kota-man 12-Jul-19
SaddleReaper 16-Jul-19
c5ken 16-Jul-19
SaddleReaper 23-Jul-19
SaddleReaper 25-Jul-19
15-Mar-19
Interesting...

15-Mar-19
Nick, mine was delivered a couple days ago. I’m impressed so far. The material is very quiet, and there’s no problem with one-handed operation. Having the rangefinder case right next to the bino harness sure makes it handy. The only thing I didn’t like was the rangefinder lanyard. It was a little too noisy for my liking as it slid through the attachment loop. I replaced it with the one I had...problem solved.

16-Mar-19
What is the total weight? Also can you take the range finder part and use it on your belt?

16-Mar-19
That looks like a good design that incorporates most of the good features of Kuiu but addresses the one negative.

Wyo, a couple of questions: 1) if you compress the hinge your binocs to get the ocular lenses as close together as possible, does that make it harder to get in/out one-handed (my eyes are close together and I have had that problems with the AGC and Outdoor Vision harnesses)? 2) Do the shoulder strap adjustments interfere with pack shoulder straps? 3) How hard is it to reclip the binoc straps to the shoulder straps (as in after you have unclipped them to put the binocs on a tripod)?

16-Mar-19
I wonder if a range snap used in place of the tether would attach high enough to the chest strap to replace the tether and still allow you to range uphill without running out of line and still being able to utilize the range finder compartment... I still like the idea of using my range snap even with a range finder compartment because if an animal busts you while you're ranging, it's nice to not have to fiddle with putting the range finder away when you can just let it go. With the tether, you could just let it go, but it looks like it's going to drop all the way to your waste or lower, before stopping, which is a lot of movement. With a range snap, if you have your bow handle up, the ranger finder doesn't need to go any lower than your D-Loop so letting go of the range finder and attaching your release to the string is one fluid movement.

Also, the guy in the review never pulls the binos out, puts them to his eyes, and looks up. That's a common thing to have to do in the mountains and I'd want to see that there's plenty of room on the strap that's attached to the binos to not prevent you from looking straight up. It looks like there's enough line...

16-Mar-19
I have company so don’t have time today, but I’ll try to answer your questions tomorrow afternoon. ELKMAN, you can move the rangefinder case to your belt, but it sure is handy right where it’s at.

16-Mar-19
No access to front pockets when in the open position?

17-Mar-19

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
I’ve had mine for about one month and it’s the best Bino harness I’ve used so far,, that’s including kuiu, crooked horn, badlands, and fhf.

17-Mar-19
Appears to be an ideal design. Addresses Kuiu’s biggest oversight that they refuse to address, the lack of a top strap holding the pouch. My only gripe with the Adak is they won’t sell one without the rangefinder pouch, which is absurd. I use Geovids and have no need for a rf pouch. Why not make that an option? I’d buy one tomorrow if I didn’t have to pay for something unnecessary.

17-Mar-19
Dave it doesn’t have an issue with that’s t all.. just clip the pack shoulder straps under the straps that attach to the binos. No issues at all.

17-Mar-19
And regarding the third issue Matt brought up is you could easily get snap clips used with the badlands and others on amazon for a few bucks or use them from another older Bino harness if you have one. This harness is so quiet and well made.. and I use the one hand operation all the time while bowhunting .. so nice!

17-Mar-19
"Looks intriguing but my main concern would be one of Matt's questions and you can see the problem in trkyslr's photo. It looks like the adjustment buckle and clips for the bino attachment sit right where they would interfere with pack shoulder straps."

Trkyslr has the hardware adjusted forward onto his chest which would partially alleviate the problem of interference with pack straps, but (if I am thinking about this correctly) would make Ike's concern worse. The guy in the video has all that hardware higher, more on the top of the shoulder, which would be OK by itself but looks uncomfortable when worn with a pack.

That is one thing Kuiu nailed, the over the shoulder straps are thin with no hardware so it works great under a pack.

I too have no use for a RF holder, and given the Adak may be the most expensive harness on the market ($149) it would be nice to be able to buy the bino harness alone w/o the added cost.

17-Mar-19
I feel like I’m asking a really stupid question.....but what purpose does a Bino/Rangefinder “pack” serve? I’ve always simply replaced the standard neck strap with a stretchy one for comfort and used a 1” piece of black elastic around my chest to keep the Bino’s tight to my chest and to clip my rangefinder to. I do like to keep things simple but with the popularity of these “front packs”, I’m starting to wonder what I might be missing.

