TreeWalker 30-Mar-19
wildwilderness 30-Mar-19
Jims 30-Mar-19
BULELK1 31-Mar-19
Jims 31-Mar-19
29-Mar-19

BULELK1's Link
'morning All,

See my link above......proposal #'s and they pretty much stay the same as proposed.

Scroll down about 10 pages to get to the good stuff.

All species/seasons/weapon choices....

Good luck, Robb

29-Mar-19
Thanks for sharing, Robb.

29-Mar-19
Interesting how in some popular units they are yet again INCREASING many rifle elk tags (and archery) while the age structure has now DECLINED for a 3rd consecutive year. It’s crazy!

29-Mar-19
Thanks for sharing! I see my tag in there:))

29-Mar-19
In many cases they are "trying" to lower the age structure. You need to look up the Age Structure Objectives for each unit and see what the management goal is. Only a very few units (San Juan) is managed for older class bulls..... Other wise they rather issue more tags and give more opportunity and make some $

29-Mar-19
:-( I’m going to have to figure out a new unit. They keep taking tags away from where I want to go and now archery, any weapon, and muzzy are all random. No preference point tag to even look forward to with 19 points going into the draw.

29-Mar-19
Same boat Shrewski..my 19 points are about as worthless as 1. Pathetic.

30-Mar-19
Sure, no worries---------->

They butchered the Mnt. Goat tag #'s on Willard Peak, they certainly needed to cut the tag amounts though.

My Zion's Bow Only D-Ram unit only has 3 tags, I was kinda thinking 4-5 tags...…

Good luck, Robb

30-Mar-19
It stinks that the UT nonres application deadline is before the proposed numbers are available! From what I understand it is not possible to change unit choices after the deadline? It's a bummer to apply in a unit with only 1 tag when you have close to max pts to apply and only 1 nonres tag is issued in the random pool. The chance of drawing goes from almost 100% if they issued a tag in the bonus pt pool to almost 0% in the random pool in high demand units. I wonder if enough nonres complained if they would change the system? They could keep the same deadline for applying but offer the option of changing unit choices after the deadline once tag numbers are available? With so few tags issued to nonres it's pretty much a gamble knowing where to apply until after the deadline when it's too late to change! It would be great if I was mistaken and they allow changes?

30-Mar-19
JIMS Agree, no way to make an informed choice. No app changes at this point for 2019. Tried to get ahead of this exact scenario and get with the lead bio months ago to get a feel for tag number changes...never returned my inquiries. Points everywhere are being devalued...burn em asap.

30-Mar-19
I would’ve definitely changed my goat app had so known about the cut in Willard tags ahead of time. Nothing suprises me anymore.

30-Mar-19
Utah cares about the opinions of nonresidents. Call them and explain you would like an even playing field where you also can know the number of tags as you apply just as if you were a resident. Easy. Oh, sorry, Utah? Your missing tag is at the Expo and while you do not know about the Willard cut...you can bet someone did at F&G then shared it with a couple of his nonresident buddies before they applied a few weeks ago. Shenanigans but what would you expect from good ol' Utah?

30-Mar-19
Utah’s answer to lack of NR tags- if you really want To hunt that bad, come to the expo and just buy the tag you want at auction!

30-Mar-19
I'm sure most nonres with a pile of pts would just like the opportunity to change their tag unit or season choice after the application deadline if they find out that the unit that they applied for won't offer a bonus pt tag! This seems like a pretty simple solution to a current major fault in the nonres draw!

31-Mar-19
The Expo and the Conservation tag's can be bid on by Ressy's & Non-ressy's and many do bid/buy them. Although, I am not a Fan of the amount of them (bid tag's) they still are open for everyone to bid/buy them.

Ressy's and Non-ressy's get the tag allocation #'s the same time, there is No difference for either to get the knowledge of tag #'s, I saw the proposal #'s and posted the link for all, not just 1 group of us.

I have gone to the RAC meetings and asked about getting the Tag #'s before applying and have been told the only way to do that is to move the Application dates to AFTER the winter survival counts have been completed.

We all know how Wyoming moving the elk application to May along with the deer & antelope, went over on here!! Not to many happy folks about such a late date application period and then the late date of Results being posted.

I would venture to say that if Utah moved the Application Period to mid April and the results in late June, there would be a similar uproar as when Wyo did that for 2020.

Like I have posted on here many times; I just play the hand dealt me by each state I apply for and if I don't like it, I don't apply anymore.

Hang in there fella's----------> sorry.

Good luck, Robb

31-Mar-19
Utah pretty much knows the tag allotment numbers today! From what I've heard the proposed tag numbers that Bullelk1 mentioned in his post/link above are pretty much set in stone and aren't changed. It wouldn't take much to keep the application deadline the same date but offer the opportunity to change unit or season choices on a date after proposed tag allotments are known? It sure beats the heck out of nonres applying and not knowing if 1 tag will be issued in the bonus pt pool! This year the proposed tag allotments were available March 29. How about the same application deadline but an April 15 deadline to change unit or season choices?

No need to change the application date deadline and everyone is happy! I don't know anyone that complains that they have the opportunity to change their unit choices after the application deadline in Wyo? This really isn't asking for much but a small tweak in a fault of the current system....especially for nonres. I'm sure UT res could care less because it really doesn't relate to them!

• Sitka Gear