Ermine 04-Apr-19
RutnStrut 04-Apr-19
stagetek 04-Apr-19
mcarchery12 04-Apr-19
mcarchery12 04-Apr-19
Dan Mallia 05-Apr-19
Jims 07-Apr-19
08-Mar-19
Good morning-getting stuff ready for turkey season and I need a blind.

I'm not looking to spend over $300, will use the blind for everything here in Iowa bowhunting related.

I like big windows and the idea of the double bull style where it's a full horizontal window so that way when I'm sitting I don't have to worry about my arrow catching the blind, or not having enough room.

Any alternatives, or is DB the best?

08-Mar-19
Double bull

08-Mar-19
I’ve used double bull blinds for deer and turkey for years. Tried one other cheapo blind that lasted less than a season. Are there better blinds, I can’t say, but double bulls are very Bowhunter friendly and last. I’ll be in one a month from today, looking for turkeys.

08-Mar-19
Double Bull blinds are tough to beat, IMO. plus they are good at standing behind their products. Most likely at some point, you will need to replace a pole or two. They will replace them free.

08-Mar-19
We bought a BARRONETT OX 5 last year. I love it so far, but havn't had it long enough to tell you about durability. It has tons of room, and sets up quick. Its a little on the heavy side as you can imagine for how big the foot print is. https://www.barronettblinds.com/Product/ox-5-blind-backwoods-camo-8302

08-Mar-19
I think Roger's has the DB double wide on sale for $299 with free shipping. Very tough to beat!

08-Mar-19

Brotsky's Link
Here you go! Great blind.

08-Mar-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
The DB Darkhorse works for turkeys, geese, and pronghorn.
The DB Darkhorse works for turkeys, geese, and pronghorn.
needed a new paint job and a few new rods and hubs but holds up with some tender loving care.
needed a new paint job and a few new rods and hubs but holds up with some tender loving care.
Even the old T-2 BD still works. i added another front window for better visibility and shooting. Works. Yea, another paint job and rods and hubs all around. But it keep on giving.
Even the old T-2 BD still works. i added another front window for better visibility and shooting. Works. Yea, another paint job and rods and hubs all around. But it keep on giving.

08-Mar-19
I think I saw that same paint job spray painted under a overpass! ;)

08-Mar-19
You didn’t get your artistic painting talents hanging around in railroad yards, did ya, Paul? I’m kinda like JohnMC. I think I’ve seen something similar going by on more than a few boxcars ;-)

08-Mar-19
J. is your T-2 like the one I pictured above, with the modified extra front window. OR is it the T-2 with the large camo net front window that came out later in Ground Swat camo?

The later model was selling , full retail for $290. but most likely $199. to $249.

08-Mar-19
I believe it is like the one pictured. I purchased it around 2004 or 05 from sportsmans warehouse. I should probably set it up at take another look at it. The reason I picked up a T5 is because I needed more room for camera on tripod and T2 did not allow for it.

08-Mar-19
I killed my first called-in gobbler out of a T-2 just like the one Paul has pictured. It was the first ground blind I ever bought. I have a couple more now and I use the 360 most always but my T-2 is still hunt worthy.

08-Mar-19
Check out the Rhino Blind as well... I’ve got a couple and will say that these are very comparable to the original DB blinds when they were manufactured out of Monticello, MN—quality fabric and construction.

09-Mar-19
Double bull is great but Xenex is better imo.

09-Mar-19
I picked up a cheap Rhino blind at Walmart last fall and it's worked great for me. I've yet to kill from it, though my friend got his antelope from his and I've slayed some fish icefishing in mine this winter.

09-Mar-19
I could have bought a original BS5 DB yesterday, for 250.00 it was a pre auction sale, that was the best I have ever seen, use to own one, before mine was stolen... I now have the T2................

I agree with Les if its just going to be used for turkey hunts,,,, or take up Knotheads offer,,,,,,,, The T2 is a run and gun style blind, that will last a life time

09-Mar-19
John and Troy, actually I started my painting career painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but then it went down hill after that. Must have been the pain fumes. :) Paul

09-Mar-19
I've been liking my Xenek blind. Like a DB blind but with some good improvements

09-Mar-19

one item I would want in any tent blind would be a zipper roof window to let out the hot air and also to be able to stand up and look out of. Both of my Dark Horse and T-2 have the roof vent windows. I can also use my t-2 for duck hunting as I can stand up and shoot out of the roof window.

09-Mar-19
nice dog,,,, love it

18-Mar-19
Hey all, I bit the bullet and bought the Primos Brotsky posted- Roger's is giving another $50 off!!! It was $264.99 with shipping!

02-Apr-19

I go through a lot of blinds because other people tend to bust the easy fold up blinds like Double Bull blinds when THEY fold them up. GRANTED, the compact part of them is AWESOME. However, the best blinds I’ve ever used are made by Lucky Blinds in MI. They don’t fold up quite so far but they are more durable so I get 5x the use out of them. And they are easier to set up and take down.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't heard of the Lucky Blinds before, I'm going to give them a try. Look very nice.

02-Apr-19
The NAP Mantis blinds look interesting...

03-Apr-19
Why can't they bring back the simple T5 design???

03-Apr-19
Nick. I just don’t get it either. Someone can make it. I have 3 but they want last for Ever. By far the best design . Hunt

03-Apr-19
Midwest,,,, I think they have,,, I was just at a Deer Show last weekend,,,, although they had different fabric material, on some, Rhino blinds, still had one displayed for sale, in predator green camo, same original DB cloth material, I swear, it was the same as the T5 design,,,,,,,,,

I have T2 and had the BS-5 till it was stolen.... I like the original DB blinds, but was impressed with the Rhino Blind, which was a copy of the DB.....

03-Apr-19
Another bit for T5!

03-Apr-19
My original double bull is still as good as day one and I'm going on 15 years with it.

03-Apr-19
Barronet Ox 4 or The Pentagon I like because of the low windows profiles. I just bought a Ox 4@ Rogers for 219 free delivery. Ox 4 reminds me of my sons Double Bull.

04-Apr-19
Original double bull. The material of it was really good I thought. Quiet and not shiny

04-Apr-19
Rhino used to make a damn good blind and they stood behind it. Since selling a few years ago their product and CS is crap.

04-Apr-19
I've owned more than a few of them and my DB Matrix is still the one I use. Always !

04-Apr-19
rogers has the wide door for 229 free shipping for a bit

04-Apr-19
so cheap i had to buy one. but my old matrix is still my fav

05-Apr-19
How are you guys painting those blinds? I’ve got one that’s starting to fade.

07-Apr-19
If I'm going to spend hours....and possibly days in a blind I definitely would rather have lots of room to stretch, for gear, possibly a hunting partner than cooped up in a tiny blind. In fact, it's nice having enough room to lay down and take a nap! It's also great having clearance for shooting a bow out different windows and angles! With that said, I have a double-bull double-wide that is super nice! I have another smaller blind that has ever been out of a box!

With that said, my preference is to run and gun/bow....no need for a blind!

• Sitka Gear