Jim Moore 24-Mar-19
Bowgeezer 11-Aug-19
MichaelArnette 11-Aug-19
deadhead4 11-Aug-19
Lost Arra 11-Aug-19
Tonybear61 11-Aug-19
GF 13-Aug-19
17-Mar-19
So I am pretty much consumed with my new tad bow. Does anyone have suggestions on good books of guys hunting with one? Not necessarily how to books but story types. Thanks

17-Mar-19
Don Thomas has some good books with trad bowhunting stories, as does TJ Conrads - I think they are listed in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine, which you should consider subscribing to (probably can order them from the TBM web site also). Monty Browning has a GREAT book full of such stories, as do Mike Mitten and the Wensels (check them out along with their videos on Brothers of the bow website). Some classics are the four books written by Jay Massey, Bows of the Little Delta by Glen St Charles and The Witchery of Archery by the Thomson Brothers. Whitetail Magic by Rogar Rothhaar is still available too, I understand, from his son Ryan.

17-Mar-19
Anything by Don Thomas and the Wensel brothers is good reading.

17-Mar-19
Sagittarius By Swineheart Hill has a few Fred Bear also has a few

Then for just trad bow info it’s hard to beat Fred Asbells books on shooting and hunting

17-Mar-19

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
I enjoy Asbell's writing more than anyone's.

17-Mar-19
I have no advice concerning books about trad bow hunting. However, I will say in order to be the best you can be, watch Tom Clum's instructional video's. They are a game changer man.

17-Mar-19
Hunting With The Bow and Arrow - Saxton Pope

17-Mar-19
I have thoroughly enjoyed Mike Mitten's book "One with the Wilderness", also G. Fred Asbell's book "Stalking & Still-Hunting".

17-Mar-19
Bowhunting...A Passion for Life by Monty Browning is excellent I'm reading it now.

17-Mar-19
Take this for what it's worth... I won't say stay away from books or input as they are priceless but......forge your own path and figure out what works for you. The reality is, there are a ton of books and ideas that have worked for those who are writing the books. They proved best practices for them thefore they should work for you but....that's not always the case Aim small, be consistent and shoot lots of arrows and the rest will fall into place.

17-Mar-19
Jim Dougherty, Trails End.

17-Mar-19
Fred Bear’s Field Notes, Trailing a Bear by Robert S. Munger, and Fred Bear, The Biography of an Outdoorsman, by Charles Kroll.

17-Mar-19
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I definitely will be ordering mike’s book. I have definitely been shooting the heck out of it and plan to continue and make my own memories as well. Just wanna get some good hunting books really. After just a few weeks I honestly don’t even want to pick up my compound lol. Nothing against them at all just saying.

17-Mar-19
David Peterson has couple of good ones about elk hunting with the stickbow,"A Man Made of Elk" and "Elkheart" were both fun reads.

17-Mar-19
Love everything by Thomas, Rothhaar and Wensel.

The Double Helix, Whitetail Magic and Buckskin and Bone are among my favorites:)

18-Mar-19
Many good books mentioned, Bows of the Little Delta Is my all time favorite read. Almost feels like you were with them. I'll Howard Hill 'Hunting the hard way'.

18-Mar-19
I just ordered several more copies of Whitetail Magic from Ryan Rothhaar to give to my friends and donate at an upcoming PBS gathering/shoot. I like to read that book every year or two, it is that good if you love bowhunting big whitetails! PM me if you want Ryan's address and ordering info.

18-Mar-19
Surprised nobody has said “Bows on the Little Delta”. One of my favorites.

18-Mar-19
Take a look at 3 Rivers Archery. They're a traditional archery supply store with tons of books and videos.

19-Mar-19
Tree line.....“Bows on the Little Delta” has been mentioned twice. Yes, one of my favorites also.....in fact, bought it years ago at Glenn St. Charles archery shop in Seattle when the P&Y museum was still there. He even autographed it for me.

19-Mar-19
Dang! Missed it skimming thru but definitely one of my favorites!

19-Mar-19
1000 Campfires and Bow Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers - Both by Massey and both are really good! Best of luck finding 1000 Campfires though, I had to borrow it last fall from the father of a gal I dated back in High School.

19-Mar-19
Hunting with the Bow and Arrow by Saxton Pope, Ishi in Two Worlds Buckskin and Bone-Gene Wensel- Once Upon a Tine-Barry Wensel- One with the Wilderness- Mike Mitten- Bowhunting Alaska's Rivers-Jay Massey- 1000 Campfires-Jay Massey- Come November-Gene Wensel- A Man Made of Elk-David Peterson- Witchery of Archery-Maurice Thompson- Bowyers Craft-Jay Massey- Longbow Country-E. Donnall Thomas Jr.- Have Bow, Will Travel-E. Donnall Thomas Jr.- Longbow, A Hunting Life-Jay Campbell- Going Trad-David Peterson- Elkheart-David Petersen- Heartsblood-David Petersen- Toxicated-Fred Anderson- Just Another Old Bowhunter-Tom Kidwell- My Neck of the Woods-Bryce Lambley- Bowhunting: A Passion for Life-Monty Browning-

19-Mar-19
Bush Pilot Bowman by David Bickish

19-Mar-19
Jay Massey

21-Mar-19
Nick, some of those classics you listed can be found if you look; just last month there was a complete set of 4 Jay Massey books, one Sagittarius, a set of 4 Alaska Bowman magazines and maybe a couple more trad classics up for auction on a trad bowhunting site. I snagged a couple good ones for my library

21-Mar-19
This is the masterpiece.

21-Mar-19
I agree Kevin, a must-read!

Another great one is The Best of TBM.

21-Mar-19
Bowhunting Alaskas Wild Rivers by Jay Massey

21-Mar-19
I was going to list several to suit your needs, but they have all been posted. Monty Browning, G. Fred Asbell, Jay Massey.

Use Nick Mulche and Kevin Dill's List.

22-Mar-19
Wow! Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! Looks like there are plenty out there to fit my wants lol

24-Mar-19
Hunting the Hard Way by Howard Hill. Mostly because my dad has a chapter in there about a mule deer hunt he took Howard on. Call me biased...lol.

11-Aug-19
“Silvertip” The life and adventures of Paul Schafer, masterbow-hunter and bowyer.

This book is a great read about the incredible life of Paul Schafer and his many achievements.

http://www.schafersilvertipbows.com/bookstore/kyxbp2yuqcqa9yf9g0li9mhqiwccng

11-Aug-19
Anything by the Wensel brothers

11-Aug-19
Winds of Change by Jim Chinn

11-Aug-19
Hunting the Osage Bow by the late Dean Torges. I'm biased. I enjoy building osage selfbows and I owned a redbone coonhound (she died at 14), which were both passions of Dean. Dean discussed hounds with me with the same enthusiasm as working yellow wood. But you do not have to ever build a bow to enjoy this book.

11-Aug-19
Witchery of Archery by Thompson Brothers

Zen in Archery

13-Aug-19
“Hunting With The Bow and Arrow - Saxton Pope”

If that one doesn’t get you hooked, nothing on this earth ever will…

• Sitka Gear