Bou'bound 02-Mar-19
buck 02-Mar-19
Alexis Desjardins 02-Mar-19
Dennis Razza 03-Mar-19
SteveB 03-Mar-19
28-Feb-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
I picked up my 2018 whitetail last night and got it up despite my two boys running around like 'ankle-biters'!

Haven't had a mount that we left the shredded bark on but I love the look. In the middle of a brutal Iowa winter so I thought I'd share while I nurse my cabin blues ;)

Hope you are all well.

28-Feb-19
Great mount and great buck! Congrats!

28-Feb-19
Looks great, Eyad! Like the shredded bark look as well. Super fast on the turnaround from the taxidermist. For an even more realistic look, I’d suggest leaving some preacher’s lice in the ears on the next one ;-)

28-Feb-19
nice buck love the kicker points oz

28-Feb-19
Love it! Great looking buck.

28-Feb-19
Preacher's lice.. knew I missed something! Always can count on you T-roy ;) Ha ha.

28-Feb-19
Very nice, clean mount Hawkeye! I used to compete in taxidermy competitions and took finishing classes from Joe Meder once upon a time:) The ear butts are positioned correctly with nice cartilage and muscle features. (not too big and not too small) The brisket area isn't pulled to one side or stretched across the arm pits which is a very common mistake even on mounts that most people rave over. The eye work looks good although I can't see the detail in the photo. With the other items in order, it's easy to assume the textured nose and nostrils and eye detail are great too. The bark in the bases is a nice touch to keep things natural. It takes a little extra care when cleaning and boiling the skulls to keep it intact. Give your taxidermist my compliments and btw, the deer form looks like a Joe Meder series form.

28-Feb-19
Looks great Hawkeye!

28-Feb-19
Thanks guys:) Roughcountry--great info as didn't know those things. Ironically, Joe Meder did the mount and has done most of the critters I have on the wall. Small world.

28-Feb-19
Wowser! Iowa brutes are fantastic.

PS: I meticulously pick out every bit of tree bark in the antlers. Ha Ha!

28-Feb-19
Too funny, Charlie! I love the bark mashed into the creases myself! Looks great, Hawkeye. Awesome and great looking mount!

Lee

28-Feb-19
Looks awesome! Love the bark in the antlers and his eyes look amazing! Congrats on a magnificent buck!

28-Feb-19
Congrats that’s a great looking mount!

28-Feb-19
Looks great!!!

28-Feb-19
I've left the bark on a few also, very nice mount Hawkeye, the eye set is perfect. - R

28-Feb-19
Looks great!!

28-Feb-19
Great looking buck/mount Eyad...

01-Mar-19
Great buck and beautiful mount, congrats

01-Mar-19
Very pretty buck! Love that mass and the character! Looks awesome up there on the wall for sure! Congratulations!

01-Mar-19
Looks great!

01-Mar-19
Beautiful buck. Thanks for posting. As well, what is that fat webby one in the lower right corner? Got a pic of that one too?

01-Mar-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Thanks guys. Trapper-that is Palmy...one of my favorite bucks and a cool story behind him. I'll post a couple pics here.

01-Mar-19

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo

01-Mar-19
the two pedestal mounts to the right of your picture, do you make those stands or buy them?

01-Mar-19
Reaper--Joe Meder got them for me from McKenzie I believe.

01-Mar-19
Hawkeye, thanks! Just looking at possibilities for the future. btw love the room!

01-Mar-19
Hawkeye...….

If you have time, you should post a close up photo of the eye/tear duct and the nostril. I will comment on it after you post to point out some features to look for. It may cause some others to cringe at the work they've been having done, but what the hay?

01-Mar-19
Thanks! All of them.....except one over beans ;)

02-Mar-19
Great deer and excellent taxidermy work!

02-Mar-19
Very cool...

02-Mar-19
Looking a little tight in there E, somebody needs a bigger boat. Great bucks.

02-Mar-19
Great deer and excellent story about him you wrote

02-Mar-19
nice buck!

02-Mar-19
Nice buck there congrats.

03-Mar-19
Very nice. Looks like you need to add another wall. Some great trophies you have.

03-Mar-19
Love it!

• Sitka Gear