cnelk 08-Mar-19
Mtn Htr16 08-Mar-19
akbow 08-Mar-19
cnelk 08-Mar-19
mulecreek 08-Mar-19
Mtn Htr16 08-Mar-19
altitude sick 08-Mar-19
08-Mar-19
Has anyone hunted Unit 13E in Alaska for moose? I am in no way looking for spots to hunt, just general info on the unit i.g. how crowded was it, were you seccussful, how was the weather.

Thanks in advance!

08-Mar-19
Isnt 13E a draw for NR? DM339. There were 25 bull tags issued in 2017, 12 hunters participated, and 5 were killed.

From the research Ive done, the AFG has done extensive predator control in all of 13 and moose populations is rebounding

08-Mar-19
cnelk,

You’re correct, it is a draw unit for a NR. I should have stated that I drew a tag in the unit and will be going hunting in September. I will be going with someone that knows the unit, just looking for some personal experiences/stories....again not asking for spots to hunt at all.

I’m super pumped as this will be my first trip to Alaska and first time to hunt for Moose.

08-Mar-19
In my opinion, all of 13 is good. However, anywhere accessible by vehicles is going to see some pressure. Guys spend years up here trying to find that honey hole and then hope noone follows their trail in there. Lots of expensive rigs that still make logistics of getting there a multi-day/multi-rig affair. If I was coming up blind and having not hunted up here--spend the money on an air taxi--get away from the crowds and enjoy. But, you better start looking for transporters. The good ones fill up fast--most probably already full for this season--keep calling though. I definitely wouldn't count on being successful by hunting from the road. That is a good tag you have, but you will be working for it to find a legal bull. You will increase your odds of success (if success is defined as harvesting a legal bull) if you can find someone to fly you out. Good Luck!

08-Mar-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here’s a 13 bull. Not 13E but not too far away

08-Mar-19
That'll do!

08-Mar-19
Thanks for The info gentleman! I cannot wait for this hunt!

08-Mar-19
That’s a heck of a bull! Great fronts and palms

• Sitka Gear