Adventurewriter 12-Mar-19
Quinn @work 13-Mar-19
CurveBow 16-Mar-19
11-Mar-19

Adventurewriter's embedded Photo
Anybody that knows me one of the things I am obsessed with are Cape Buff they are the baddest dudes and filled with character which is gold for an artist.

Each one has a different face unlike lots of animals. Some handsome, some Piggy, some mean looking (ahhh all mean looking) some butt ugly, some angry mutants, they are just cool. My favorite western of all time is the Good the Bad and the Ugly, and the final epic scene is of course in a graveyard. This bronze is a pretty small piece and each Buff is about seven inches long. The Middle is the "Good" a more handsome face, then to his right the bad with a beady little slit eyes (Lee Van Cleef) and the one to the left the 'Ugly" an old scrub cap worn horns, jowls, no ears left and they are all standing in a "graveyard" of cracked mud and a buff and lion skull in the dried mud. But at the end of the day it is three dugga boys doing their thing...

It is just too much fun to sculpt a piece like this...and give me a chance to dream about going back again to chase those beasts threw the thorns...

11-Mar-19

11-Mar-19

11-Mar-19

11-Mar-19

11-Mar-19
Very cool.

11-Mar-19
Top 3 hunts in Africa; buffalo, elephant, leopard. Put them in any order you like.

11-Mar-19
Nice work!

11-Mar-19
You've got talent!

11-Mar-19
Ken the one time I hunted Africa it was Buff....dying to get back!

11-Mar-19
Buffalo hunting is my passion. I could hunt only buffalo the rest of my life.

11-Mar-19
Great work! Love the reference to one of my all-time favorite movies as well!

11-Mar-19
Amazing work!

11-Mar-19
Very artistic work there. Nice job!

11-Mar-19
when I lived near Gainesville Fla in the late 80s I visited the Fred bear museum quite often & the first thing ya saw when ya went thru the door was a cape buffalo with a female lion on its side trying to bite the buffalos neck & the buffalos head cocked trying to Gore the lion with its horns. an incredible mount

11-Mar-19
Very nice ! I was always in awe of the "Black Death".

11-Mar-19
Wow, very nice work!

11-Mar-19
Thanks guys it helps me live kind of vicariously through the sculpture if I can't hunt them again yet...

11-Mar-19
Yeah, that's very cool...

12-Mar-19
Very cool, I like it a lot, especially with the story!

M

12-Mar-19
Good stuff!

12-Mar-19
Nice work as usual Ted! Love the sculpture and the back story!

12-Mar-19
I love it. Wish I had that kind of talent. There was a local artist who passed away a few years ago that made some incredible sculptures. My banker has two in his office, and I've told him I WILL be the high bidder for them at his estate sale :) One is a Cape buffalo head, and the other is a mountain lion.

Wish I could do that. . . .

12-Mar-19
Awesome. Forrest

12-Mar-19
Very nice sculptures... skills on display.

12-Mar-19
I fell like I'm looking at a sculpture of 3 china men… They all look the same to me.

12-Mar-19
Well, they are all Cape Buffalo. Having seen a ton of this type of thing I’d say it’s as good as any commercial work available. Very nice!

12-Mar-19

Thanks guys Bake its all for sale!!! I have mountain lions too actually about everything a hunter would want to hunt... I have several other cape Buffalo here is the face of another Like Ken said he could hunt just them I could alllllmost just sculpt them

12-Mar-19
Awesome work, Adventurewriter!

That’s also one of my favorite movies as well, with one of the all time great lines in it. When Tuco is taking a bath and the guy comes in with a gun and tells Tuco about how long he has been waiting for this day to come so he can shoot him. Tuco blasts him with his pistol that was submerged in the bath water. “When you are going to shoot......SHOOT!! Don’t talk!”

12-Mar-19
troy hahaha that is one of my favorite all time lines ever...I used it on a fellow bowsiter who had a picture of an animal he was after but never got a shot and I told him ' when its time to shoot .....shoot...don't take pictures..' another great line is "Tuco there are two kinds of people those with guns and those who dig....you dig.."

13-Mar-19
Beautiful work Ted! You are very talented.

16-Mar-19
Awesome work!!!!

• Sitka Gear