elkstabber 29-Mar-19
Z Barebow 29-Mar-19
fishnride 29-Mar-19
Treeline 29-Mar-19
WV Mountaineer 30-Mar-19
elkstabber 01-Apr-19
25-Mar-19

Cazador's Link
I don't have Facebook but I know many here do. Thought I'd get this out there. Looks like they are having a "Wolf Meeting" up at the Horse and Dragon Brewing Company in Fort Collins. Maybe a couple guys from up there can attend.

Attached is their Facebook page. A couple items to note.

1. How many meetings they've had since last year i.e organization.

2. You have to hand it to them on the video (mute by default) about the missing cry of the wolf. Note the recurve bow and arrow combination!

I can't help but think how incredible our moose population is right now only to see it slip away if they get wolves into our state.

25-Mar-19
Followed very quickly by decimated elk herds.

Bloody, nasty, slow deaths.

Wolves are lower than vermin.

25-Mar-19
Dana Ferguson Question - with all the animals (elk, deer, antelope and moose) coming down with the zombie sickness and the meat can't be eaten by a humans. Knowing Wolves cull the sick out of the herd will that (zombie sickness) have any adverse affect on the Wolves? Just trying to think ahead for the next crazy story that may come out about how bad Wolves are....

Thought I have seen and heard some crazy stuff where I work...NOPE I WAS WRONG!

25-Mar-19
Its my birthday that day and I'll be out of town. It would be really hard to sit in there and not say anything. Based upon how this bunch behaved at the CWC meeting, any sort of confrontation could get pretty ugly and would get them more publicity, which is what they want. Not going to change anyone's mind there.

26-Mar-19
"come taste a beer made especially for this event" guessing it should taste something like elk/moose/deer scat.

Notice how they put all those "cute" puppy pics up .... UGH. Hopefully someone will let that brewing company know sponsoring this crazed group will cost them beer sales.

26-Mar-19
Need to figure out how to counter their “cute, fuzzy” puppies with nasty bloody adults eating still living prey and pictures of fields of dead stinking animals that they killed for “sport” and left to rot.

Seriously need to get some hotshot PR guys building the case against wolves and start flooding social media with the bloody truth about these animals.

26-Mar-19
Wasn't there a thread a few years back on a couple wolves that killed a heard up near Pine Dale?

26-Mar-19
But then they would say, "but wolves have to eat!" It does not really matter if it is fuzzy or not.

26-Mar-19
I'll bet if you ask your average dumbass urban dweller down at City Market, "Would you rather see/hear a wolf or an elk?", wolf is the answer 9 times out of 10. There's nothing romantic about an elk.

27-Mar-19
A herd of elk being chased by a pack of wolves in RMNP when everyone is lining the road to catch the elk bugling could turn the tide on the wolf. Better yet, a pack ripping apart a calf elk on main street Estes park during the Christmas light parade would shut them up.

27-Mar-19
It will be too late then

27-Mar-19
"Would you rather see/hear a wolf or an elk?", wolf is the answer 9 times out of 10. There's nothing romantic about an elk." We should get a few hundred women hunters and/or hunters' wives to dress up as Little Red Riding Hood and attend this meeting.

27-Mar-19
You guys need to go to the CO forum and read the survey executive summary that is being sent to CO lawmakers. I don't know how to post a PDF on here, but it is frightening.

27-Mar-19

elkstabber's embedded Photo
Maybe we should respond with a message like this?

27-Mar-19
Elkstabber, all of that is ok because it restores the balance of nature, they are just doing what comes naturally, they were here first (even though big Canadian pack wolves were never in CO) and they have just as much right to elk as hunters.

What we need are photos of wolves ripping kittens apart, or cute bear cubs, or prairie dogs.

27-Mar-19
If “restoring the balance of nature” and “they were here first” are the criteria, then why not bring the grizzly back?

27-Mar-19
With all the organizations supporting wolf re introduction, is there an organization that has meetings like the one listed here displaying biological data on what wolves do to ungulate populations when re introduced? Pictures of full grown wolves mauling elk and moose calves, instead of puppy pictures. Possibly video footage on a loop near the sign in table showing wolves pulling down animals and ripping them apart alive? Particularly a calf of some species while the mother looks on helpless. A presentation showing the fiscal liabilities that are encountered through the re introduction itself, lawsuits and cattle depredation repayments? Is there an organization that is actively trying to get the other side of the message out with town hall meetings like this?

27-Mar-19

Hmm... trying to find a pic of a wolf attacking a pony.

27-Mar-19
Big Game Forever. They have had a few panel discussions, but nothing on a large scale.Mostly preaching to the choir. Apparently, the pro-wolf people are well funded, anti-wolf people are not. Therein lies the problem.

27-Mar-19
Ursman, grizzlies will be next. Thats a promise. But first they are going after the low-hanging fruit; the one-two punch of outlawing cougar and bobcat hunting along with forcing wolf reintroduction.

