Trial153 27-Feb-19
longspeak74 27-Feb-19
Brotsky 27-Feb-19
yooper89 27-Feb-19
backcountrymuzzy 27-Feb-19
Teeton 27-Feb-19
APauls 27-Feb-19
27-Feb-19
On the topic of keeping your phone/gps charged, what battery packs are you using? Anyone running solar? Give us the details... model.. charges.. how long to recharge pack?? etc.. Are the cheaper options viable compared to higher priced packs?

27-Feb-19
I have a RAVPower and an Anker, both are solid. The number of mAh will determine weight and charge time. I prefer something around 16000, should charge a typical phone 6-8 times. I don't think there's a huge difference in quality. Most can be had for $35 or less.

27-Feb-19

Brotsky's Link
Link to the one I use, it's bulletproof. $35.

27-Feb-19
I have three, Anker, Goal Zero and Dark Energy. They all weight about the same, within an once and I can get about 4 charges on my phone and inreach

27-Feb-19
Brotsky - are you using an iPhone or Galaxy?

27-Feb-19
I-phone 7

27-Feb-19
I found a Dark Energy Poseidon in a rental truck I had while working hurricanes this past fall. I was a few hours into my drive when I found it wedged between the seats. I'd wanted one for about a year after hearing how indestructible they are and how well they work. I use it all the time now and it's been great.

27-Feb-19
I've got the Anker 20100. I think it was $50 and its 12 ounces. Can charge an iPhone 7+ times. Charging the phones is quick but recharging the actual battery takes forever. Like 10+ hours at least

27-Feb-19

Teeton's Link
I have a battery pack with a solar charger, It's heavy and don't charge that fast to be worth carrying around. I have galaxy phones I went on ebay and got a dock charger that came with 3 batteries. I can take the battery out of my phone and put a charged one in and then put just the just the battery in the dock charger to charge it. So when I'm packed in I have 4 charged batteries with me. 3 batteries with the dock charger was only I think $ 22.00 with shipping. The non-changeable batteries is why I didn't get a I-phone. If the link works it's there so you can get a idea of what I got. Ed

27-Feb-19
I got one off amazon that I also use to boost vehicles, boat, quad, riding mower etc, and then will charge all of my devices easily on a fly in moose hunt etc.

• Sitka Gear