Shinkers 17-Feb-19
Dirk Diggler 17-Feb-19
WV Mountaineer 17-Feb-19
JL 18-Feb-19
Thornton 18-Feb-19
Dirk Diggler 18-Feb-19
BullBuster 18-Feb-19
17-Feb-19
Somebody posted a video over on Deer Hunter forum about new research that claims CWD is caused by a bacteria instead of a prion (which everybody else's research claims is the case) but the link didn't work. Anyone heard about this ?

17-Feb-19

JTV's Link
https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/deer-scouting/deer-behavior/controversial-research-bacteria-not-prions-cause-cwd

17-Feb-19
I hope he turns out to be right. That would be the first good news on CWD we have had.

17-Feb-19

17-Feb-19
Thanks for the link JTV

17-Feb-19
Very interesting. I'm curious where this goes...especially for CJD and Alzheimer's.

17-Feb-19
That connection to CJD could be interesting as well. Would not be the first time science is turned on its ear! Hell, look at how long it took to debunk the flat earth and earth as the center of the universe...

17-Feb-19
That link is 8 years old and the only person pushing the bacteria theory that I can see is this Dr. Bastian.

I hope that he's correct since it would simplify the CWD problem greatly.

But I can't help but feel that there must be a reason why in 8 years nobody else has looked into this.

17-Feb-19

Dirk Diggler's Link
That was me dry creek, dont know how it ended up there or why it didnt work. Where is the deerhunter forum? I'll try and post it again but the video is contained in JTV's link. It's going around facebook as if it's new. JTV's link is 8 yrs old but above the video in the link it says update without a date. And I'm with you JL the part about CJD and Alzheimer's is what I found most intriguing.

17-Feb-19
It makes sense to me. CWD seems to be something that isn’t new. And doesn’t affect herds that are more sparsely populated. Since reality and history has shown that anytime you congregate any species to tight, eating, urinating, and defecating in the same areas, you get diseases that arise. I don’t know why this is any different.

Not saying it’s true but, no one can suggest it isn’t valuable at this point either.

18-Feb-19
The 2011 article was updated with the vid that is dated Feb 4th, 2019.

18-Feb-19
I wish everyone would stop freaking out about CWD. It's been around as long as we have probably

18-Feb-19
Thanx JL, I didnt see it. I'm with ya Thornton, but I am intrigued by the possibility of making advancements in JCD and Alzheimer's, and it'd be nice to put this CWD nonsense to bed once and for good.

18-Feb-19
How did Alzheimer’s get thrown in with JCD? It’s not a “prion” disease. Just curious

• Sitka Gear