17-Mar-19
Busta, does the elastic allow you to crawl without your binos hitting the ground? Also, having a cover is nice on say, an August sheep hunt when there's light rain several times a day. Having a cover allows you to take it out frequently without having to deal with eye caps which are a PIA and the first thing to go when I new binos. Also, when hiking/hunting 18 hrs a day, I can see your system being a little less comfortable.

17-Mar-19
You know what would be a great addition to this? A pistol holster on the other side of the binos, opposite the range finder.

17-Mar-19
"I feel like I’m asking a really stupid question.....but what purpose does a Bino/Rangefinder “pack” serve? I’ve always simply replaced the standard neck strap with a stretchy one for comfort and used a 1” piece of black elastic around my chest to keep the Bino’s tight to my chest and to clip my rangefinder to. I do like to keep things simple but with the popularity of these “front packs”, I’m starting to wonder what I might be missing. "

Dust and rain protection primarily. Probably faster to deploy than your system as well.

17-Mar-19
Looks like a fine bino/RF system. Seems like there are so many good ones out now and we are at a point of trying to fix a need that does not exist.

Good to have options and use what works for you!

Mark

17-Mar-19
Matt, no issue with removing/reinstalling my binoc's one-handed in the compressed position...there's ample room. I don't have any problems with strap interference on either my Tenzing Daypack or my Stone Glacier X-Frame packframe.

Ike, I have no idea what a range snap is, but I have zero issues with the KUIU rangefinder lanyard that I used as a replacement for the original. As far as glassing up, again, no issue.

My one big complaint with my KUIU harness was it constantly filled up with debris. Can't imagine that happening with the ADAK design. I agree it seems silly to not offer the bino harness and rangefinder case independently. Can't think of any logical reason as to why they don't.

17-Mar-19
Wyo, thanks. Never really thought that much of it, but the Kuiu does inexplicably fill with debris from time to time.

18-Mar-19
Not really seeing what this does differently then like 4 other harnesses already on the market. Seems like the field is getting crowded. Looks wise this thing is pretty ugly...

18-Mar-19
i just haven't understood the concept of these bulky bino "harnesses" they look more like a small backpack to me. i would burn up wearing those things around my mid section.

I use high end binoculars - but i bought them to look throught - not store in a case. If i had to peel them out of that back pack every time i wanted to take a look - it would get very old.

18-Mar-19
Any idea if they will fit large rangefinder binoculars like Leica?

18-Mar-19
Hard to beat the good ole RY and OV harnesses.

18-Mar-19
olebuck if you're sitting in a tree sand you don't need one. On an active spot and stalk or run and gun hunt you can't knock it till you've tried it. I too thought they looked like a pain in the arse until I tried one. Would never leave home without it for that style hunt. There's a reason it caught on where the acorn cruncher didn't.

18-Mar-19

wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
ADAK
ADAK
KUIU
KUIU
"I don't see how these would be any less likely to fill up with debris than the Kuiu's. The basic design is the same. The Kuiu's fill with debris when the debris hits your chest and falls into the opening between the binos and your chest. These have the same opening."

No they do not. Not even close.

18-Mar-19
Double post.

18-Mar-19
The Adak solves the only complaint I have with my Kuiu harness which is the debris. For $65 extra though I'll just shake out the pine needles. They definitely thought of everything when they made this one. If I found one on sale for under $100 I would probably change.

18-Mar-19
Take what were, IMO, the top three available previously:

FHF - nice harness design but impossibly loud (no chance on a cold and still treestand hunt) and the lid opened the wrong way.

KUIU - nice and quiet, opened the right way, but a huge oversight with the lack of the top strap to hold the pouch up. It's either let the pouch fall down and relegate it to two hand operation, or run the strap around your chest so tight that its restrictive when you need deep breaths. And the open back collects debris.

AK Guide Creations- the padded thick straps are unnecessary and add to bulk under a pack. Lid still opens the wrong way.

The ADAK is a marked improvement and takes the best of all designs, very well thought out. But then they throw in some stupid by refusing to sell it without the useless (for many of us) rangefinder pouch. On principal, I wont buy one for that reason. And man, I want one! Come on ADAK, figure it out. Make that pouch an option!

18-Mar-19
Has anyone put Outdoor visions harness up against this one? They look pretty similar in function.

