ELKMAN 01-Apr-19
smarba 01-Apr-19
wkochevar 01-Apr-19
ki-ke 01-Apr-19
SDHNTR(home) 03-Apr-19
wkochevar 03-Apr-19
Scar Finga 04-Apr-19
31-Mar-19
Has anyone worn and have an opinion on the Hoka Sky Kaha hiking boots? Looking for a good trainer as I'm putting too many miles on my mt. boots. they make great running and trekking shoes but don't know about their hikers... TIA Kip

01-Apr-19
Great trail shoes. Never done the hikers

01-Apr-19
I have not used the Sky Kaha but tried their earlier iteration the Hans Tor Ultra High.

I personally found them to be fairly comfortable and light but the sole is so soft that walking on a sidehill is difficult (the entire boot rolls) and I generally felt like I was balancing on a puffy balloon - unstable.

Additionally although touted to be waterproof/breathable they leaked like a sieve. I contacted Hoka and they replaced them. I promptly filled them with water (unworn) and water seeped out all over the place. I use these for casual scouting in gentle terrain for dry conditions, but they would not be by pick for a hunting boot.

My wife loves Hoka running shoes, I personally run in Newtons.

Granted my review is for a different model, but I'd highly suggest checking online reviews before trying the boots.

01-Apr-19
I don't know how much I'd actually hunt in them...just looking for a trainer boot I can throw my pack on with to get my fat-A.. ready for this fall. Thanks for the input.

01-Apr-19
I had one of their first iterations of "hikers". Smarbas review could be mine, but he has more words, so I'll let his stand alone.....

OTOH, I run in and really like their trail shoes.

03-Apr-19
Love em! Goofy looking for sure, but once you get past that, VERY comfortable and excellent traction. Not the most supportive boot/shoe of course, but that's to be expected. If I'm not carrying a heavy pack, they are a pleasure to wear.

03-Apr-19
Tried the Hoka Kaha's on yesterday and walked around the store and the fake rock a bit...decided on a pair of Oboz. I need a bit more arch support and stability for my flat arches. The Hoka's felt really comfortable and would be great for basic hiking, but for what I need them for, packing with a loaded pack, the Oboz felt better and more stable.

04-Apr-19
I really like the light weight, but they just didn't fit my feet right, so I sent mine back. I was pretty bummed, they need to make them in a wide as well. And my wife called them my clown shoes, so yes, they are goofy looking!

• Sitka Gear