jdee 13-Jun-19
longbeard 14-Jun-19
Timbrhuntr 14-Jun-19
Boris 21-Jul-19
16-Mar-19

DL's Link
Talk about starting to strut early.

16-Mar-19
Went sand bass fishing this morning and seen around 6 birds all fanned out where hay was being fed in Blaine county ok.

16-Mar-19

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Certainly are here on Long Island.

16-Mar-19
I have seen them strut in the middle of January here in NY ecsp older birds who think they are the boss all the time. Shawn

16-Mar-19
I was going to say, they’ll strut all year long given the chance...Least around here!

16-Mar-19
When I lived in Minneapolis, they fed under my bird feeder daily. I saw them strutting in a January.

17-Mar-19
Lol, did nobody click the link?? Yes, very early indeed.

17-Mar-19
AZ.....I did. Pretty cool! Hard to tell it was a gobble, but they were definitely trying.

17-Mar-19
Turkeys where I've spent time usually hang out in giant flocks through the winter. There is a lot of "turkey chattering", strutting, and dominance stuff going on all winter long. Large turkey flocks tend to start breaking up in the next month or so and disperse across the country. Some may stay in the same winter areas while others may move long distance. Toms generally split up with smaller hen groups when this happens and continue strutting through May. With that said, I really don't think there is such a thing as starting to strut early?

17-Mar-19
Cracks me up no one watches the clip and continues to post! Funny video though!

17-Mar-19
Maybe this will help...pretty cool

17-Mar-19
Yep those little ones. I always thought it was testosterone that caused them to strut and carry on.

18-Mar-19
Turkeys will strut year around. I’ve seen them strut in the fall.

18-Mar-19
That’s cool. Thanks for posting.

18-Mar-19

Jethro's embedded Photo
Jethro's embedded Photo
The video is neat. Don't get to see that every day.

As for the grown ups strutting around already. Here is a gobbler that had his early strutting pay off with a score. Last week, NE PA.

13-Jun-19
Talk about late. Was driving around in N.E. Ohio and N.W. Pa. today. the birds where in the fields an gobbling and strutting. WOW, middle of June.

13-Jun-19

jdee's embedded Photo
jdee's embedded Photo
Just today I looked out and these gobblers were out there following some hens and gobbling at every sound they heard...NM

14-Jun-19

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
Saw this guy strutting this past weekend. Yes definitely late probably because many hens lost their nests due to the bad weather and are now receptive again.

14-Jun-19
Not sure its just a renesting thing . I watched a tom strut at the edge of field middle of june last year. He was strutting for a hen that was sitting on a nest full of eggs just inside the woods. Poor guy stutted all morning !! Last week saw 5 toms and 6 jakes together and the boss was strutting and gobbling non-stop to intimidate his buddies !

21-Jul-19
Saw 6 big birds strutting in Ohio/Pa line yesterday.

• Sitka Gear