18-Mar-19
Another thought here... they put the clips to remove the binos on the wrong end of the strap. The clips should be right up next to the binos. That way it’s not going to interfere with backpack straps. And, importantly, you won’t have excess strap material hanging from your glasses when they are mounted in a tripod. Even a mild breeze will cause a problem. Anyone who’s ever glasses off a tripod in the wind knows what I mean.

18-Mar-19
^^^^^^BINGO^^^^^^^. The Outdoor Vision clips are where they belong. Tight to the bino. Not up high. I imagine from looking at the features the ADAK offers, they had to do something different from the OV concept or, it would have been the exact same harness basically. Not knocking these as they look really well designed. Just sayin'. God Bless fellas

19-Mar-19
Ok, had never seen Outdoor Vision yet, but I looked them up and I think they deserve the biz I would have otherwise sent to ADAK. Yes the design looks very similar, but I like the strap design better and they will wisely sell the stinking thing without the rf pouch!

Can anyone comment on how quiet the material is? And in a YouTube vid I watched you could hear the magnets snap when the guy slammed it shut. Can you close it more slowly and silently? And does anybody use the OV harness with Leica Geovid B 10x42? They are kinda odd shaped and big. What size OV harness?

19-Mar-19
"Can anyone comment on how quiet the material is?"

It isn't.

19-Mar-19
Nate magnets are loud... remember that Tejon pig that heard mine at 50... smh ha

19-Mar-19
Dangit, you two guys just spoiled my excitement! So back to the Adak, anyone know these guys? Some one tell them to sell the thing without the RF pouch and to reverse the strap buckles!

19-Mar-19
I have the Kuiu and hate how it rides up. Bought the Outdoor visions harness last year and took it to Greenland. I love the tether but the geovids do not slide back in one handed so for that reason they are not my favorite . Has anyone tried the geovids in the Adaks?????

20-Mar-19
I watched video and looked at the Black Ovis website. Let me see if I understand this correctly. This Adak harness comes in one size and fits all binos. It is "lightweight" and also was called "ultra lightweight" in the video. And yet, nowhere is the weight listed.

Maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine, but when I hear "lightweight" or "ultra lightweight" I am expecting the manufacturer to tell us what it weighs.

20-Mar-19
The OV magnet can be loud if you let it slam hone. Like any magnet. However, it’s important to understand that unless you make it slam shut, it’s not going too. When you open it, it stays open. Who walks around with their Bino pouch open anyways? I don’t and no one else here does either. So, theoretically and in some weird hunting situations, I assume that the magnets slamming shut would spook game. I just can’t figure out how that would be a knock against the harness. If I throw my bow down and holler, that’ll scare game too. But, that ain’t my bows fault.

As Matt said, nothing mountain hunting based is what I’d call silent material. But, the OV is. Very quiet harness due to the cordura they use. Probably no more quiet then this one. But, it’s streamlibed, comfortable, fits my Bino perfectly, and would take a session of severe misuse to cost me an opportunity.

I’m not posting against this new harness. It looks like a great one. But, after trying a few of the pouch type deals, the IV is about as perfect as it gets. At half the cost. So, I’m just putting this info out there trying to help you make a decision.

Goid luck and God Bless.

20-Mar-19
I couldn't agree more...

20-Mar-19
WV, what if you removed the magnets on the OV? Would the lid still stay closed? Are the magnets even necessary?

Also, have you had any experience with the FHF and/or the Kuiu bino harnesses? Is it as loud as the FHF? As quiet as the Kuiu?

Thanks.

20-Mar-19
The Marsupial comes with 3 magnets. I took a knife and removed one and then added moleskin (adhesive felt) where the 2 magnets contact. Easy, cheap, and solved any possible noise problem.

20-Mar-19
"As Matt said, nothing mountain hunting based is what I’d call silent material. But, the OV is. Very quiet harness due to the cordura they use."

No offense, but you can't use quiet and cordura in the same sentence. That is an inherent downside of the material. Compared to the Kuiu harness, the material on the OV was much louder. Great design, just not to my taste. I'd put FHF in that same category as well due to the cordura exterior.

20-Mar-19
My FHF that was purchased when they first came out is now basically dead silent. It's been broken in, rained on, snowed on, sweated in, etc for the past 6+ years and it has molded the shape of my binos. It used to be loud, but isn't anymore. I suppose I'll use it until the straps fall off.

20-Mar-19
"Maybe it is just a pet peeve of mine, but when I hear "lightweight" or "ultra lightweight" I am expecting the manufacturer to tell us what it weighs."

There's a button on the right side of the screen to ask a question. I asked. This is the reply.

03/20/19 Q: What does it weigh? 03/20/19 A: The system (bino pack, rangefinder, harness and straps) is weighing in at 15oz

20-Mar-19
No offense taken Matt. My harness is very quiet because I don't brush against it much with other cordura. It is on my chest and if it interfered with me to that point, I'd never wear it. I do suppose you are right about Cordura not being quiet when rubbed together. But, a harness doesn't do that. So, it isn't an issue I spend one millisecond worrying about. Easy in and out with one hand. And that has also happened with whitetails from a treestand when caught off ground while glassing out and had then right behind me not knowing it.

SD, I have used a Butler Creek, Kuiu, Vortex, OV, a cheapo allen, a cabelas form fitting neoprene one, and the Rick Young ultra light.

The magnets on the OV are not an issue. They simply aren't unless you forget to put the bino's back in the harness. No one does that because they are clipped in. I can't say any more then I have as a harness is a harness to a point. Other then, if you want a big protruding case, don't buy the OV. And, don't be afraid of the magnets unless you buy a case way to large for your bino's.

20-Mar-19
WV, the one I had was covered entirely with cordura, so lid and body made noise every time I opened and closed it. I am sure the material would soften and quiet over time, but mine was on Ebay before it had a chance.

21-Mar-19
Everyone is going to have their own opinion on what they find best and most accommodating for their style of hunting. As for me, I hunt highly pressure (and when I say highly pressured, I mean probably the most pressured mule deer herd in the west)... so I place an upmost importance on quiet, ease of use with one hand, and minimized movement.

I am the designer of the Adak Bino System. You can see a short video showcasing the functionality of the harness on my instagram account @yates_in_the_backcountry . Or the video on the Black Ovis Website:

https://www.blackovis.com/adak-coyote-bino-system

The gist of the story is that like many of you on this thread, I didn’t love any of the harnesses on the market so I decided to make my own that fits my needs and style.

Back in early 2015 I created the design with my wife on our kitchen table. In 2014 I had two experiences that lead me to designing a system that would put my rangefinder on my chest. 1) I was pursuing a 180 class mule deer on our extended archery hunt in late November and got within range but couldnt get a range because I had been carrying my rangefinder in a crooked horn range finder pouch that left the optic open to accumulated snow. Trying to get the snow out of the optic, the deer caught my movement and busted. 2) The final days of our extended archery elk hunt I was in range of a 5x6 bull that was meandering through oak brush. I ranged the spot I thought he'd come through and set my rangefinder down on the snow. it then slide down the hillside on the snow crust... the bull ended up coming further back than I thought and I guessed the range and shot low. So after these two heartbreaking experiences at the very end of season following several other Mishaps earlier that year and years before, I committed to inventing something new for me, myself, to use to solve this problem.

Fast forward to 2015 I had a working system put together that I used for the 2015 hunting season. I was presented two opportunities where having my range finder on my chest made all the difference. I killed a brute of a 35" wide 3x4 buck on a general archery unit in an extremely quick ambush setting where I barely had enough time to range and execute a shot and I killed a 330 class otc archery bull in an ambush situation that was much the same. Both times if my rangefinder wasnt immediately accessible with one hand (and quiet) I wouldnt have killed.

That winter I took the design and concept to my friend and industry juggernaut and he was super excited to partner up and help me refine my design and get it manufactured. We started working with a professional seamstress/prototype to fine tune my design and implement a more robust sewing method than I had previously used. The prototyper took my design and refined it. My friend in the meantime worked with his fabric connections to fine tune the perfect fabric. Key was dead silence. He visited several ridiculously big warehouses of fabric and he couldn’t find the right one, so we built a new fabric from the ground up. It’s a dwr treated woven polyester nylon blend with a bonded fleece backer. The very first thing you will notice is how incredibly soft and quiet the fabric is to the touch. It literally doesn’t make noise as you scratch at it with your finger nail. We hit the fabric out of the park. Its perfect for this application.

The perfect design and sewing method we iterated on for almost 3 years. My closest friends and I have been running various prototypes of the system since 2015. It took 3 years because We agreed that we wanted to release in our minds the perfect optics harness solution. We iterated to fine to the smallest of details and fully evaluate the durability of the system.

