixed heads don’t.."

Other than the fixed heads that HAVE failed.

15-Feb-19

HEAD DOCTOR's embedded Photo
Here's one My hunting partner harvested. 165" Desert Mule Deer. Vortex 100 grain 2-3/4" cutting width. (black)

15-Feb-19

MONSTER JAVELINA. 78#'S field dressed weight. Vortex 100 grain 2-3/4" cutting width 15.6 green score skull.
MONSTER JAVELINA. 78#'S field dressed weight. Vortex 100 grain 2-3/4" cutting width 15.6 green score skull.
My hunting partner had a very good January. Here is a photo of a MONSTER Javelina. It was a boar weighing in at 90#s with guts in, and 78#'s field dressed. He used a Vortex 100 grain 2-3/4" cutting width. This is the largest boar I have ever seen. Usually they are short (length wise) 36 to 38 inches long nose to butt. This guy was 41 inches long and built like a bull dog, as you can see by the pictures. I have a full size mount sow that weighed 81-3/4 pounds. She was 42 inches long nose to butt. If I remember right the skull measured 14.6". The above boar green measures 15.6/16ths" and most likely end up between 15.2/16ths and 15.4/16ths. One day a long long time ago (late 80's) 4 of us had a total of 265#s a 72,69,64,& a 60 #er. All in one day. Those days I am sorry to say were gone for a long time due to a lot of issues. They are slowly coming back....I hope!!!!

15-Feb-19

15-Feb-19
Congrats! What are the issues that are keeping them down?

15-Feb-19

16-Feb-19
ELKMAN, One of the issues is that a large dairy farm has bought almost all of the land and are extremely anal about keeping the tumble weeds and grasses cut down. They have destroyed all of the natural cover that the Javelina's used for bedding area's. They have nowhere to hide and won't move into the cover since they are extremely territorial.

16-Feb-19

62# field dressed weight. Vortex 75 grain 2 inch cut.
62# field dressed weight. Vortex 75 grain 2 inch cut.
January 2019 Ham season Javelina. This was a boar shot at 10 yards with a Vortex 75 grain 2 inch cutting width. It traveled 30 yards after the shot. He used a PSE bow set at 50#'s. It weighed 62#'s field dressed.

16-Feb-19

hunting dad's embedded Photo
hunting dad's embedded Photo
Here's my 50lb. dressed javelina.

16-Feb-19

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo

17-Feb-19
The only head that has really failed me was a muzzy.

17-Feb-19
Matt that guys trolling... Marshall mathers aka Eminem on bowsite lmao.

20-Feb-19

Here is another taken with a Vortex. The photo does not show the body because the coyote's ate it overnight.

20-Feb-19
I see. Good info.

20-Feb-19
More like Jerry Mathers—aka—Leave it to Beaver!

He’s been trolling on several threads. Keeps changing his handle and name.

20-Feb-19

This is how I found the deer early the next day. I guessed the meat weighed about 90 to 100 pounds. How many pounds can one coyote eat. How many coyotes does it take to eat this much meat?

26-Feb-19

This was Roberts first kill ever. He had a January archery Javelina tag but did not Kill. He got a Rifle Tag and I convinced him to try his bow instead of his rifle. He made a great shot at 40 yards in an open field. After the kill he asked me if I would show him how to gut it. I told him rule number 1. DO NOT PUNCHER THE PAUNCH. Pew, He did but I bet you he won't ever do it again.

• Sitka Gear