Bake 22-Mar-19
Bake 22-Mar-19
Franzen 23-Mar-19
PushCoArcher 23-Mar-19
elkmo 23-Mar-19
SBH 23-Mar-19
SBH 23-Mar-19
22-Mar-19
Curious what people budget or spend yearly on draws. If you're brave enough to publicize it lol.

22-Mar-19
I only buy points in Wyo at this time, so 250$ I think Going to get into AZ also here soon

22-Mar-19
I won't add it up.... Alaska, AZ, Idaho, Montana, WY, Nevada, Utah, NM, CO, Iowa, Maine, KY, and place a to remain nameless.

22-Mar-19
I'm not entirely sure either, seems like every year things get more expensive (see CO), and my son is now old enough to get points in all states. I am guessing $500-$750. Mostly for points, application fees, and licenses needed for points.

22-Mar-19
I think I'm probably around $1,000 per year. Roughly $500-600 in necessary licenses and fees, plus one $400-500 tag. Not a cheap hobby.

22-Mar-19
$1100 non refundable. Gave up a good deer lease 15 years ago and put the money toward everything I wanted to hunt in the west. Have drawn some good tags in that time but am goin to really start getting into some top end hunts soon

22-Mar-19
Somewhere around $500 for 5 elk states and 2 antelope and 2 mule deer points. The Colorado moose point hurt this year so after you add that I’m all in for less than $700 and no tags yet. SMH Probably going to cash in the moose points on a cow.

22-Mar-19
I am likely between $1000-1500 for the year. I don’t add it up because I don’t want to know. I don’t gamble so this is my gambling fund for the year :)

22-Mar-19
AK, UT, AZ, WY, CO- but I won't buy the Weighted points, and NV-the hardest one for me since I don't hunt it and the odds are long, but it has the most sheep tags... It does get expensive adding kids into the mix, but they won't have a chance if I don't start it now. We have drawn enough good tags to keep at it- elk, sheep, goat, deer....

22-Mar-19
The kids thing is big if they ever want to be in the running for any good tags. Point creep is getting out of control with no relief in sight. Co, Wy, Az and Utah can be had for about $175 per kid per year for deer elk and antelope. By the time thier out of high school, they’ll have 6+ points in each state

22-Mar-19
I will get a lot of it back, but applying for MT, WY, AZ, NM, UT, and CO runs me about $7k. If I ever hit the jackpot and drew everything it would be an awesome, but expensive year.

22-Mar-19
I apply in WY, CO, UT, AZ and IA. Alaska every once in awhile. I spend probably $2k or less. I mostly build points in some states. I should be drawing some good tags soon.

22-Mar-19
I’m only in the “game” in Arizona, Nevada, and try my luck in Idaho. I’ve started finding more and more reason to use funds at towards hunts I could share with friends.

22-Mar-19
Used to be right around $20000.00 but now that most states don’t charge full license fee probably around $15000.00

22-Mar-19
To many zeros?

Or is there a landowner tag included?

22-Mar-19
It all depends on how you define "budget". There are the non refundable application fees, which do add up. I spend well over $2K on non-refundable fees each year.

If you look at the money some states require you to pay up front, it isn't hard to rack up $30K on the credit card. Of course most of this comes back when you don't draw, but it still is a large chunk of change to "float", or pay interest on for a month or two. While I may not want to count those fees in the "budget", it seems my wife does! Bill

22-Mar-19
No landowner tags. I apply for almost every tag available. Quick count of min 20 states. Granted some states only cost $25.00 to enter, others still hammer you.

22-Mar-19
Under $100 for 6 species. Dropped out of applying in other states for a while. The whole western draw situation disappoints me so I have been concentrating on hunting my home state and some otc stuff in neighboring states.

22-Mar-19
I’ve never counted it because I didn’t want to know. I just did a quick calculate and got to $1350 nonrefundable fees. That might be a hair low. Then I always buy some raffles and stuff. Probably spend another 400-500 a year in raffles.

22-Mar-19
The good news about that is you can spread it out over 5-6 months. That’s nice

23-Mar-19
Same response as Glunt, except for probably less than $50 going forward. $5 for IL bobcat and maybe a single app. fee out-of-state. If not lucky, hunt OTC or just stay home.

23-Mar-19
Last year I spent just under $800 in non refundable fees (app fee, points, required licenses and stamps) not including the price of any license drawn. I apply or buy preference points in NM, CO, WY, SD, TX, and OK. Probably couple hundred more in raffle tags.

23-Mar-19
Going down now. In points purge mode, happy with my experiences, fortunate to get in prior to the spike in demand and costs.. Now it's a premium tag or nothing in just a few states.

23-Mar-19
Thats a great question. I just added up what I was spending the last couple years and realized....I could go on an out of state hunt every few years for the same cost as I'm paying for points. I'm gonna rethink this deal.......

23-Mar-19
Although, I'm a couple years out from the deer tag I want in WYO so I'll finish that up and those points are cheap, don't have to buy a license. AZ you have to buy a license but I plan on hunting down there every Jan anyways so those points are cheap too. Maybe I'll just revise my strategy:)

• Sitka Gear