bow_dude 26-Feb-19
WapitiBob 27-Feb-19
x-man 27-Feb-19
bow_dude 27-Feb-19
x-man 27-Feb-19
x-man 27-Feb-19
WapitiBob 27-Feb-19
26-Feb-19
Age has crept up on me and with it the eyes are not so good anymore. I need a "crutch" (magnifying lens). My eye focus's great on the pin and the target is not so clear anymore. I purchased a 4x and a 6x lens a few years ago and have used a green clarifier and a yellow clarifier, depending on the lens magnification with satisfaction. Needless to say, the eyes have gotten progressively worse. Now, without a clarifier, the pin is in focus well, (it sits in front of the lens) but the target is not in focus. With the lens and the clarifier, the target is in focus, but the pin completely disappears. I have not tried a verifier, but it is my understanding that the verifier will bring the pin into focus but not help with the target focus. Would putting the pin behind the lens help? would using a verifier help?, Get rid of the pin and use an aiming dot of some kind on the lens? What are some of you doing to help with this ailment. Surely I am not the first to have run into this dilemma.

27-Feb-19
A clarifier clears the target, verifier the pin. You will not have both in crisp focus with a two lens system. Using a 4 and 6x I am assuming you’re shooting targets. You might drop the pin and use thick “hoop” reticle from precision reticles. If you require a pin/fiber, blue has the least halo and most have the fiber in front of the lens.

27-Feb-19
For Target shooting I had similar issues. Most guys like me use a lighted fiber pin. Super-impose that lighted pin on the target( it's going to be blury). Or, you could do like I did and lose the pin all together. My scope lens has a 3/8" 6x grind in the center, and the rest of the lens has no magnification. All I see through my scope/peep is the white five ring of the target. Your brain will automatically find the center, No pin at all.

27-Feb-19
Thanks guys... however, I do not shoot target, just 3-d. Trying to see the 10 or 12 ring would be the goal. For indoor 3-d, the 6x was too powerful at times and I would get lost on the target. The magnification drove me a little crazy at first due to the magnified movement, so I gave up the lens. It has been a few years and with the slow but continued worsening of my vision, I am ready to try the lens again and learn to look past the motion. Today is my 65th birthday and I still enjoy shooting 3-d and hope to continue for some time in the future. Just trying to keep up with the aging process.

27-Feb-19
The stronger the clarifier, the less magnification you will end up with. For example: your green lens makes your 6x scope lens seem more like 5x while the yellow one keeps it at 6x. Now if you had the red peep lens, you would make that more like a 4x front scope.

27-Feb-19
The stronger the clarifier, the less magnification you will end up with. For example: your green lens makes your 6x scope lens seem more like 5x while the yellow one keeps it at 6x. Now if you had the red peep lens, you would make that more like a 4x front scope.

27-Feb-19
Precision reticles; 750 od with .220/.235/.250 id

Similar to x’s setup but different

• Sitka Gear