Contributors to this thread:
76aggie 27-Mar-19
Franklin 27-Mar-19
'Ike' (Phone) 27-Mar-19
76aggie 29-Mar-19
Scar Finga 29-Mar-19
76aggie 15-May-19
27-Mar-19
Has anyone used one of these Pop Up packs from Mystery Ranch? If so, what did you think of them?

27-Mar-19
Go further down the page....there was just a thread on this very pack.

27-Mar-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Here you go...

29-Mar-19
Thanks guys. I did not see the previous post and don't know how to use the search function. See folks packing out elk but my thought is this would be on the small side for moose.

29-Mar-19
the 18 is Definitely on the small side for moose, and ok for elk. IMHO it is more for deer, black bear and antelope type game. But I would use it for my first load on an elk, backstraps, front boneless quarter and maybe some extra neck meat or something. I would feel ok with up to 70lbs or so in the 18. I would then switch to my large heavy duty pack frame for the heavy loads and lifting. I haven't used the 28, so I can't comment.

Scar

15-May-19
My Pop Up 28 was delivered today. Obviously, I have not used it yet but I believe I got a winner of a pack. Seems well constructed and thought out. Scar Finga, I agree it is on small side for moose but I probably won't be carrying a max load on moose as my son and son-in-law will bear most of the load. I hope they feel sorry for an old man. I really like the fact this pack would be very useful as a carry on when making out of state hunts and still fit the bill as a hunting pack as well. Well satisfied with the purchase.

• Sitka Gear