Bowfisher 08-Mar-19
walks with a gimp 08-Mar-19
HDBOW 13-Mar-19
yooper89 06-May-20
stringgunner 06-May-20
01-Mar-19
Which one Trophy Tacker, Vapor Trail, or Trophy Ridge

01-Mar-19
I’ve been using the Trophy Taker Smackdowm Pro for years. Hate the name, love the rest.

01-Mar-19
Hamskea Hybrid Hunter

01-Mar-19
I have had both the trophy taker and the limb driver pro v and they are both great. I personally favor the trophy taker due to using the bottom limb because the quiver helps protect the pull cord. But the pro v picks up the arrow better ( I think) .

01-Mar-19
Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro. It's bulletproof. The Hamskea Hybrid Hunter is also outstanding. Can't go wrong with either one.

01-Mar-19
I also have the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter. The darn thing is awful nice......no complaints so far.

01-Mar-19
I recently purchased a new bow, and could not find a Smackdown Pro. Everyone was out just a few weeks ago.

I ended up buying a Hamskea Trinity. So far I love the dang thing. It's pretty tough

01-Mar-19
I have used Vaportrail and Trophy taker. Both are great rests, but for ease of set up I would go with the Vaportrail all day. Neither have failed me so can't go wrong either way. Vaportrail CS is top notch as well.

Matt

01-Mar-19
Hamskea here too

01-Mar-19
I recently went with the Vapor Trail Gen 7. Love it so far! As for the others I can’t compare as I’ve always shot QAD drop away before this. It’s a quality made product for sure and super to set up.

01-Mar-19
I have a TT Smackdown Pro. Nice easy rest to set up. Also very quiet. More so than my QADs.

01-Mar-19
"I have used Vaportrail and Trophy taker. Both are great rests, but for ease of set up I would go with the Vaportrail all day. Neither have failed me so can't go wrong either way. Vaportrail CS is top notch as well."

+1 Matt

01-Mar-19
Hamskea, IMO, is by far the best

01-Mar-19
Hamskea is the best. I’ve used a versa rest for years. Currently using the new trinity model! Awesome rests

01-Mar-19
Love my vaportrail gen 7!

01-Mar-19
Vaportrail here also.!

Limb driven rests are the clearance solution.

02-Mar-19
Hybrid Hunter here. Can’t go wrong with it.

02-Mar-19
I prefer the trophy taker Smackdown pro.

02-Mar-19
No question here, Hamskea

02-Mar-19
I have owned both the smackdown pro and the limbdriver - really like the gen 7...

The Hamskea is built like a rock except for the exposed spring that attaches to the cable, I’ve seen the spring stretch on multiple rests...

03-Mar-19
I’ve never had a TT, but had 2 limbdrivers and another brand. I currently own a hamskea versa-rest (original), hybrid hunter, and trinity. I honestly don’t think any of the others compare to the hamskea on any level. But obviously others may disagree ;)

—Jim

03-Mar-19
I've owned both TT and limbdrivers, both were good, I been shooting a QAD hdx's for around 7 or 8 years so far so good.

03-Mar-19
The two hamska I have had have been anything but issue free. Enough that I dumped them and have no plans for going back. I vacillate between limb driven and cable driven. Both bows this year have QADs and they been solid since I owned them. I also used a RIP cord drive last year and that was decent rest. I might pick up a rip cord Lok as it combines some of the features that like best in QAD ( locked up launcher) with a limb driven drop.

03-Mar-19
Trial you might be the only one I’ve heard that’s had issues with hamskea! And two! Bad luck! I have used the tt and hamskea quite a bit. No issues with either. I chose hamskea because it seems a little sturdier.

03-Mar-19
Trial- what were your issues?

03-Mar-19
Launchers would wear out very easy. Also had constant issue with the locking screws coming lose at in optune times, coupled with the spring and long cable there is way to much variance for me.

03-Mar-19
I called regarding the launder. They are meant to wear to a certain spot and then they’ll stop wearing. I can verify mine stopped wearing and hasn’t been an issue.

03-Mar-19
“Trial you might be the only one I’ve heard that’s had issues with hamskea!”

