swampokie 02-Mar-19
JRABQ 02-Mar-19
JohnMC 02-Mar-19
TEmbry 02-Mar-19
Ucsdryder 02-Mar-19
Trial153 02-Mar-19
Charlie Rehor 02-Mar-19
02-Mar-19
Just want to be sure I’m reading the draw update correctly, you need 3 preference points like before to have your name in the hat to draw (however tough the odds are). Moving forward to accumulate an additional pref point or weighted point you need to pay $100. You can apply without gaining a point though for the normal $9. So in theory, once you have 3 points you can continue applying for a lottery odds type draw and only pay $9/year (assuming you already have the small game license for other species applications anyway).

Anything not accurate in those statements? Planned to stop applying for moose but if you can keep throwing name in the hat for the price of a happy meal I may as well continue.

02-Mar-19
Yes, that is all accurate according to my reading of the regs.

02-Mar-19
if you are applying for a limited tag you have to buy a qualifying lic first ie small game just to apply.

02-Mar-19

JRABQ's Link
Looks correct to me. If you want to see how your odds depend on weighted points read the link. If you are sitting on 3+0 points now then buying one weighted point will double your chances. But they will still suck, you decide if it's worth the $100. The effect of buying another point will look more marginal if you already have a bunch.

02-Mar-19
That’s how I figured it too. I actually still need 2 more weighted points, so just wanted to make sure I could stop paying the $100 per year after $200 more thrown away. I like having my name in the hat for these long odds hunts, but if it’s an annual $100+ expense, that money is best spent on raffles with better odds. Just updated my notes as I reapply across the board this spring and wanted to get the Colorado changes correct.

Thanks guys.

02-Mar-19
Do you need 2 more WPs or 2 more PPs?

Once you get 3 PPs, any more after are only WPs

02-Mar-19
I misspoke, I need one more PP which I’ll go ahead and pay for this year and stop accumulating moving forward

02-Mar-19
The year after u get two points and apply ur eligible to draw? or the year after u get 3 points ur eligible to draw?

02-Mar-19
You need to accumulate 3 points to be eligible (for any bull or ram tag), so if you now have 2 you will not have a shot this year.

02-Mar-19
What I want to know is where are you paying $9 for a happy meal?

02-Mar-19
All meals make me happy and my meal prep meals usually average out to $9/meal depending on her menu for the week :).

02-Mar-19
Plus you need a small game or fishing license as well right? Not sure what the non resident fee is?

02-Mar-19
Yes you need a license now as well

02-Mar-19
Got my small game license. I’ll be hunting wabbits if nothing else:)

• Sitka Gear