ki-ke 08-Apr-19
ELKMAN 13-Apr-19
Forest bows 13-Apr-19
ELKMAN 14-Apr-19
YZF-88 14-Apr-19
31-Mar-19

COHOYTHUNTER's embedded Photo
COHOYTHUNTER's embedded Photo
I've always been a hoyt guy and I will say that they out did themselves this time..

01-Apr-19
Heard good things. I wish they would make them in longer ata. What’s with all these short ata bows !!

01-Apr-19
They make an ultra with 34 ATA

01-Apr-19
Short ata, and low brace height. But they are saying with the new bows they don't shoot like the old short bows. And that is probably true. I did shoot an Ultra, but I haven't shot the standard RX3. the Ultra is a nice bow.

01-Apr-19
Nice looking bow!

01-Apr-19
Yeah, this thing shoots like a dream.... solid, quiet, smooth.. and the way the new riser is set up, I flipped my mount for my tight spot and was able to really sink my quiver in super tight to the bow..

01-Apr-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
The new velvet finish looks pretty sweet!

01-Apr-19
Midwest.. agreed.. I almost went with that but found myself touching, petting and caressing it much too often. I saw this as problematic and potentially distracting in the field.. lol

02-Apr-19
COHOYTHUNTER: Did you have any issues with your sight alignment?

02-Apr-19
Nope, no issues with sight alignment.. are guys having that issue?

02-Apr-19
I guess a few are developing/have a riser issues that are causing the sight to kick out to the right and making it impossible to sight in? (Out of square) I just started reading about it over on AT. Just wondering if guys on here are seeing any of that? They have photos of it. Pretty crazy.

02-Apr-19
I have not noticed that issue at all with my RX3 Ultra.

02-Apr-19
Have the standard RX3 and didn't even notice an "un square" sight till I read about it, my side to side adjustment on my pins are right in the center, but when you look down the bow from the top, the sight is not square with the riser, wonder if I should even worry about it? Kinda bugs me though.

02-Apr-19
I read about what Elkman is referring to. Luckily, mine is fine. but it looks like Hoyt is sending out a new sight mounting plate that is angled correctly to make the sight sit square on the bow.. must have been a bad batch of risers. Still no reason for any company to not have a quality control process in place to catch these things

02-Apr-19
What does it sell for?

02-Apr-19
$1,700

02-Apr-19
No way on earth would I pay that for a bow (some will I know, not me).... my venerable '06 Allegiance will do what that thing does ... and at 303 fps/64lbs/405 gr arrow/30" draw, I'll keep my Ally ......

02-Apr-19
I don't know how a dealer can change out the sight mount when it is molded into the sight window.

02-Apr-19
JTV you will be able to pick a new one up in the November to February window for a grand on eBay. New in box

02-Apr-19
Sounds like it is a shim is added to correct the fault, not an entire new mount.

03-Apr-19
I gotta be honest I would absolutely hate that fix if I just paid $1,600 dollars for a brand new high line bow... :-(

03-Apr-19
Just got mine in the mail today.

03-Apr-19
I'm with ELK on that!

07-Apr-19
Just got mine on Friday and shot it yesterday for the first time. No problem with everything mounting up correctly and sighting it in. It shoots great, and I really like it!

08-Apr-19
Gotta say....I'm with Elkman on the shim fix....kinda like if the windshield wiper is loose on my new F250 and the dealer runs a self tapping screw in there to hold it all together and says.."there ya go, you're good!".

I'm staring at that screw every time it rains.....

13-Apr-19
How did that end up Forest?

13-Apr-19
I threw a rest a sight and apeep on it took it outside shot it 20 times and was grouping very well out to 40 yards. I did almost run out of adjustment on my PIN going left and it feels like I have to lay my head over to the side more to see through the peep I just have never shot the offset grip before I'm guessing.

14-Apr-19
Well it's only offset if you make it that way. You can shoot it centered just like a regular old Hoyt. Keep me posted. Curious to see how this thing goes. Any pics? (That grip was a dumb ass idea in my opinion)

14-Apr-19
You can also angle that grip as well. Doesn’t have to be a verticle offset. I moved mine until it was in the most comfortable position, then I started tuning.

• Sitka Gear