David A. 28-Feb-19
D-4 28-Feb-19
greg simon 28-Feb-19
Franklin 28-Feb-19
greg simon 28-Feb-19
Beendare 28-Feb-19
TurboT 28-Feb-19
28-Feb-19
Considering a hunt with Carlton...any Bowsiters have personal experience hunting with him?

28-Feb-19
I have hunted with Carlton the last 23 years. He runs a top notch operation. Him and his sons do most of the hunts. The other guides he uses are local and know the area very well. Very honest man and I highly recommend him.

28-Feb-19
I hunted with him in 2016. Unit 16d. Great hunt and I killed a good bull. Only one thing I wish would have been different. We had to drive over two hours one way to get to our hunting area each day. Made for a lot of time in the truck! However, guide did all the driving and was a great guy so conversation was excellent. I would hunt with him again if I could get a tag!

28-Feb-19
Wait a minute....you had to drive 4 hrs a DAY on a guided hunt??? Am I understanding this right.

28-Feb-19
Like I said the guide did all the driving, but yep.

28-Feb-19
About the only thing near 16D is that corner gas and convenience store.

If you fly in from out of state and don't have camp gear....closest motel is a long poke. USO has a bunkhouse down there....and so does Mick Chappell. Hopefully that recommended outfitter has invested in a wall tent by now.

28-Feb-19
I took my dad with Carlton in unit 12 a few years ago but it was a late season rifle hunt. Carlton is an awesome guy and so glad I went with him. A friend hunted unit 13 archery with him a few times and gave me the recommendation. Like most hard working men, he isn't easy to contact via phone or internet, but will get the job done when elk hunting.

• Sitka Gear