t-roy 29-Mar-19
Charlie Rehor 29-Mar-19
APauls 29-Mar-19
t-roy 29-Mar-19
BULELK1 30-Mar-19
28-Mar-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I found these matching sheds the other day. At first, I thought it would be considered a typical mainframe 10 pointer with non typical points between the G2s and G3’s on both sides, but after looking at them more closely, I’m not sure if they would be scored that way. Neither of the tines in question seem to share a common base with the G2 or G3 on either side, and they both seem to be coming off the main beams in the same manner as the G2s and 3s.

Opinions?

28-Mar-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Inside

28-Mar-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Outside

28-Mar-19
I think none of our opinions outside guys like Ed and the other guys who panel judge these animals matter, but it sure looks like a false G3 that's growing off of a shared base on both sides.

It's a very unique buck though. Did you find these sheds in a place that you could hunt him? He could be a very interesting buck next year.

28-Mar-19
I found them on one of my farms, Ike. I usually run cameras, but due to a death in the family last year, I never had the time to run any, so, obviously no pics of him last year nor any sightings of him either (other than possibly one from about 500 yards away last November). I’m definitely looking forward to hopefully seeing what he turns into this year!

28-Mar-19
Love the mass! I think they would be scored typical.

28-Mar-19
Either one, they score it both was, but who cares. The deer grew them and add up the to get a gross score. Shawn

28-Mar-19
Not many deductions either way. I don't care what 'they' consider it, typ or NT, I would just consider that a special find, and be happy to know he's still out there to hunt this fall.

28-Mar-19
Cool sheds.

On a farm you can hunt?

28-Mar-19
That's a really cool buck! Be interesting to see what happens with those tines this year, if they grow in a similar fashion or if they spread out, etc. Who knows, the whole thing could palmate more. Deer are awesome!

28-Mar-19
sticksender......yes

28-Mar-19
Always somebody comes in a says "who cares". Amazing. Nice buck. I think typical.

28-Mar-19
Obviously t-roy cares.... From the pics, they look like they come off the top of the main beam in a typical location - typical. The pic of the left outside concerns me just a little bit. Call it typical and kill him this year... Ed F

28-Mar-19
unique but typical

28-Mar-19
Hope you get him next year and I bet he’ll be “different”!

28-Mar-19
I have no clue what the rules are for typical vs non-typical but I can tell you two things; that is not what I think of when I think non-typical, and it is AWESOME! Sorry I couldn't help, but I wanted to comment just because that is a set of sheds.

28-Mar-19
Non typical. Not even spacing between the tines and excessive webbing between the tines. Very cool find though

28-Mar-19

molsonarcher's embedded Photo
molsonarcher's embedded Photo
The reason i say non typ is this. This deer was panel scored by p&y, and the points between the g2/g3 were considered non typical The antlers found by the op are pretty much identical in configuration

28-Mar-19
The reason i say non typ is this. This deer was panel scored by p&y, and the points between the g2/g3 were considered non typical The antlers found by the op are pretty much identical in configuration

28-Mar-19
TypicAL all day long. Front, back, top, inside , backside still typical. No question no doubts confirmed TYPICAL.

28-Mar-19
Either way....you still get credit for the mass circumference between the G2-G3 which will be huge.

I friend of mine shot a buck like this that ended up scoring 194" due to the mass palmation between the tines. His mass dimensions were in the mid 50"s.

28-Mar-19
I say typical but I can see why it does look like a common base.

28-Mar-19
molsonarcher, that left point sure looks like it shares a base with the G2. The right side would then have no match on the other side so would be NT, too. But I'm no official scorer.

Hope you get a crack at that one next year, Troy!

28-Mar-19
I’d say awesome and typical.

Since the whole main beam appears as palmated, I don’t think you could claim the space between as common base. Just characteristic of the rest of the main beam.

Bet you have cams out in the area this year!!

28-Mar-19
A picture looks straight down from the top should identify rather a common base point(s) or not. The deciding factor.

28-Mar-19
Typical

28-Mar-19
I'd say you need to let me come up this fall and kill him... that would be typical friendly nature.

28-Mar-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Rick.....if you leave your recurve at home, I might consider it! I’ve seen what you did with it last fall!

I’ll definitely be putting cameras out in hopes of getting some pics of him this year.

Here’s as close to vertical of a pic as I could get and still be able to tell what I was looking at. Right side

28-Mar-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Both of the points in question look, to me, to be exactly in the same plane as the typical tines on either side of them.

Left side

28-Mar-19
I gotta lean toward the right side sharing a common base with the G2. The left side looks somewhat better but it might be the angle. Either way my money is on him being even more questionable this year as to how he would be scored. Always fun though seeing what they turn in to!

28-Mar-19
My comment of "who cares" is not meant as a jab, it is actually a compliment. I do not think anyone on here would really care what it was scored as, just that they actually killed such a magnificent buck! Shawn

28-Mar-19
Beautiful buck... Good luck!!!

28-Mar-19
I know I wouldn't care, never had one scored in my life, but it's a nice buck, and I would definitely try to ground check him.

28-Mar-19
I wouldn’t care either, as that’s a great buck....as for typ vs non-typ both points appear, at least by photos, as typical points.

29-Mar-19
Wow nice sheds Troy! Almost as good as getting him. Have no idea on how to score that. But when you get him, let me know so I can help!

29-Mar-19
Without actually having the rack in my hands to examine, I would say it should be scored as typical.

29-Mar-19
Curious how many of you guys are official scorers? I know Ed F. is and I’m thinking possibly Roy G. & Marvin W. as well?

I put a tape to these antlers and scored him as a typical. I came up with 85 2/8ths” on the right antler, and 76 3/8ths” on the left. Had approximately 11 1/8ths” of side to side deductions. With an 18” spread he would gross just shy of 180” and net roughly 168”.

29-Mar-19
Ed, Roy and Marvin are all Official Measurers. Others may be as well but I know these guys are.

It seems you’ve followed measuring directions from the back of the score sheets so you’re likely in the ball park. I assume you used a reasonable inside spread measurement of 42”!

I mean 19”! Ha Ha!

29-Mar-19
Without a shadow of a doubt I know that I couldn't give you the legal answer. Much like the NHL department of player safety, I could see it going either way. My gut tells me it's non-typ, as your 3rd pic clearly shows the thicker parts of the tines and beams and that the "in-between" tines come out of the webbing, but if someone is being a rule stickler and interpreting it a different way I wouldn't be shocked to see it scored either way. I feel like all rules aside, at the heart of the matter, those are non-typ tines.

29-Mar-19
Charlie.....you measure spread on sheds on the outside, correct!?

30-Mar-19
Very unique find buddy.

No guess from me on T or NT though.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear