ELKMAN 29-Apr-19
Forest bows 29-Apr-19
kota-man 29-Apr-19
bighorn 29-Apr-19
ELKMAN 30-Apr-19
31-Mar-19

COHOYTHUNTER's embedded Photo
COHOYTHUNTER's embedded Photo
I've always been a hoyt guy and I will say that they out did themselves this time..

01-Apr-19
Heard good things. I wish they would make them in longer ata. What’s with all these short ata bows !!

01-Apr-19
They make an ultra with 34 ATA

01-Apr-19
Short ata, and low brace height. But they are saying with the new bows they don't shoot like the old short bows. And that is probably true. I did shoot an Ultra, but I haven't shot the standard RX3. the Ultra is a nice bow.

01-Apr-19
Nice looking bow!

01-Apr-19
Yeah, this thing shoots like a dream.... solid, quiet, smooth.. and the way the new riser is set up, I flipped my mount for my tight spot and was able to really sink my quiver in super tight to the bow..

01-Apr-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
The new velvet finish looks pretty sweet!

01-Apr-19
Midwest.. agreed.. I almost went with that but found myself touching, petting and caressing it much too often. I saw this as problematic and potentially distracting in the field.. lol

02-Apr-19
COHOYTHUNTER: Did you have any issues with your sight alignment?

02-Apr-19
Nope, no issues with sight alignment.. are guys having that issue?

02-Apr-19
I guess a few are developing/have a riser issues that are causing the sight to kick out to the right and making it impossible to sight in? (Out of square) I just started reading about it over on AT. Just wondering if guys on here are seeing any of that? They have photos of it. Pretty crazy.

02-Apr-19
I have not noticed that issue at all with my RX3 Ultra.

02-Apr-19
Have the standard RX3 and didn't even notice an "un square" sight till I read about it, my side to side adjustment on my pins are right in the center, but when you look down the bow from the top, the sight is not square with the riser, wonder if I should even worry about it? Kinda bugs me though.

02-Apr-19
I read about what Elkman is referring to. Luckily, mine is fine. but it looks like Hoyt is sending out a new sight mounting plate that is angled correctly to make the sight sit square on the bow.. must have been a bad batch of risers. Still no reason for any company to not have a quality control process in place to catch these things

02-Apr-19
What does it sell for?

02-Apr-19
$1,700

02-Apr-19
I don't know how a dealer can change out the sight mount when it is molded into the sight window.

02-Apr-19
JTV you will be able to pick a new one up in the November to February window for a grand on eBay. New in box

02-Apr-19
Sounds like it is a shim is added to correct the fault, not an entire new mount.

03-Apr-19
I gotta be honest I would absolutely hate that fix if I just paid $1,600 dollars for a brand new high line bow... :-(

03-Apr-19
Just got mine in the mail today.

03-Apr-19
I'm with ELK on that!

07-Apr-19
Just got mine on Friday and shot it yesterday for the first time. No problem with everything mounting up correctly and sighting it in. It shoots great, and I really like it!

08-Apr-19
Gotta say....I'm with Elkman on the shim fix....kinda like if the windshield wiper is loose on my new F250 and the dealer runs a self tapping screw in there to hold it all together and says.."there ya go, you're good!".

I'm staring at that screw every time it rains.....

13-Apr-19
How did that end up Forest?

13-Apr-19
I threw a rest a sight and apeep on it took it outside shot it 20 times and was grouping very well out to 40 yards. I did almost run out of adjustment on my PIN going left and it feels like I have to lay my head over to the side more to see through the peep I just have never shot the offset grip before I'm guessing.

14-Apr-19
Well it's only offset if you make it that way. You can shoot it centered just like a regular old Hoyt. Keep me posted. Curious to see how this thing goes. Any pics? (That grip was a dumb ass idea in my opinion)

14-Apr-19
You can also angle that grip as well. Doesn’t have to be a verticle offset. I moved mine until it was in the most comfortable position, then I started tuning.

20-Apr-19
I have the grip where it's comfortable I paper tuned the bow and I'm shooting bullet holes even back to 10 yards away from the paper I go to sight it in and my pin is so far in towards the riser that I'm losing 25% of my sight ring

21-Apr-19
So now it is just the opposite? Of what it was before? Or?

