Matt 29-Apr-19
Loghouse 30-Apr-19
PushCoArcher 30-Apr-19
ki-ke 30-Apr-19
spike78 30-Apr-19
03-Apr-19

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
We have a herd of fallow deer that we need to remove from a pasture so we are offering them at a greatly reduced price. They will be available until all have been shot and we can't hold any of them. We have a guest house available for you to stay in and this is a DIY deal. The only caveat is that you will need to hunt them with a rifle as they are too spooky to get near with archery equipment. There are only two branch-antlered bucks and the rest are does or spikes. You can call or text us to schedule a date. There is no limit on how many you can take. Call or text us to schedule a date. The two bucks are $850 each and the rest are $295.

03-Apr-19
If I didn't have a kid due next month I would love to come down. However, wife would not be thrilled if I was throwing money around like that.

03-Apr-19
They're white, aughta be able to see them well, even with my eyes ! Good luck getting rid of them.

03-Apr-19
could you shoot them out of a tree stand with a bow? seems like lots of trees there

03-Apr-19
Where are you located?

03-Apr-19
No sir. They won't come within 70 yards if they know someone's in their pasture. Rifle only.

04-Apr-19
South Central Oklahoma.

04-Apr-19
They look like goats in a pen

05-Apr-19
Fallow deer are usually really good eats, except the bucks in the rut.

My folks have a bunch and they are pretty docile. Surprised that you can’t get close enough on these to kill them with a bow.

Would think that bait and a pop up or tree stand would be very effective.

05-Apr-19
Nope, not in this situation. We have several reasons I don't want to go into here. This is not a hunt on our hunting ranch, this is a "clear out the livestock pasture" operation. That's why the prices are so low. -Cheryl

05-Apr-19
"Steal of a deal" for somebody !!

05-Apr-19
I will kill them all for 1472.23!! Sounds fun. Hunt

05-Apr-19
Dang, I wished this would have happened during my Spring Break. Maybe Huntress can write me an excuse to my Principal and I can miss some work?

09-Apr-19
I think we can arrange that Mike! We still have one buck left and he still has his antlers....

15-Apr-19
Both bucks have been taken but we still have several does and spikes left for anyone interested in some excellent table fare.

23-Apr-19

We still have five does/spikes left. This is your last chance to get some of the most delicious venison for a very low price.

28-Apr-19
What does this have to do with bow hunting?

28-Apr-19
Well busta it actually has nothing to do with bow hunting. But it has everything to do about helping out a bowhunting operation with a problem they were having removing some animals on their place.

I think you can understand the importance of that

28-Apr-19
I honestly don't see a shred of hunting in this.

28-Apr-19
Nope Thornton no hunting at all Just deer removal. Helping a neighbor and a hunting comrade

28-Apr-19
It doesn't always have to be about BOWhunting...

29-Apr-19
It saddens me to think of all of the work that Hunters and those organizations that support the fraternity ridiculed by threads such as this. To support it by saying "its not Hunting", well your right there. It is so FAR removed from hunting that it should not even appear on these pages. It tarnishes every effort made to establish the ethic and integrity of hunters and makes a mockery of those people who have contributed their time and effort towards it.

I take pride in being a hunter, it makes me ashamed to see a thread of this nature and content. Daniel G. Banting

29-Apr-19
You guys need to get over it. No difference turning a herd of cattle into steaks or a herd of fenced deer into steaks. Shiloh posted it here because they know many of the people who frequent this site. Good place to communicate the opportunity.. period.

29-Apr-19
The problem isn't "us" getting over it, Scott, it's "them", and by them, I'm not talking about anti-hunters, I'm talking about the overwhelming majority of Americans, the non-hunters that will eventually be the ones that decide our fate as "sport-hunters". Big difference between "hunters" buying a live animal and shooting it in a pen with a rifle vs domestic beef. If you don't realize that, you're part of the problem. I understand Shiloh is popular on this site, and I'll bet, based on what I've read, that the Napper's are fine folks. But that doesn't change the damage messages like this can cause. I don't believe in penned hunts, I don't believe in animals being released into enclosures simply to be sold to "hunters". I don't care how big the enclosure is or how hard (or how easy) it might be to kill any given animal in an enclosure, I just don't believe in it and I think it hurts my kids (and future grand-kids) chances of being able to do the things that I love/live to do. But that's just me and I'm not saying good folks like the Napper's shouldn't be able to do what they love, and I'm not saying the guys that want to hunt in an enclosure shouldn't be able to. But it's clear to me that anytime we arm our opponents with additional ammo to hurt our way of life, it's obviously a big mistake.