Count me as another. I tried the Hybrid and was less than thrilled. Within a week, it started making a clicking noise. They said they were aware of the problem, and did replace the defective part. Another thing I didn’t care for was the size. It interfered with mounting my bow quiver. As someone else mentioned, I also didn’t care for the exposed spring.

No doubt Hamskea has a loyal following for a reason, but there are reasons why some prefer different rests as well.

03-Mar-19
Once the Hamskea is setup properly, it’s bullet proof. The launcher issue was resolved with new material I believe. Hard for me to believe you “wear” a launcher out.

03-Mar-19
Hard for me to believe you can your panties in a bunch because someone doenst like your arrow rest of choice.

03-Mar-19
I’ll come forth as another Hamskea owner who had issues. This January on our Coues hunt, the rest kept freezing up and not working properly.

03-Mar-19

03-Mar-19
Limb Driver for me. I actually prefer the LD Pro, simple and easy to set up yet almost fail safe. If the cord does fail, you can shoot it as a spring rest.

03-Mar-19
I have the Hamskea Hybrid Hunter on what is now my back-up bow. The only reason I didn't swap it over is because it prevented me from getting my quiver as close to the riser as I wanted. Despite that, it still worked flawlessly with my buck and bull last year.

For now I have a QAD cable driven rest on my new bow...but I've been known to tinker...every day and might just flat out switch soon.

03-Mar-19
I don’t wear panties and prefer women that don’t so I’m not familiar with what your referring to.

I do not understand how you can wear a launcher out so I was curious to know.

I’m not opposing other rests, all have their pros and cons.

03-Mar-19
I’ve been using the Vaportrail Gen 7 since it came out and it has been issue free. It’s a very simple rest and I’ve shot consistent, tight groups with it.

06-Mar-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Hmm weird. Never had any issue with wear on my launcher on the Hamskea Versa rest. I use the accu launcher. I use a piece of bandaid instead of felt

Had a limb driver fail on my on a big buck. Never again. Hamskea versa rest has been absolutely bullet proof. The hybrid hunter doesn’t look as bullet proof to me

06-Mar-19
FWIW, a carbon arrow shaft will "sand" down a metal launcher if you don't keep a replaceable coating on it. Not nearly as fast as if it weren't a drop away, but still. Back in the day when I was shooting a lizard tongue rest and fat carbons on my target and 3D setup, I would go through 4-5 launcher blades each season.

06-Mar-19
The Hamskea Hybrid hunter has a composite type launcher that wears a groove over time from drawing the arrow back across it. Half Pint has this rest on her bow and she had worn hers down and I replaced it. I believe the new ones are made of something sturdier that doesn't wear as quickly. The Hybrid hunter can also be loud if not set-up properly. You need to make sure everything is very snug and tighten everything up from time to time or they get "twangy" for lack of a better term. All reasons I prefer the TT Smackdown pro on my rig. The Hamskea is a good rest, but not my first choice.

06-Mar-19
Zero issues with Trophy Taker Smackdowm Pro.

06-Mar-19
JTV, i have had freezing rain freeze/coat my rest and whole bow a few times. I never had problems with the Limb Driver. I have hunted with it in -15 degree weather and never a problem. I used to love the WB but they are loud.

07-Mar-19
Went to the Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro last year and I am very impressed with it.

08-Mar-19
Have had a TT for 5 years now, nothing but love it until the screws started coming loose and the head stripping out when I retightened them.

I called and asked if they could send replacement screws, they asked me to take pics of everything so I did. When I sent in the pics they said I had an older model, and the screw material or something along those lines had been changed. They sent me a brand new rest no questions asked. Pretty good service right there

08-Mar-19
I made my own back in 2001 I think and it's never failed me. If I had to buy a rest it would be Vapor Trail.

13-Mar-19
Hamskea here too. It’s by far the best rest I’ve ever used..

06-May-20
Picked up a hamskea based off the high praise in here. Looking forward to breaking it in.

06-May-20
TT Smackdown Pro. Both my dad and I have been shooting them for years with not one single issue.

• Sitka Gear