Jesus'Hogskinner 21-Jun-19
boothill 22-Jun-19
24-Mar-19

Family Man's embedded Photo
Hannah and her boar mount!
Hannah and her boar mount!
The beautiful sky headed into camp! It was 70+ degrees!
The beautiful sky headed into camp! It was 70+ degrees!
Just kicked off our 5th Shiloh Ranch trip as a family! We started off by picking up Hannah's boar mount from our last trip (over Christmas break 2018). It looked awesome! There was a beautiful sky waiting for us as we headed into camp! Orientation in the AM and then the hogs should be getting a little nervous! Ben, our 14 yr old son, took 5 last trip. We brought the chest freezer and plan to do all we can to fill it!

25-Mar-19
Great looking mount. Good luck and look forward to your posts.

25-Mar-19
Great looking mount! Family in the woods hunting together man it don’t get much better. Be safe have fun and keep us posted!

25-Mar-19

Hannah's 1st hog!
Hannah's 1st hog!
Ben's 1st ram!
Ben's 1st ram!
As I was waiting for the sun to rise, I was flipping back to our first trip to Shiloh. It was Spring Break of 2015 and we came here based upon a recommendation from Mike N. Hannah and Ben would have been 12 & 10 respectively. This was our first night's hunt results from that first trip!

25-Mar-19
Good luck on your family hunt. Nice looking mount.

25-Mar-19
Awesome! Might get a chance to say hello Thursday. Best of luck!

25-Mar-19
That's a great looking mount. Where did you have that done?

25-Mar-19
Kenny Booth of Daybreak Taxidermy. He has done a few rams and this hog for us. He's done a great job and is a great guy!

25-Mar-19
Awesome stuff! Nothing better than sharing time in the woods with your kids! Congrats!

25-Mar-19
Looking forward to the report, are you guys staying in new house above camp?

25-Mar-19

My hog - the first harvest of the trip!
My hog - the first harvest of the trip!
KSBOW- Yes, we are staying at the new place. It's an awesome upgrade! Much quieter than the other house as it is set back off the road.

We hunted 3,4 & 6 tonight. Hannah and Christy (my wife) were at 6 and she had hogs around (some in close range), but couldn't get a shot. Ben was at 3 and had hogs around as well, but none within shooting range. I drew first blood with a nice mature sow at #4.

26-Mar-19
Congrats. Good luck today.

26-Mar-19
Tough morning hunt. I was in 7, the girls in 6 and Ben in 1A. I had one small hog come in. Chose not to shoot. Plenty of deer around all of us. The turkeys were gobbling and it was a beautiful sunrise! Hoping to put a little more pork on the ground later tonight!

26-Mar-19
Congrats on the sow!

26-Mar-19
Nice work so far this evening will be better, good luck!!!

26-Mar-19

Ben's first "solo" hog!
Ben's first "solo" hog!
Had an OK evening. Winds shifted today, so Christy & Hannah sat #5 (close to camp), Ben took 1A and I did 5A. Not much happening until an hour before dark. Ben took a decent boar (his first "solo" hog)! I saw a few, but they were NERVOUS & had no shot. Hannah and Christy had 2 hogs move through, but they never even stopped. We'll give it all we have in the AM. Matt, Cheryl & Les warned us that the hogs have been seeing a lot of pressure and, so far, that has held up....

27-Mar-19
Good job Ben. Nothing like doing it all on your own. I hope they show up for you this morning.

27-Mar-19
Good for you.....pigs coming in and getting put down. Fantastic....the kids are having the times of their lives.

27-Mar-19

My morning hog!
My morning hog!
Had a better morning! Ben and I both saw a number of hogs. I was in #7 and he was in #2. Christy walked all the way to #4, but didn't see any hogs. I harvested the biggest of the 2 that came in on me (by the grace of God). It swung around right as I shot and the arrow went behind the shoulder and out the neck. I recovered the arrow in tact 15 yards from where it expired (~80 yards away). Ben and Les jumped his hog twice while tracking. So we're up to 3 in the freezer and one not recovered. Hoping for a strong finish tonight!

27-Mar-19
Porkapalooza hunters- We'll be in the newly remodeled guest house until around 10AM tomorrow if you are around and want to stop by! We'd be happy to meet a few of you in person before we head back to Indiana!

27-Mar-19
Hey David, i’ll Try to stop by before you leave. Good luck tonight. Congrats on the hogs.

27-Mar-19

Ben's final hog of the trip!
Ben's final hog of the trip!
Tonight, I hunted #4, Ben hunted #2 and the girls hunted 1A. Ben was the only person fortunate enough to get a shot on a hog. So we ended up with 4 hogs and one that we didn't recover. Les was extremely helpful and we ate dinner as a family every night- a pretty rare event with a busy household! Matt & Cheryl do a great job with Shiloh and we're blessed to have been able to visit 5 times over the past 4 years!

28-Mar-19
Outstanding. Congratulations on a great family hunt.

28-Mar-19
CONGRATS

28-Mar-19
Looks like great fun. Shiloh Ranch what a great place to strengthen those family ties. Congrats to all. Travel safe going home.

30-Mar-19
Dave, it was good to see you and your family again. We consider it a privilege to have been a part of your family vacation for the past several years. Life changes in an instant and it sure seems like that has happened over the past 12 months for all of us! I hope college doesn't keep you all out of the field too much, but I know that it will be worth the sacrifice in the long run. Matt and Cheryl

12-Jun-19
Love to see the family hunting congratulations

12-Jun-19
Love to see the family hunting congratulations

12-Jun-19
Looks like a great time, congratulations on your successes!

21-Jun-19
Just figured out how to navigate this place. Well sorta. I love these folks alot always a hoot. One of my first group's I was blessed to serve. Can't wait to see you guys again.

22-Jun-19
Les “AKA” Country... Good to see you posting up on bowsite buddy.

• Sitka Gear