Deertick 13-Mar-19
BigOk 13-Mar-19
Bake 13-Mar-19
Bake 13-Mar-19
Forest bows 14-Mar-19
11-Mar-19

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
After watching the Elk 101 hunt where the guy stuck a Broadhead in his leg during a hunt...I looked at my kit a lil more serious and just added this! What's in yours?

11-Mar-19
Pretty sure it contains some painkillers, tape, and a needle and thread.

11-Mar-19
I always add a small tube of super glue. Works great on un expected cuts. Learned this from a Wrestling Coach many years ago.

11-Mar-19
Advil, aspirin, duct tape and superglue.

11-Mar-19
Aside from the basics I also have a tourniquet, Israeli bandage, and quick clot gauze.

11-Mar-19
I carry a large pill bottle wrapped in electric tape, a razor blade, bandaids, gaze and one time use super glue inside. I carry this on every hunt. Including short few hour deer hunts.

11-Mar-19
Bottle of JD #8 and duck tape, marvelous stuff.

11-Mar-19
always have para cord electric tape & some paper towels. my biggest concern is somehow cutting an artery. para cord & knowledge of knots could save your life. & has so many other uses as well

13-Mar-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I enjoyed this First Aid kit so much that I gave a bunch for x-mas gifts to quite a few of my outdoor enthusiast Fam and Friends

Good luck, Robb

13-Mar-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

13-Mar-19
Some blood stop powder. Blood stop gauze. A bit of regular gauze. Leukotape. A tourniquet rope. And ibuprofen.

13-Mar-19
Just saw this on LinkedIn. Will definitely do a little more research and possibly add it to the first aid kit in my pack. I'd be interested in Idlywild's opinion.

https://zipstitch.us/

13-Mar-19
Duct tape and toilet paper but I think I’ll add that. Shelf life on that?

13-Mar-19
I’m going to beef up my kit for this fall. Seeing the guy with the arrow injury shows how quickly bad things happen.

13-Mar-19
Duct tape, aspirin

13-Mar-19
I’ve experimented quite a bit ... my experience is that MOST “equipment” for first aid is something you can improvise ... but the thing you can’t improvise is knowledge. So, my current kit is duct tape and a wilderness first aid book. It’s small enough to pack, lightweight, but it works. I was surprised to hear a patient of mine say the same thing. He spends many days per year in environments far more dangerous than backcountry Wyoming. He mentioned that someone in his crew had a dislocated joint ... not knowing how to fix it, he retrieved his ... book. The expedition continued. Life-threatening events are nearly impossible to prepare for completely, but expedition-threatening events are very amenable to planning. Adding quick-clot is the one thing I’d consider, but the likelihood of needing it AND deploying it successfully is very remote. Deploying it successfully when it’s not needed, though, could be helpful, reassuring, and decrease the anxiety of an emergency, and it’s very low-risk and low-weight.

13-Mar-19
2- rolls of 2" gauzes 1- one ace bandage. All for under 5 bucks. Treats small wounds and sprains. Large wounds- put one roll in wound,wrap with second roll and cover with age bandage for pressure. Also ace bandage can serve as sling or make shift tourniquet.

13-Mar-19
Every other year or so this thread pops up. And it always makes me feel woefully underprepared.

My med kit is a roll of medical tape that has ridden in various packs of mine since 2009. It’s FAR from clean. Then I keep Aleve, flexeril, and hydrocodone. And a pain deadener eye drop, and a medicated eye drop.

That’s it.

I may die on the mountain, but hopefully I won’t have much pain or muscle tightness ;)

13-Mar-19
I forgot. Now that I’m getting older, I have also been carrying Bentyl and Ranitidine. Sucks

14-Mar-19
White athletic tape and Vicodin

• Sitka Gear