Razorrick 10-Mar-19
TD 10-Mar-19
Northstickhunter 11-Mar-19
ELKMAN 11-Mar-19
Sivart 11-Mar-19
Bill Obeid 11-Mar-19
Timbow 12-Mar-19
10-Mar-19
Looking for recommendations of which Bee Stinger for a hunting bow, Realm X specifically. I don't have the availability to test them so I was hoping for some recommendations based on others experience. Thanks,

10-Mar-19
I bought a 10” - doesn’t sound all that big but wish I’d gone smaller as it’s a bit awkward in the woods. A 6” would have been ideal for a hunting bow. I’d guess the 10 is more for a target bow.

Lee

10-Mar-19
I have an 8” microhex on my Prime. Really like it so far!

10-Mar-19
micohexx, I have the 10, 12 and couple counter siders

10-Mar-19
For me, it’s the 15” Microhex Counter Slide. I used the Sport Hunter Extreme kit on both my hunting and 3D bows for a few years and much prefer the counter slide. I’ve never had an issue with the front stabilizer being too long, and I hunt thick stuff.

10-Mar-19
10” is a lot of stabilizer. People think it is normal but it is larger than average by a couple inches. You can get done with a 6 or 8 what a 10 will do and it gets in the way a lot less in awkward places. Don’t underestimate the smaller models.

10-Mar-19
Bou, do you know how the counter slide works? The longer models allow for greater adjustment front to back. A 15” model doesn’t mean there’s 15” sticking out the front of the bow. Typically, there’s more length/ weight on the back side of the bow to offset the weight of the sight. The offset also allow you to compensate side to side to compensate for the weight of the quiver. It’s SO much faster to acquire your sight picture with a bow that’s perfectly balanced front to back, and side to side.

10-Mar-19
Have you tried a B-Stinger? I heard all the hype, bought one, hated it and traded it.

10-Mar-19

No Mercy's embedded Photo
I LOVE the 15” counter slide with the dovetail. It balances the bow perfectly

10-Mar-19

I LOVE the 15” counter slide with the dovetail. It balances the bow perfectly

10-Mar-19
I was watching a elk hunt on tv and noticed a hunter had what appeared to be a 12” pro hunter. He used it to rest the bow on the ground at times while on his knees. Seemed like a point which you could rest your bow on and also keep your sight away from the ground. Any thoughts on these longer stabilizers from that aspect?

10-Mar-19
Bou' is using the excuse of pretty much every 6" when comparing to a 10......

I use a 10 with a quick disconnect that brings it out to 12". I think I have about 8oz on it now, I'd have to weigh it as it's adjustable. (not a b-stinger but same concept) Yes, it makes a great kick stand for the bow. I hunt on the ground a good amount and in thick stuff. It's never been an issue.

If you don't take longer shots they likely aren't much help. But the do steady the pin and help with movement on release and follow through. There is a reason they are used in target shooting and a reason the hunting division in 3-D limits them to 12".

There is nothing else I know of that you can just screw on your bow and tighten groups at longer yardage.

IMO if you're just screwing on something in the 6" range you're just adding some weight to the bow. The weight needs a lever to do much good. The longer the lever the more efficient the weight is.

11-Mar-19
I can’t really tell the difference at 20 to 30 yards, I guess I’ m not a good enough shot so I never use one,it’s funny Jay Ulmer musn’ T be that good either as he never uses one for hunting either.

11-Mar-19
I would go doinker. MUCH better for reducing shot vibration and noise. My nickel minus 3 cents...

11-Mar-19
Highly recommend the micro hex counterslide as mentioned above. It was a gamechanger for my accuracy.

11-Mar-19
Dead Center Archery Products makes a contraption they call the “Bow Balancer”... it’s cost is hundreds of dollars . Does anybody use this to help balance their bow? I never hear it talked about

12-Mar-19
I run a 10" in front and 8" in back. I've used that setup for everything from treestand whitetails to mountain elk and it's never caused a problem. The benefits in how the bow holds is well worth it.

• Sitka Gear