Shug 04-Mar-19
Matt 04-Mar-19
Zackman 05-Mar-19
Panther Bone 06-Mar-19
trkyslr 06-Mar-19
Panther Bone 06-Mar-19
Drnaln 06-Mar-19
01-Mar-19
I have the itch to go on an archery Columbia blacktail hunt this year. I haven't entirely ruled out a DIY OTC hunt in California, but I do want to further explore the guided options since I'll be coming from New Mexico and time will be at a premium (little one at home). I'm mostly looking to experience a new state and species, so trophy quality isn't terribly important. In fact, I would be interested in a doe hunt if one is availble. I know Arrow Five is the default option. Unfortunately, they have been hard to get in touch with, and I believe are booked for this year. Where else have people hunted? Any recommendations?

02-Mar-19
I hunted with arrow five we booked yr in advance so 2020 would be your best try BSC see if they find you hunt

02-Mar-19

Bowboy's Link
You might try these guys. They list quite a few outfitters.

02-Mar-19

Bowboy's Link
Here's a good video with some Oregon late season Blacktail hunting. I grew up in Oregon and the late season is fun except it rains a lot.

02-Mar-19
Diamond C Outfitters in northern California,,,,great guy and plenty of big deer

04-Mar-19
I'll second Arrow 5 Outfitters. Give Jim a call.

04-Mar-19
I can highly recommend Arrow 5. I have hunted with hem numerous times for CBT and Coues deer. Jim and TinaMarie are wonderful people and will provide you with a great hunt.

04-Mar-19
I'll be hunting with arrow 5 this August

04-Mar-19
I hunted with Jim and Tina Marie once in the past. I was unsuccessful but wouldn’t hesitate to go back. An amazing outfit and great people.

04-Mar-19
Whoever you hunt with, make sure you know CA's baiting regs.

05-Mar-19
Depends heavily on the experience you want. In my opinion, a true experience for bowhunting Blacktails is on your feet in a spot-and-stalk manner. Bowhunting Blacktails with a guide in California or Oregon offers many different opportunities and experiences. Tree-stand vs. stalking, early vs. rut, baited vs. un-baited, open country vs. rain forest, etc. If you don’t care buck or doe, a guided blacktail hunt may not be for you. They tend to be a little pricey and it may benefit you to narrow down the experience you want before diving in.

Either way, true Columbian blacktail offer a great experience in some beautiful country!

06-Mar-19
I’m booked with Mike Lee of South Oregon Blacktails end of October this year, but it’s a rifle hunt. He does bow hunts, but was already booked out on those this year.

06-Mar-19
Panther mike lee kills some great blacktails. Good luck!

06-Mar-19
Thanks, Chris. Yes, he does. He seems like a super good dude, too. I was referred to him by a guy that guided me on mulies last year. He's priced at a premium rate, but he kills stellar deer and once you're with him he's only caring for you (rifle hunters). He only takes two rifle hunters a year at most.

06-Mar-19
Some good outfitters listed here. If you want a blacktail for P & Y or B & C study the boundaries for those organizations. A buck can cross a road or step over a Township Line & become a mule deer in some areas. SCI has much different boundaries for blacktails. Also pay close attention to Matt's post from above on this thread.

• Sitka Gear