ground hunter 09-Mar-19
Predeter 09-Mar-19
Paul@thefort 09-Mar-19
Paul@thefort 09-Mar-19
drycreek 09-Mar-19
Dale06 09-Mar-19
09-Mar-19
Good day.

Picked up nine Ramcat Hydroshock 125gr broadheads off the silent auction at a banquet last week. Could not pass them up for the price.

Wondering if anyone here has experience with Ramcat broadheads on turkeys? Large cutting diameter seems great for turkeys, just a bit concerned about arrow penetration around the wing butt. That's not where I aim...but the wing butt is in very close proximity...especially if the bird is in strut.

Thanks, Paul

09-Mar-19
Your only consideration, is the damage to the bird, that head will do,,,, I have killed deer and a ram, and turkeys with them. To be honest, they will tear up a bird pretty good, on a body shot............

09-Mar-19
I shot a bird with one last year and didn't recover it. Not blaming it all on the broadhead by any means but I'm going with a big mechanical for turkeys this year.

They did fly great for me and I think they're a really good head.

09-Mar-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
PAV, no reason why they will not work. I have been using these NAP 125 BH on all of my turkey and goose hunts and they surely do the job and on sale for $19. Have fun, as TOM season is coming up. my best, Paul

09-Mar-19

09-Mar-19
I've killed them with Muzzys, G5 Strikers, and Wasp Hammers when deer hunting, but when I'm turkey hunting, Grim Reapers, Spitfires, (and my favorite), Rocket Hammerheads are on my arrow. Large cut expandables are the best for turkeys IMO.

Shame on Paul for posting naked turkeys on the Bowsite ! :-)

09-Mar-19
A friend of mine uses Ram Cats on turkeys. He does fine. I use what ever I’m using for big game and that’s included Slick Trick, Exodous, Serazor, and others. I’ve killed 30 or so with fixe heads. This year, I may try a mechanical, but shot placement is the issue.

• Sitka Gear