If either or both of these make it onto the ballot here, we are in trouble.

27-Mar-19
I don’t understand why the people who will be affected by the wolf reintroduction don’t form a coalition to fight it. Outfitters, cattlemen, wool growers (?), and hunter organizations like SCI (although they might be more concerned about happenings in Africa) should be planning to stand up against the coming wolf sunnami. There are biologist, ranchers, outfitters from states affected by a swelling wolf population in other states, Wyoming,Montana, Idaho, Washington, that I’m would bet be willing to testify to the devastation of wolves. I’m afraid they are all going to wait until it’s too late and the votes are counted. We need an advertising campaign to run on front range to counter the wolf huggers. What’s your opinion?

27-Mar-19
Oh yea, don’t count on the CPW for help.........politics they tell me! Don’t understand how they can sit tight lipped when their funding could suffer when in the future game herd numbers are down to the point that non-res hunters decide to look elsewhere. I’d be interested to see what the wolf states license sales look like since the influx of wolves. Oh but wait, how naive of me, it’s all about the money. Sierra Club, Ted Turner, lots of $$$$. People impacted by wolves, not so much.

27-Mar-19
We just learned that a coalition is being put together to form a strategy. Unfortunately, BHA has declined to participate. At this point there's nothing to advertize about since the wolfies plan to get a bill sponsored in the state legislature. Dems control it, but all we need are a couple votes from rural legislators to defeat it. That's very likely to happen, especially when the CPW testifies about the huge costs and potential revenue declines. Then they will try to get something on the 2020 ballot. That's when the mainstream PR battle will take place and the money will be needed.

Hopefully our side will get some outside funding because their side will get truckloads of $$.

27-Mar-19
CPW is prohibited by law from getting involved in ballot issues.

27-Mar-19
A state can’t just vote to introduce wolves and drop them out of truck on Saturday afternoon. Your time and money would be better spent getting a federally approved wolf plan in place that has a management strategy that includes hunting and trapping.

27-Mar-19
The proposed ballot initiative they are floating in surveys calls for the CPW to develop a science-based plan, hold public hearings across the state, and then take the steps necessary to reintroduce wolves to public land by 2023. Obviously that would mean requesting the USFWS to play. So far it is only talk from their side- they haven't begun to gather signatures. There will be legal challenges, of course.

The CPW already had taken the official position that wolves will be allowed to repopulate naturally by migration, but not forced introduction. They/we know they are already here.

Trapping isn't an option. That was outlawed by the voters in a landslide.

27-Mar-19
You’ll have them regardless, oregon didn’t introduce a single wolf. Without a plan the feds are in complete control.

27-Mar-19
Hope you don't get any wolves introduced. If you do they'll destroy your moose population then head to Snowy Range and. Sierra Madres in WY. If they cross the border there fair game and treated just like coyotes hear.

27-Mar-19
Yeah, the ones we have now are coming down through the Snowies and Sierra Madres, except for the collared one roadkilled on I-70 near Idaho Springs. That one came from Yellowstone. How 'bout you guys do a little better job of keeping your wolves in the yard? :-O

27-Mar-19
Lou, you hold a deep ability here to organize a defense for hunters in Colorado. Keep us informed. Now is the time for you to take the reins brother. I know you don't want too but, you have the credibility with your resume to have a profound impact on the perception of the non hunting public in CO. Just my .02 worth.

27-Mar-19
"There's nothing romantic about an elk. " That's because the urbanites don't have a miniature elk named Fluffy sitting in their lap.....

28-Mar-19

Treeline's Link
Getting off the ground.

The link has a lot of facts about wolves and the money behind the push to introduce them across the West (definitely not local!)

Anyone who hunts or wants to hunt Colorado better get involved. This one is going to be a war.

29-Mar-19
When the big timber wolves get established in CO I would guess that the Mexican gray wolf in NM is doomed because the wolves that move to CO will certainly move to NM. The big timber wolves will either kill them or f**k them, either way there won't be Mexican gray wolves much longer.

This is an example of the bunny huggers and their unintended consequences.

29-Mar-19
elkstabber- So you are telling might wolves are like guys drunk on whiskey? They want to fight and/or f#*k! LOL!

29-Mar-19
Nice work Tavis. The website looks great!

29-Mar-19
Will need to get lots of support.

Already working to get a PR firm on board.

The truth about these animals needs to get spread far and wide. Otherwise we will get screwed at the ballot box.

All true lovers of wildlife need to get on board.

We are behind the 8 ball on this one guys...

30-Mar-19
Thanks Travis for the link. Donation sent.

Perhaps if a Colorado resident as yourself, Caxador, Lou, etc.... would hit Rokslide and other forums with the link an explanation, this could get the attention it deserves.

01-Apr-19
Tavis, that website looks great. That is an excellent tool to educate the nonhunting public.

• Sitka Gear