GF 21-Feb-19
g5smoke21 21-Feb-19
Zbone 21-Feb-19
jsgold 22-Feb-19
Shawn 22-Feb-19
SJJ 22-Feb-19
David A. 24-Feb-19
21-Feb-19
Does anyone have any experience with RER recurves. I'm looking to get another. I am a lefty so have some limited options. They have an Arroyo 45# at a sale price in stock that I have been looking at for some time.

21-Feb-19
Nick, you might try asking that question on the Leatherwall site. I am sure you will receive some good responses. Paul

21-Feb-19
Thanks Paul, I'll post over there also

21-Feb-19
I do not own an RER bow, but know people that shoot them and all seem satisfied with their bows. Longbows and recurves are very personal. What one guy may like another likes less so.

21-Feb-19
John, I agree, I have a buddy who is a bow tech for Scheels for his job and shoots alot of trad...he recommended for me to go to a trad shoot locally and try some bows out, but being a lefty it's pretty limited. I had a Pearson and bear grizzly that I didn't really care for and also a Hoyt Dorado I really liked but sold a few years back. I will be giving RER a call to see if I can return if I don't like the feel

21-Feb-19
Leatherwall also has a great search feature. There was a recent thread on RER bows.

21-Feb-19
I had an arroyo, several years ago. Nice bow. Haven’t shot one since RER changed hands.

21-Feb-19
http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/thread2.cfm?threadid=306745&category=88#4543654

21-Feb-19
Thanks guys I appreciate it...I just got off the phone with Chester. Seemed like a nice guy

21-Feb-19
I own 3 RER bows. (along with a bunch of other bows) A Vital and XR takedown recurves and an LX longbow. They are all great shooting bows and one or the other always seem to end up as my go to #1 bow each year. They have been consistent freezer fillers and have accounted for a lot of game over the years.

21-Feb-19
I’ve got a LB from the original owner; slightly cloudy glass, but it just plain SHOOTS for me.

Never heard any gripes about anything from RER.

21-Feb-19
Thanks fellas..I'll have an Arroyo ordered up tomorrow...looking forward to it!

21-Feb-19
I've never heard of RER Recurves, who's the bowyer?

22-Feb-19

jsgold's embedded Photo
jsgold's embedded Photo
I bought a 50 lb. @ 28" Arroyo last February and couldn't be happier with it. Shot it a bunch all summer long, was fortunate enough to shoot a doe and buck with it in the fall, and now I'm using it to shoot video archery. I bet you'll really like it!

22-Feb-19
I shot Kevins bows for about 8 years. I owned no less than 8 of them. The Arroyo was my favorite. 54"s and 51#s at my 28" draw. All of mine were over from 51#s to 65#s. I had to sell or trade them all due to a very bad shoulder. I still shoot one of Kevins takedowns. It s a CRX 56#s and 46#s. I have killed a ton of deer with his bows. That said the new owners make a nice bow they just are not for me, not the same as when Kevin and Sue owned the company. Best of luck with your Arroyo, I love their static limb design, not big hooks but great performance. Shawn

22-Feb-19
I own the very last Arroyo Kevin built. Bought it on my phone in the car on way to vacation with my wife driving and she didnt even know it! Have it for several years now. Sweet little bow for sure. My son bought a new Arroyo from the new guys and it is a little different but very nice.

24-Feb-19
I also bought one of the last Arroyos Kevin built. I have several Chester built and I have visited with Chester at his shop. In my opinion the new RERs are every bit as good as the ones Kevin built, probably because of a) the extensive training gave Chester and b) Chester's own top skills and standards. Might have been an issue in the first year, but absolutely a non issue today, IMO. He is making some beautiful bows and the Arroyos in particular are awesome.

Took this bull with a 54" 52# Arroyo Chester built (camo dipped).

Get in touch