29-Apr-19
Thanks for the help Rob. Obviously there are several folks posting here who don't know the circumstances surrounding the need for eliminating these animals, but that's not something I want to post about quite yet. I made it abundantly clear above that this is not a hunt, this is an effort to remove these deer from our livestock pasture. If this offends you, well, I just don't know what to say, except I am truly sorry to have offended you. I would however like to thank you for helping us keep this thread at the top where folks interested in getting some cheap fallow meat can see it. You're effort is very much appreciated, regardless of your intent.

We still have a few does left if anyone else wants them.

29-Apr-19
They are a bowsite sponsor. They never said it was a hunt. Since they pay to keep this site running I see no issue with them looking to get rid of a few livestock animals. It's no more hunting related than all the truck threads or operation threads we see daily.

Thornton it doesn't surprise me that you don't have enough reading comprehension skills to understand that there isn't "a shred of hunting in this". Cheryl never said there was. Now go back to the Kansas forum and continue bashing NR hunters.

29-Apr-19
Quote: “The only caveat is that you will need to hunt them with a rifle as they are too spooky to get near with archery equipment.”

Not only was it claimed this was a “hunt” in the initial post, the animals were purported to be so wary that one could never get close enough to kill one with a bow.

This is getting farcical. You guys really should pull this thread, it’s an embarrassment.

29-Apr-19
I don’t believe there’s much difference in a dead deer or a dead cow.

And how is having a herd of deer behind a fence worse then running cattle in a feed lot?

29-Apr-19

Busta- you will not get near these deer with Woodrow, our livestock guardian dog, shadowing your every step. We need these deer killed and we are running out of time to do it. Quite simply put, we want the shooters to come in, shoot a deer and then be done with it in short order. We have hog hunters over at our hunting camp whom are our primary focus, and this job is just that....a job we need to get done by the end of next week.

Minnie, Peanut and Munchkin sure will appreciate it when all these intruders leave their home. Oh, and I forgot to add one more caveat...you must be able to tell a goat from a deer! :)

29-Apr-19
I apologize for the use of the word "hunt" in the first post, as that was supposed to read "kill". I typed it in a hurry and simply used the wrong word. I sincerely do feel bad that my typo caused so much anguish. That was not my intention at all. I'm just trying to find the quickest and easiest way to eradicate these deer without having to go out and shoot them ourselves.

Cheryl

29-Apr-19
"We need these deer killed and we are running out of time to do it. "

So why not just go shoot them?

29-Apr-19
Cheryl - I wouldn't waste another thought on what those others think. The rest of us aren't overthinking it.

If it weren't in such a quick timeframe, I'd buy two.

29-Apr-19
There are certainly a few fartcicles in this thread....

30-Apr-19
It is evident that sometimes a Moral Compass is so far out of declination that there is no hope of it giving useful bearings. For those who chose to pay the $895.00 for the two premium pieces of meat, will you have mounts done? agb

30-Apr-19
Loghouse there are a bunch of people who think your moral compass is screwed up because you hunt. Climb down off the high horse and mind your own business.

30-Apr-19
Gotta agree with Busta and a couple others here....While I understand the need to "eradicate" non useful livestock from a farming operation, asking "hunters" to pay to assassinate said livestock looks like nothing other than "hunting" in a pen to anyone on the non hunting fringe of society.

I can see this as a feature in "Guns of Autumn 2"......for those of us that are old enough to remember. We all knew the portrayal of hunting was far from the truth when that widely viewed TV thriller came out and swelled the ranks of existing Anti hunting orgs and likely created a few more. OUR...perception of the truth didn't matter then and in the big picture, doesn't now.

Perceptions matter.

30-Apr-19
IMO your paying to get some meat in the freezer and their is nothing wrong with that. If I lived down that way I wouldn’t mind testing out my new Ruger in 450 Bushmaster!

• Sitka Gear