The bare system is a minimalist design with a very robust wing system that allows for modularity to add accessory pockets for the guys who want to carry more on their chest rig.

The first pouch we implemented was the range finder pouch as noted above. Right now the system is sold with both the rangerfinder pouch and bino pouch together. Future pockets to be release are a general zipper pocket to hold phone, and various accessories, radio specific attachment, bear spray, and potentially a side arm attachment. The system is brand new and we are just getting our fit under us from manufacturing. It will all eventually be sold a la cart.

The reason for the buckles riding up higher on the up straps is to eliminate any plastic on plastic tapping (read noisy tapping) and hard plastic clanking loudly on binos as you bull them out. This harness takes every precaution to preventing sound possible. There are no hard plastic pieces to come in contact with any piece on your pack sternum strap or optic. If this doesn’t bother you then run the tethers lower down closer to your optics. Don’t be afraid to pull out some scissors and trim those straps up to fit your needs guys. This is what led me to create the design in the first place. Modifying stuff to make it work for me. I trim straps, sew in shorter segments by hand (thread and needle by hand). The sky is the limit on how you can fine tune a system if you are willing to do a little minor modification.

21-Mar-19
I am a backpack hunting fanatic and I have run this system for three years with the hardware for the bino tether attachment up higher than even pictured. It sits on the inside of the pack strap between the pack strap and neck and doesn’t interfere with the pack shoulder strap. I run a Kifaru pack to be specific.

Visit my Instagram yates_in_the_backcountry to see tons of photos with the harness on with a pack on. Most of the time I’m running my own personal prototype made out of a subalpine.

You will be amazed at how truly one hand operational and quiet the system is. You didn’t know that your chest rig was loud until you’ve tried the adak. It’s a stealthy bowhunters dream come true.

No magnets, no loud scratchy fabric, no loud plastic piece tapping on stuff... etc.

21-Mar-19
Good explanations. Congratulations on taking an idea and seeing it through to actual commercial production. I'm no fan of binocular harnesses, having owned 3 and disliking every one of them. That's mainly because I'm a minimalist when it comes to externalized gear. It matters too that my go-everywhere glass is a 10x32 which instantly renders most harness pouches as too large. I also don't own or use a rangefinder, which of course makes me an oddball in today's world of bowhunting. I keep watching for that perfect minimalistic harness which will be the right size for my glass. I'm not overly optimistic about ever seeing it, but then again it's not a piece of gear which will make or break my success on a hunt.

21-Mar-19
Threads like this display the passion we have as bow hunters and our gear. Love the back and forth discussion will help be decide on which direction to go!

21-Mar-19
Great response James. Thanks for that. Looks to be a quality product that addresses problems the the brands.

21-Mar-19
Thank you for the explanation James. Also, it looks like the weight was added to the tech specs on the BO website. Thanks for that too.

21-Mar-19
Wish I hadn't just bought the Alaska Guide harness. I like everything about it except the opening. One thing I would like to see is reversing the buckles attached to the binos on one side, so you can easily make a short loop for hanging them. I often like to take them off when in a blind or on stand.

21-Mar-19
James, excellent response. Sell me one without the RF pouch and I'll buy one right now. I'll actually buy 2.

Why wait to sell a la carte? It's not like the two pouches are manufactured as one piece and you need to figure out how to separate them.

21-Mar-19
Looks like a pretty good option. I do wish the logo was a little smaller and less "look at me"

21-Mar-19
This has always been a beef with me on all my hunting products TheTone. I just take a sharpie and color in the bright logos. I'm a bowhunter. I don't need a big patch of FloOrange on my chest. I'm probably going to get one of these new harnesses and I'll do my own artwork on it to make it slightly camo and break up its outline.

To the designer, thanks for coming here and explaining all that. Looks like you've got a good product. I also look forward to seeing the upcoming additions.

If you add a pistol holster, consider having it face with the magazine facing forward. This would allow for easy deployment and save width. A pistol facing sideways, binos, and RF case would start to get pretty wide for some of us skinny guys.

Obviously the forward sitting magazine would cause string contact issues, so the pistol would need to sit on the draw arm side, not the bow arm side.

Lastly, it could be as simple as just a leather strap that fit snug across the side that a plastic belt holster could be slid into and cut to size. This would have the advantage of being able to be removed from the harness and put on the belt and visa versa, if desired.

22-Mar-19

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Amazing! The harness did it’s job... used the binos and rangefinder in the spot and stalk of this boar kill with no issues. And he did not hear the pouches at 25 yards. :-)

22-Mar-19
They can’t see but they can hear like them imo.

