Zim 05-Mar-19
Cheesehead Mike 09-Mar-19
BULELK1 10-Mar-19
Treeline 10-Mar-19
Charlie Rehor 10-Mar-19
Ron Niziolek 10-Mar-19
26-Feb-19
'morning All,

I held out till after Wyo results and the Expo results to apply.

I'm in for my 3rd LE bow Bull tag (ressy in Utah) in my FAV bow elk unit as it is one of the very few With Out any spike/cow hunting.

Then the last of my OIL Species~~ D-Ram as I have all the other OIL Species 'On The Wall' so I am hopeful to draw the new Bow Only hunt offered this year, tag # won't be set until late April/early May but I'm thinking 4-6 Bow Only tags.

I hope ya'll pull off your Dream tag here in my home state.

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

26-Feb-19
I apply because it's relatively cheap and I've got enough points that I don't want to throw them away but Utah odds and their early archery elk season is a joke. Hope to draw one deer tag and one elk tag before I die.

Good luck, Robb, I hope you get that DBH tag this year!

26-Feb-19
I got mine done this past weekend. Have enough points now to draw a few tags.

26-Feb-19
Not here. Got two reasons to wait. Arizona results. And this is my year to buy the UT NR license, so like to wait until last minute so that will be valid longer for next year. That way I'll have the most time to make choices in 2020.

26-Feb-19
Trying to decide whether to spend ‘em or save ‘em!

26-Feb-19
Really hope to beat the odds this year...again. I'll be the only one hunting in the household this year so it'll be easier to focus.

Midwest, I agree the early season timing is tough! Look at success rates for even the best archery units like the San Juan. 14 tags and only 4 tagged out!!! 7 of those hunters waited 17 or 18 years for that tag. Crazy stuff there.

26-Feb-19
Just long shots here this year too. I do really like the trend of offering more opportunity for archery only on the OIL species. Hopefully that will continue.

26-Feb-19
I'll be doing mine soon. With 20 points, I'm hoping to finally pull a bison tag!

26-Feb-19
I did Utah the day that Wyoming came out Nevada next then The Montana big three

26-Feb-19
I plan on just getting a point for elk. Only have two points as of now. Boy the odds are long. Not sure if it’s worth applying or getting into the points game for anything else?

26-Feb-19
I put in for deer and elk bonus points but was thinking about doing the OTC Spike/Cow tag in So Utah. Anybody think that's a good idea? That doesn't hate NR Bowhunters :) Thanks

26-Feb-19
Good luck Robb!

26-Feb-19
Empty Freezer, if nothing else, that is a good way to learn a unit .

26-Feb-19
Utah’s application program is so damn nice.

26-Feb-19
Billy I agree, one of if not the easiest and best.

26-Feb-19
Empty Freezer, put in for a general season deer tag too and then buy the archery elk over the counter for what ever spot you've been thinking. The Boulder, Beaver, Panguich Lake, Southwest Desert, Fish Lake, even the San Juan have incredible places to camp deer and elk hunt, all at the same time for 4 straight weeks. The best time if you ask me is the week after Labor day as the mtn's are void of people and the elk are just starting to round up the cows.

I'm not a fan of the spike hunts and never hunt them, but it is a great way to learn a unit and probably one of the most cost effective tags for elk there is.

Cheers, Pete

27-Feb-19
Sadly, Utah is off my list. I pulled an elk tag 5 years ago, so now even though I'm out of the penalty box, at age 64 I'm not starting over. I've also already drawn limited deer and Henry Mtn bison. I have more points than I need for antelope and a handful for goats with extreme odds. I'll probably eventually try antelope, but even if I never do, Utah has been good to me. Somebody else's turn now. Good luck to all!

27-Feb-19
I've suggested to guys for years to do the bow spike/cow hunt as the tag is currently good in almost every dang LE Big Bull unit.

You certainly get to know the lay of the land and experience is so very valuable for the LE Big Bull tag ya finally draw.

I believe the General bow elk tag is $388.00 for a non-ressy.

Thanks Fella's, I'm antsy! haha

Good luck, Robb

PS ~~Ya already have the license to apply that you can use to hunt/buy your OTC Bow elk tag.

27-Feb-19
I'm in for six species....with very small odds of drawing any. Can't win if you don't play though....

27-Feb-19
Good Luck Mr Facer

28-Feb-19
HaHa!!

Thank You

Good luck, Robb

28-Feb-19
I’m in. LE Elk, Gen Deer, Mtn Goat.

As Robb says, “Ya gotta believe.”

28-Feb-19
You guys are being a little too positive about that elk tag. I was hoping you would talk me out of it.(never) Gotta make it happen. Thanks

28-Feb-19
In for everything as always. One day.......

01-Mar-19
With 20 points for Elk and 22 for Bison I applied for a bonus point for Elk and the Henry Mountains Archery for Bison. I think I have a good shot at getting the Bison tag this year and I cannot possibly do both hunts in the same year. Good Luck to all.

01-Mar-19
With 20 points for Elk and 22 for Bison I applied for a bonus point for Elk and the Henry Mountains Archery for Bison. I think I have a good shot at getting the Bison tag this year and I cannot possibly do both hunts in the same year. Good Luck to all.

01-Mar-19
If you drew the elk, you would be out of the draw for bison anyway so no way you'd get both. Best of luck in the bison draw!

01-Mar-19
Thanks Midwest. I never knew that.

01-Mar-19
Drawing is in this order. First one you draw and you're out of the rest.

1.Buck deer (premium limited-entry, limited-entry, CWMU and management buck deer)

2.Bull elk (premium limited-entry, limited-entry and CWMU)

3.Buck pronghorn (limited-entry and CWMU)

4.Once-in-a-lifetime

5.Dedicated hunter buck deer

6.Youth general buck deer

7.General-season buck deer

8.Youth any bull elk

01-Mar-19

05-Mar-19
No love in AZ so finally goterdun in UT. Only realistic chance is Pauns archery deer. Dropped off a couple snowball's chance OIL apps, kept two.

09-Mar-19
I'm in for a couple longshots on elk.

10-Mar-19
I hope ya'll draw that dream tag!

I have been known to go on scouting trips with lil' vid's and pix for the guy/gal that draws out, and some threads on here~~ just sharing.

Yup--------->

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

10-Mar-19
Dang!

I did not know that drawing deer, elk or antelope would kick you out for OIL!

Set up to draw antelope with my brother in law.

Guess that will kick me out of the bison draw. Looking like several guys will apply with more points than me anyway so would have been in the random anyway. But still thought I would have a chance!

10-Mar-19
The spike/cow elk tag is a great deal in Utah. I may do that again some year but no more draw for me. Good luck to all. Utah is a beautiful state to explore.

10-Mar-19
Yeah Tavis, looks like Rockbass torpedoed our Henry's bison chances. Guess I just might have to chase more elk instead. Rockbass, best wishes on drawing that bison tag and having an awesome hunt!

• Sitka Gear