swampokie 01-Mar-19
JDECK 01-Mar-19
Native Okie 01-Mar-19
4blade 01-Mar-19
ben h 02-Mar-19
BULELK1 02-Mar-19
HDE 02-Mar-19
01-Mar-19
I'm looking to draw a general season mule deer tag and was going to hunt elk as well. Is the general elk archery tag no longer good for antlerless elk as well as spikes? Thanks, Dave

01-Mar-19
What unit are you going to hunt?

01-Mar-19
Monroe

01-Mar-19
I don’t believe you can hunt spikes on Monroe during the archery season.

01-Mar-19
I found it. Thanks

01-Mar-19
Monroe is spike only general season for archery and muzzle loader.

So yes, in short, you can yet spikes with your bow.

01-Mar-19
Ive heard there are some huge spikes in Monroe unit

01-Mar-19
Is the general archery elk tag also valid for cows?

01-Mar-19
Maybe that’s it, it’s just spikes no cows.

01-Mar-19
A General season Hunters Choice archery tag that you buy over the counter in July, you can shoot a spike on a spike unit or a cow. On a general unit, you can shoot any bull or a cow. Monroe is a spike unit so yes, you can shoot a cow during archery season.

Utah’s general-season archery spike elk hunt runs from Aug. 18–Sept. 7, 2018. The general-season archery any bull elk hunt runs from Aug. 18–Sept. 14, 2018, except on the state’s extended archery areas, where the season runs later into the year. If you obtain a general-season archery elk permit, you may use archery equipment to take only one of the following animals:•

One elk of either sex on a general-season any bull elk unit•

An antlerless elk or a spike bull elk on a general-season spike bull elk unit•

Only a spike bull on the Book Cliffs unit•

One elk of either sex on the extended archery elk areas

02-Mar-19
If memory serves me correct, generally the spike archery tags are good for spikes or cows, but the units do change based on elk counts I presume so that some are spike only and it doesn't stay the same from year to year so be sure to check because you can't shoot cows or bulls in those units.

02-Mar-19
Plus there are LE Bull units that Do Not offer the spike/cow option or are restricted.

Double check the Spike units on the UDWR site.

Good luck, Robb

02-Mar-19
General archery elk allows you to shoot any elk on any bull units and spike and cow on LE bull units unless the regulations state otherwise .

As mentioned, check the UDWR website/hunting regulations. Stating you read you could do it on an internet bowhunting forum won't hold up in court when you illegally shoot a cow in a, literally, spike only unit...

• Sitka Gear