Bigdan 15-Mar-19
Drnaln 15-Mar-19
M.Pauls 16-Mar-19
14-Mar-19
March 15th is the last day you can apply for a Montana combo an LE Elk tags

14-Mar-19

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
It’s also my younger daughter’s birthday. I wish you elk hunters as much luck as I’ve had on March 15th.

14-Mar-19
Thanks for the reminder Dan. Just points for me in Montana this year.

Hey Ike, bet that little cutie has Daddy wrapped around her finger! Happy birthday young lady!

14-Mar-19
Wow Ike she’s cute. Make an elk hunter out of her! An early Happy Birthday!

Good luck to all in the draw!

14-Mar-19
I am in this year after a 4 year hiatus. Quick question, I did some looking, but could not see anywhere if MT posts the stats of elk general combo tags with 0, 1 or more pref points. I recall a few years back that there would be less than 17,000 apps in the initial draw, but now that may no longer be the case. I put in with 2 pref points (1 from last year, and I was debating whether to throw in another $50, but said hell with it and did). Just wondering if enough folks are in the pref points game to really lower the odds of drawing if you only have 0 points and your only option is buying 1 with the application.

14-Mar-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
marktm250 here are the numbers your looking for. O points equals a little over 50% where successful last year

14-Mar-19
Thanks Dan! Sent you a pm.

14-Mar-19
IDYL mine was yesterday

14-Mar-19
Well Happy belated Birthday Dan!

14-Mar-19
This will be my year for the elkhorns ( if not i'll settle for my 5th point)...

14-Mar-19
Happy birthday Big Dan!

14-Mar-19
Thx, Scrappy. Interesting to see what the data looks like for this year. 1 pref point was a sure thing and 2 was overkill. But if more hunters get into the pref points, then 1 may not be a sure thing. Since you cannot bank pref points, a sure draw may only be an every other year thing if it takes 2 points.

14-Mar-19
CAN I get a limited entry elk point later this summer, without having to apply for the draw?

14-Mar-19
no the only way to get LE points is to apply

14-Mar-19
Well heck I thought you could buy a bonus point for LE in the summer just like a preference point or at least I thought I read that somewhere.

14-Mar-19
Yes, I believe it is new to Montana.

14-Mar-19
Yes you can buy one later. No need to apply in the draw and get hit with the expensive fee to get your tag refund.

14-Mar-19
Happy birthday Bigdan

14-Mar-19
You can buy a preference point for a combo but not an LE bonus point inless they changed it this year

15-Mar-19
Looking through the 2019 regs I see that on page 18 it says that you can just buy a Le bonus point between july 1st and sept 30th nonresident elk is $25. If you don't buy it when you apply for the combo license you can't buy one in the july sept time you must buy one when you apply for your combo license you can do the same for moose sheep and goat but its $75 per animal so you can save the 20% if you just do points. It is the first thing I have seen montana do right buy point only for three years then go into the LE tag with 3 points and it puts you in the 3 bonus pont pool that will get you a breaks tag and it only costs you $75 and not the hundreds it has done for years

15-Mar-19
I bought an Elk Permit Bonus Point & a Combination License Preference Point on September 29th last year. Cost me $79.46 for both of them.

16-Mar-19
I’m in this year for the ride. Happy birthday Dan

• Sitka Gear