22-Mar-19
Pigs have excellent hearing! Only time that really doesn't apply is when a group of em is all rooting around noisily, then you can get away with some minor natural noises (twig or leaf crunch, etc). But if it's still, or a solo pig, or an unnatural noise (Velcro, magnets, zipper, metal, etc. You've got no chance to make a noise error.

22-Mar-19
Thanks Nate for the accurate knowledge and explanation.

I almost thought this site was back to a “good” normal then more negative and stupid uneducated comments show up to ruin that. Smh

24-Mar-19
FYI - Nate, and others. No, the Outdoor Vision is NOT cordura. It is a tweave, which is much more expensive and far quieter than cordura. Specifically chosen for this purpose.

24-Mar-19
Well, there you go. That might be why mine is so quiet then.

In Matt and everyone else's defense, I contributed to that misunderstanding even though I was in support of the OV harness. I personally did not know that and apologize for spreading misinformation about the material used by OV.

Nate, if you are still trying to decide, shoot me your address. I'll mail you my OV harness to try out and see if you like it. Just send it back when you are done. Let me know. God Bless men

16-Apr-19

BullettoBow's Link
I have the new Adak harness and I really like it. It fully protects your binos, it does not have zippers, snaps, magnets, etc. and it opens easily away from your body as opposed to toward your body, making it easier to use with one hand while holding a rifle or bow. The guys at www.eaglecapoutdoors.com recently reviewed bino harnesses (though the Adak was not released at that time) and their youtube page has a couple videos related to the Adak harness.

17-Apr-19

midwest's Link
South Cox is working on a new bino harness design. Knowing the kind of freak he is about keeping everything silent, this should be interesting. He talks about it a little on his latest podcast with Aron Snyder on Kifarucast.

20-Apr-19
Pigs have INCREDIBLE hearing. Not sure what that's about...

05-Jul-19
You can get this bad boy on Camofire for $99 now for those interested.

09-Jul-19
SO-an entire bino harness thread without any comments from KOTA?! How on earth did that happen?! :-)

09-Jul-19
Believe it or not, I’ve never used this Harness... ;). I agree with the comments above stating that the market is getting to be flooded with really good harnesses. And the new Sitka Harness has really grown on me.

09-Jul-19
I don't believe it.

11-Jul-19
Hi everybody, Does anybody try smart binoculars? Binocular with night vision function, with phone connection something like this, for example, this one - https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-binoculars I want to buy but don't know if it is good to use.... please help!

12-Jul-19
I have the geovids range finders and wonder for those using the Sitka binos what size did you get and do they fit good in there ? Like easy in and out with one hand

12-Jul-19
Large size Sitka for the Geovid. They fit great in a large with easy in/out.

16-Jul-19
I scooped one up from camofire. Will post some findings once I get it... timing will be perfect as my new MeoStar 10x42s and 15x56s are showing up tomorrow! The 15x56s shouldn't fit according to the loosely defined size specs. though, but the 10x42s should.

16-Jul-19
All Black without the rangefinder pocket... I'll take one.

23-Jul-19

25-Jul-19
Ohiohunter

I agree with you. I got one off camofire but returned it for a couple reasons. Ironically as I was debating whether or not to send it back, the new KUIU launched and it seems to address every qualm I had with the design of the ADAK.

1) The structure about the perimeter of the pouch, being stiffer plastic, really should be form-able (KUIU read my mind there!)... my Meoptas are "tall" when the hinge is set to my eyes, and I don't want to have to flatten them to insert into the pouch each time. Otherwise it becomes almost a 2 hand operation to jam them in. One other down side to the Meoptas is the rubber is really tacky and grabs the material lining the ADAK. I do like the ADAK material choices though. 2) The structure at the top of the lid was also an area where a form-able surface would have been nice- although I suspect it can be formed much like a hat brim by bending it, I didn't since I planned to return mine. 3) I agree with your assessment of the pockets/ lack of. This makes no sense to me.... it would have taken hardly any material to add a back pocket or pocket underneath... let alone raise the edge of the side pockets up 3/4 - 1".

Overall its a very nice harness with seemingly excellent quality of build. I'm sure it will suit many users well, and as far I can tell is probably one of the top harnesses on the market..But for me there are just a few design "flaws" or things I would want to modify to make it better in my mind.

• Sitka Gear