Big win for conservation.

12-Mar-19
Very cool. Very!

12-Mar-19
Yuge! Thank you President Trump!

12-Mar-19
Yes .

12-Mar-19
I think this is mostly a REALLY great thing, but I had a question that I figured I would post hoping that a lawyer or someone closer to the specifics may be able to shed light on.

If I understand correctly (big if), part of this bill grants concessions to Native Alaskan Veterans (and heirs) to 160 acres of federal land. One article is read mentions there are 2,800 people eligible ... that’s 450k acres or 700 square miles (about the size of Rhode Island.

Granted Alaska’s sheer size, this is only 0.5% of total acreage in the state. Don’t get me wrong, I feel recognition of these individuals is warranted and commendable; however I hate that the federal government just lost up to 450k acres of public land (esp amid all of the masked public land transfer tactics in today’s era).

So my question ... are there limitations or restrictions under the terms of which concessions can be resold?

13-Mar-19
Well that is helpful context. Thanks Steve.

13-Mar-19
Well that is helpful context. Thanks Steve.

13-Mar-19
Having a fellow hunter like Don Jr. with access to the Whitehouse is a huge plus for us. The hunting community should take advantage of this rare opprotunity and move on other issues they have concerns about.

• Sitka Gear