Carnage2011 21-Feb-19
WapitiBob 21-Feb-19
c3 21-Feb-19
TD 21-Feb-19
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Feb-19
Beendare 21-Feb-19
Surfbow 22-Feb-19
21-Feb-19
Curious about how close GoHunt or TopRut were to predicting draw odds for WY elk.

Anyone use their data and draw??

21-Feb-19
Used it and didn't draw...

21-Feb-19
When combined with other information about the units from talking to people, yes. Pretty much on the money for what I expected looking at the 5 units for elk in Wyoming that I was looking hard at.

21-Feb-19
Are they really predicting odds or are they just posting what the prior years’ odds were?

21-Feb-19
They don’t predict odds. They give you the statistics from last years draw.

21-Feb-19
Toprut lists their odds as "2018 odds" and they are very accurate. The best site for the money.

There are 2 people that predict odds that I have seen, for OR and Utah.

Utah http://utahbiggameodds.blogspot.com/

Oregon https://sites.google.com/site/oregontags/

21-Feb-19
Definitely 2018 odds on TopRut. I would have been 66% chance with 9 points last year and didn't draw with 10 this year :(

Cheers, Pete

21-Feb-19
Predicting draw odds..... aren't they kind of like the weatherman saying "50% chance of rain...." ??

Well...... except for lots of em that are 0%......

21-Feb-19
Odds and trying to pay attention to trends in the units your interested in...

21-Feb-19
Even if you pour over how many applicants at what point level...you just can't account for guys that point bank and don't apply until they think they can draw.

I watch more than a few states....and I KNOW I'm not the only one of us doing this................ /grin

There for a couple years i thought there were only 3-4 guys ahead of me in the draw for Nevada elk. Now a whole slew of guys pop up with a boatload of points, dang it.....point banking no doubt.

Point creep is here to stay for awhile on many of these hunts.

22-Feb-19
GoHunt said I had a 3.7% chance, didn't draw, VERY disappointed!

• Sitka Gear