21-Apr-19
I had not tuned it before. Basically everything is way in close to the riser to get it tuned.

22-Apr-19
Have you shot other Hoyts before this? Did they tune similar for you? Or is this a unique issue?

22-Apr-19
What's your center-shot measurement from the riser?

22-Apr-19
And yes this^^^

22-Apr-19
All I have ever shot is Hoyt. Never had this problem. Rest is right/in from center to get the left tear out. I'm thinking need to twist left

22-Apr-19
Yoke cable some?

22-Apr-19
I had an RX1 with a similar problem. Lower cam lean due to limb axle holes not located correctly, came from factory like this. Had to move the rest closer to the riser to get broadheads to group w/ fp's. Also had abnormal string / serving wear in numerous places. Was not happy but got it thru hunting season. I had the dealer look at it closer after the season and they sent it back to the factory. Came back with everything new except the riser and a sorry letter.

22-Apr-19
So you can't set-up your center shot at 13/16" and yoke tune until you get bullet holes in paper?

22-Apr-19
If your getting a left tear that is reasonable a twist or two on the left yoke should immediately get that out no problem. And then you you should be able to get your center shot back to center exactly. Did you ever get photos of that shim set up?

22-Apr-19
I was thinking about trading in my aluminum Spyder 34 for a Carbon RX3. I would have paid under $1000.

This thread convinced me not to. Disappointed to hear these problems from Hoyt. Thanks.

22-Apr-19
I don't have a press..... Top is a yoke bottom is different.

22-Apr-19
I bet none of Mathews riser's are twisted. :^)

23-Apr-19
You will only need to twist the top yoke. DO NOT do any twisting on bottom set up. Do you have someone close that could put 2 twists in your top left side?

23-Apr-19
Yes may be. No shims sent.

24-Apr-19
Oh so when you said "Got mine in that mail today" you meant the bow itself?

24-Apr-19
Yes

24-Apr-19
Just an FYI but Hoyt cannot be sold via mail and Hoyt can pull the dealership of any dealer that does. Maybe not something to post on a public forum.

25-Apr-19
It came from Hoyt....

25-Apr-19
I think all you need to do is find the sweet spot. Just do the twists in the top left yoke, center shot the bow and see where your at. Maybe start at default location on the grip if you've been shooting Hoyts for years. The RX3 is great bow, huge improvements in a lot of aspects. More there than meets the eye.

25-Apr-19
It shooting really really well now it could be my imagination but it seems louder since I put a few twists in the cable

25-Apr-19
Check and see if the twists maybe moved your string into, or away from the rubber string stop.

25-Apr-19
Where should it be

25-Apr-19

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
No complaints here with the Ultra. Removed the stock grip and added side plates, Lizard Skiz and a ProV Limbdriver.

25-Apr-19
BTW... loose the stock grip.

26-Apr-19
Pretty side plates, TSW!

26-Apr-19
Yeah cool looking. What did you cover the face with?

26-Apr-19
TThx Midwest, Almost like shooting a bare riser ! Casey, not sure what you mean?

27-Apr-19
I just meant where the screw holes and all that are. You know the flat part your hand presses on.

27-Apr-19
The screw holes for moving the grip side to side.

27-Apr-19
Gotcha, i removed that plate, one screw, then covered the back with Lizard Skinz grip tape.

28-Apr-19
Very nice

28-Apr-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
I guess this is the shim their doing to correct the warp in the risers or imperfection in the sight mount? That photo is off of a thread on AT.

28-Apr-19
Mine came with that installed

28-Apr-19

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo

28-Apr-19
How big of an issue is this was planning on purchasing a new RX3 ?

28-Apr-19
Wondering about that myself.

28-Apr-19
No more so than any other bow.

29-Apr-19
Sounds like they have made the change over on the ones that are going out the door now.

29-Apr-19
Looks like your getting close on tune. What all did you do?

29-Apr-19
4 twist on left yoke cable took one off right. Moved D loop around and adjusted rest.

29-Apr-19
I agree with Forest...My RX3 Ultra was no different to get fine tuned than any other bow I've had. Mine also has the metal spacer from the factory.

29-Apr-19
Too the ones going out the door now what did they change?

30-Apr-19
The sight mount plate

• Sitka Gear