Drummer Boy 03-Apr-19
Swampbuck 03-Apr-19
APauls 03-Apr-19
M.P. 03-Apr-19
Dale06 03-Apr-19
EZBreazy 03-Apr-19
APauls 04-Apr-19
02-Apr-19
Looking for a good set of mid level compact binoculars. The leica 10x25 and the zeiss terra 10x25 interest me. Any input on these or others ?

02-Apr-19
Are you going to a play? Haha. Just teasing. I think full size Binos are the weigh to go because of less eye strain and better magnification and FOV. I use Swarovski glass 15 power because I gotta see clear and a long way. If you hunt part time the Pentax Glass might be a good choice and a lot less $$.

02-Apr-19
I have used a pair of 8x20 Zeiss Conquests in the treestand before. They have good clarity and got the job done. Not the best at low light due to the small objective but capable. The Terra line from Zeiss is more budget friendly and will certainly be lower quality than the Leica of the two you mentioned. One thing to consider is the small objective and the larger magnification, you may be better suited to an 8x, especially if the purpose is stand hunting. If western hunting I would definitely go full size.

02-Apr-19
Thanks. I have the Zeiss Conquest in full size but I wa t something a little smaller for deer hunting The leica is in the 4 to 5 hundred $ range but I figure better than the terra line .

02-Apr-19
I have been well satisfied with Bushnell Elite 7x26. Nice compact size, light weight and good clarity. They have been discontinued, but can be found on eBay.

02-Apr-19
i really like and use swarovski 8x30's. the 30mm lens lets more light in for early and late especially in the timber and they are small in size.

02-Apr-19
8x30s are about the bottom end of what I consider "acceptable light transmission".

You will be sorely disappointed in early morning and late evening viewing with 10x25s, even in expensive glass. Certainly they are better, but nothing in comparison to bigger lenses.

02-Apr-19
Love my 14 year old Leica 8 x 32 Ultravids (pre HD) that weigh 19 ounces. Had a pair of the same era Leica 8 x 20 Ultravids and did not like them. They had very critical eye placement, not quite enough eye relief for an eye glass wearer, and were slow to use due to these issues. I finally sold them for what I had in them about a year ago. They just didn't get any use other than an occasional hike behind the house over the last 10 years I had them, despite the handy size and 8 ounce weight.

I had Zeiss 8x20 and 10x25 "Z-folding" pocket binos earlier in life too. I have about the same feeling as I do for the Leicas. Just not as user friendly as bigger binos, although the clarity in the middle of the sweet spot wasn't bad.

03-Apr-19
I have a pair of Minox BV 8x25 binoculars. Also have a pair of full size 10x42.

I've used them for a couple of years but still struggle to use the 8x25. They are just not easy to look through. Eyeball position and relief were just too much hassle. I would go with an 8x30 or 32 if I had the chance to do it again.

03-Apr-19
I bought a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x28 that are clear, bright, and compact to carry.

03-Apr-19
I am not very competent in this matter, but recently I’m busy looking for suitable, not expensive and high-quality binoculars, I like the Vortex Optics DB-204 Diamondback 8 × 42 model - Top Pick https://opticzoo.com/best-hunting-binoculars-under-200-reviews/This binocular gives you a very wide field of view that allows you to cover a large territory with minimal effort, regardless of whether you go hunting or wildlife.

03-Apr-19

Bowman's Link
I am interested in other options.

03-Apr-19
https://mavenbuilt.com/b-series-binoculars/

I've been more than happy with my Maven B3's.

03-Apr-19
I have used 8x30 Swaroski for deer hunting for 25 years.They weigh 19 oz and fit into my upper pocket of my Day one coat.

03-Apr-19
I’ve had Steiner military-marine 8x30 for over 25 years. They weigh a pound. They are well worth the money

03-Apr-19
I feel the need to ask why the need for compact binoculars? How are you going to carry them so that it is an advantage to go smaller? Or is it literally just due to the weight?

03-Apr-19
I want something smaller to carry while hunting . My 10x40 zeiss are great but fill up my backpack . I will be using the compacts in the tree stand and scouting.

03-Apr-19
I use swaro 10x32 ELs. I’ve used them on dall sheep to tree stand whitetails to ground blind turkeys, African plaines game and lots more in between. Have had the about 10 years and they will do it all.

03-Apr-19
10x32 Meopta HD or Cabelas version are excellent bino's. No less clear than my 10x42 Swaro EL.

04-Apr-19
OK, I don't know many people that carry them in their backpack so I guess that makes sense.

• Sitka Gear