elkstabber 16-Apr-19
Treeline 17-Apr-19
osage 17-Apr-19
Treeline 17-Apr-19
osage 17-Apr-19
18-Mar-19
Got my Nevada stuff done today new system not as easy as before

19-Mar-19
I actually got charged on my card for a new license... and havent been on their site yet this year. I have a call into them as to why

19-Mar-19
The system said my 2018 license is good for 3 more days but I was able to add my 2019 license to the cart. When I tried adding the individual species it kept telling me I already applied for that and wouldn't let me proceed. Guess I'll wait till my 2018 license runs out and try it again? Anyone else having same issue?

19-Mar-19
Good luck! Back in the elk draw with 1 pt beneath my belt. Confident I'll draw. Lol!

19-Mar-19
PA- They pulled a fast one apparently last year (or else I accidentally signed up for annual renewal like you). I got an email about a week ago saying I am signed up for automatic repurchase of a license every year unless I went into their system and changed that status.

19-Mar-19
I guess the same thing happened to me. I got a license, but I didn't buy one. It worked out, as I applied today.

I AM hoping I draw these tags.

I'm disappointed they changed their system. Maybe to optimize it for mobile users? I thought their old system was one of the best out there, and very intuitive. This one was a little bit of a pain. But it worked okay

19-Mar-19
I got the same email that said I was signed up for auto renewal. Pretty sure I didn't sign up for that last year since that is one of the things I really dislike that companies do. I went in and turned auto renew off.

19-Mar-19
it told me several times that I applied but I just keeped applying

19-Mar-19
Thanks for the heads up, I turned my auto renewal off. That pisses me off. I also hate how the log in link on the main fish and game site takes me to some Volunteer log in portal....then I have to go searching for the third party site to apply.

19-Mar-19
I actually had to call NDOW today because I had several questions.

First off if you didn’t get the auto renew option then you have to buy your 2019 license. You can’t apply until you do.

The next thing was the message that “you can’t apply because you already applied”, basically means nothing. Just continue to go through the process and it will let you apply. I guess NDOW is asking the company to remove that message as they are getting blown up with questions about it.

I hope this helps good luck everyone!

20-Mar-19
Thanks for the info Dan and Travis. Guess I wasn't persistent enough.

20-Mar-19
Did my party mule deer today in Nevada it does not give you your party number intel you do your payment

20-Mar-19

15-Apr-19
Well that was a quick $317.00 all said and applied.

Good luck, Robb

15-Apr-19
I love NV because they have so many amazing tags available to NRs. But this was the first year I didn’t put in for the Silver State tags after looking at the odds for the first time. 1 in 6000? Great tags, but I’ll pass. There’s better lotteries.

15-Apr-19
Thanks Idyll. I bought a Silver State draw chance and now wish I hadn't.

Did anybody else notice that now NV wants us to auto-renew? Just like UT? (Keep in mind that the same contractor handles both states)

15-Apr-19
yep....at least they sent me an email the day before to let me know they were going to auto renew when my license expired.

15-Apr-19
"(Keep in mind that the same contractor handles both states) "

Well, actually, that's not true.

NV switched to a different company last year and is no longer using the same firm UT uses.

16-Apr-19
+1 it was nice to get the email reminder of the Auto Renewal option. Before they did charge it...

Good luck, Robb

16-Apr-19
I am in for Nevada as always ....keep in mind that your auto renew will turn on with each license purchase unless you opt out each time. There will be a check box below your license in the cart, uncheck auto renew. I opted out last year and this year with the current license it out back on auto renew and I had to opt out again. Other then that the application and website was excellent. Very easy and straight forward. Kudos to them.

16-Apr-19
Thanks for the correction NvaGvUp. I didn't notice that they'd changed. It is interesting how both UT and NV have a lot of similarities. They are the only two states that have "auto-renew" and they are both really tough draws for NRs.

17-Apr-19
Got in for NV.

The auto renew is not too bad since I plan to apply there till I draw all the species that I have been putting in for and might keep playing after drawing a few tags anyways.

Maybe this will be the year! 18 going in for desert and California sheep is starting to pile up.

Held off and only bought points for elk, deer and antelope with 16 to 18 for those critters. Might be looking to burn some elk points next year:-)

Montana is next!

17-Apr-19
I didn't apply for two years and they scrubbed my points.

17-Apr-19
That stinks, osage!

Hell, nice thing is that you still have a chance in NV even at 0 points.

Good luck!

17-Apr-19
Yep, and there are some absolutely HUGE bucks in Nevada. I saw one 36" or so wide a few years ago. I called the Biologist and ask him if I was seeing things. He said no, there were some approaching 42" in the same area. Bull elk tags are $1200 NR so that's a no go. Cow tags are much more reasonable and I don't mount anything nowadays. Another thing is that I rarely see another hunter during archery season. You have the coyotes, rattlesnakes and spirits of your ancestors for company and that's about it.

• Sitka Gear