Treeline 12-Mar-19
Glunt@work 12-Mar-19
Surfbow 12-Mar-19
midwest 12-Mar-19
Dikndirt 12-Mar-19
Whip 12-Mar-19
2runghuntin 12-Mar-19
11-Mar-19
Having 24 pts..Colorado...being 65...better than average shape...seeing what the pt creep is doing...would you draw 61-76-40-or try for the north west units hoping to draw someday...I’am able to hunt full season...huntin solo...what would be some of the issues..hunting pressure-accessible-weather accessible-etc. throw out your thoughts...you can’t hurt my feelings-so let me here it...also would like to thank mtnview and kc9 for info on wy 24 last year...had a great hunt..

12-Mar-19
I haven't studied the NW units in detail but at a quick glance it looks like there are a number guys with more points that have yet to draw. Assuming they stay in the game (likely) you still have a wait ahead of you. At our age anything can happen at any time and counting on years of continued good health is a gamble. And then take a look at the reports that show how many people ahead of you are still banking points. When they think they finally have enough points to draw they will likely be pulling the trigger and jumping into the draw rather than building points forever. That could bump your wait out multiple more years. How long are you willing to wait? Again, I haven't studied it in detail but it could easily be 5 years or more. Maybe many many more. If it were me I would have used those points a long time ago. Actually, that is exactly what I did, and have already enjoyed a couple of excellent CO limited draw elk hunts. I have no regrets.

12-Mar-19
With all due respect, after 24 years of applying and less than a month out from applying I would of had a plan by now. I think any way you go you will have a great time. Good luck and post up your trophy!

12-Mar-19
I've been on 3 different hunts in 40, Boo-Coo private and it's a feed lot for summer grazing cattle into September!

What ever you decide, the best of luck and may your arrow fly true.

Good luck, Robb

12-Mar-19
A chance you wont draw 61 with 24 PPs based on 2018 stats.

76 you're in

40 in by a mile

Good luck!

12-Mar-19
Consider going with a guide in either 40 or 76. 40 has a lot of private and 76 has some big mountains that would be fun with horses. 40 has the opportunity to possibly turn up a bigger bull.

12-Mar-19
61 for a whole season would be really fun. I think a guy has a decent chance at a big bull with that much time if you hunt hard and could pass some 280-310 bulls.

12-Mar-19
At age 65? Go hunt!

12-Mar-19

12-Mar-19
I have only had experience in 61 and it was a fun hunt. Not many really big bulls [320 plus] but lots of bulls and some crazy rutting action. I would say go hunt it!!

12-Mar-19
I haven't studied it in detail but at a quick glance it looks like there are a number guys with more points that have yet to draw. Assuming they stay in the game (likely) you still have a wait ahead of you. At our age anything can happen at any time and counting on years of continued good health is a gamble. And then take a look at the reports that show how many people ahead of you are still banking points. When they think they finally have enough points to draw they will likely be pulling the trigger and jumping into the draw rather than building points forever. That could bump your wait out multiple more years. How long are you willing to wait? Again, I haven't studied it in detail but it could easily be 5 years or more. Maybe many many more. If it were me I would have used those points a long time ago. Actually, that is exactly what I did, and have already enjoyed a couple of excellent CO limited draw elk hunts. I have no regrets.

12-Mar-19
Jeff pm me again...forgot to give you my number

• Sitka Gear