Woods Walker 06-Apr-19
Inshart 07-Apr-19
Blue Buck 07-Apr-19
Diesel 07-Apr-19
Beav 07-Apr-19
Adventurewriter 07-Apr-19
axle2axle 08-Apr-19
04-Apr-19
Love telling stories in bronze..and love old vintage hunting any place has always fascinated me. You know the time of gritty hunting with very little safeguards or nets. This piece is called "The Intruder" the scene is an impromptu camp brought on by darkness. the Buff head and cape strapped to a pole and spear leaning against it..... the vintage pith helmet....double rifle... canteen...it is harder to see but the small campfire has a hole from the bottom to insert a flicker tea light for a cool and occasional effect in a dark room . The title works both ways Is the Lion intruding on them...of they have intruded in his killing grounds... and love doing big cats and Lions are bad aaaaazzzzzzz

04-Apr-19

Adventurewriter's embedded Photo

04-Apr-19

04-Apr-19

04-Apr-19

04-Apr-19

04-Apr-19

04-Apr-19
Love it. Excellent piece. How do you get the coloration?

04-Apr-19
Ghost Bird ..it is called "Patina' it is a combinations of fire acids and some fire heated acrylic

Thanks s n s so fun to do it come up with and idea and jump in

04-Apr-19
Man that is incredible. Would love something like that on my desk. Thanks for sharing.

04-Apr-19
Ted, your skill is a gift. Wow, what a work of art. Thanks for sharing, truly incredible

04-Apr-19
Beautiful piece Ted! Love the details. A true work of art!

04-Apr-19
Thanks all it is hard for a sculptor to post 2d pictures when sculpture is all about 3d depth and presence... and knock the size way down to a photo but what are you gonna do you get the idea really fun piece to do

04-Apr-19
Scoot BTW I LOOOOOVE Capstick...buy far my favorite Sporting writer...

04-Apr-19
Fantastic

04-Apr-19
All good "lion art" ultimately reminds me of the Tsavo mankillers. Great book, btw. Your sense of story is much more symmetrical, though. Very well done. The tea candle allowance is inspired, imo. I can picture a couple of old farts sipping scotch and spinning yarns over that, Adventurewriter.

04-Apr-19
Owl love the story of the Tsavo...but the only reason we know is there was somebody there that could write...Imagine lion killers over millennium going full maneater whole prides when the only way to keep them at bay was spears and not so long ago stone headed spears.... the problem with art and the Tsavo lion they were giant maneless males...manes in lion art really helps a lot but with that said notice I kept the mane not too big the real wild males don't have those giant manes as the brush and thorns keep them trimmed back a bit...

04-Apr-19
You have an amazing gift.

That piece is incredible.

04-Apr-19
The attention to detail in that is absolutely amazing. If you set up a booth with your sculptures at DSC and/or SCI I'm sure you could fund a 21 day full-bag safari!

04-Apr-19
Very cool. Well done. How big is that?

04-Apr-19
Overland I did both shows and sold a couple before they were done....pre-cast...just had the lion and buff head roughed in I guarantee all my work but people get a good deal on pre-cast as they have to wait a few months for me to finish and the casting and finishing to be done... then thing with bronze unlike painters you have a small space to tell story and if its too jammed it can look well jammed or concocted...

Just been doing this about 7 years and self taught so having a ball after just being an admirer my whole life...

04-Apr-19
SBH it is about 23 inches long weighs like 40 pounds plus

04-Apr-19
Dirk sometime I put some stuff on facebook and a few times here...no place else...hmmm might have done a few things on Monster Muleys....

04-Apr-19
Damn Ted!

That is really spectacular! Excellent work for sure!

You’re artistic skills absolutely amaze me and you seem to be improving with every piece. You are truly blessed!

Thanks for sharing pictures of this one with us! I do agree, pictures just don’t do justice to a 3-D bronze.

04-Apr-19
WOW....thats bigger than I thought.....ok ok, that's what she said. But seriously. How much would something like that go for?

04-Apr-19
SBH it should got for $6500 or so But sold the precasts for $3900....but now its done is should be back up to 6500 but would do precast price...I'm just doing this to keep doing it....the foundry cost are crippling...trust me when I say I don't make minimum wage...but a labor of love...

04-Apr-19
Gotcha, I believe it. Looks very cool. Hope you can find the right buyer. Glad to see you follow your passions.

05-Apr-19
very nice!!!

05-Apr-19
I truly wish that bronze was less expensive....I really wish i could give them away some of the most passionate people I meet at shows for the art simply can't afford it and I know my piece ( kinda my children...they all started out as a lump of clay before the molding process) would be going to a great home... that is important to most artist and for sure it is for me... Painters on the other hand can do some sort of prints for a much lower cost i really wish bronze had that option

05-Apr-19
Stellar work!

05-Apr-19
Amazing piece of art. I keep going back to the pictures the details are incredible.

05-Apr-19
Outstanding sir, you are an extremely gifted artist!

I love the detail all the way down to the paw!

Thank you for sharing it with us! If I was a rich man.... It'd be sold!

05-Apr-19
Very cool!

05-Apr-19
Great job thanks for sharing Lewis

05-Apr-19
Thanks guys I got a killer mountain lion fighting a dog piece I am working on now and going to be trading for a classic horse Mountain lion hunt with a famous lion hunter from Utah....hopefully we will get that done this fall.......

I like and have done many trades it makes it more fun and not all about the bottom line and I end up with a great friend out of it every time....do retail for retail trades...for other art... hunts.... guns etc

05-Apr-19
Well done Mr!!

05-Apr-19
Just incredible Ted! Make sure to post the mountain lion piece when it is completed. It is very cool that you have made an arrangement to trade it for a lion hunt!

05-Apr-19
Dan for sure I will post it if we draw our NM tag you can see it in person...really looking forward to the lion hunt....

05-Apr-19
Awesome, Thanks for sharing. Forrest

05-Apr-19
Outstanding Sir!

06-Apr-19

I had posted this one up recently...The Good the Bad the Ugly just sold it last night to a guy at the denver SCI banquet that had a cool story of a trio of bulls and he shot the best bull is the dominant bull and the other two just wouldn't leave goring their downed'buddy" now the tables had turned...

06-Apr-19
How many hours did you put into that lion sculpture? Awesome piece!

06-Apr-19

Ucs something like that develops over several months 2 hours here 3 minutes the next day...don't touch it a for a week a eight hours marathon 15 minutes the next day...gta new idea 2 hours...kind like that it has to come in its own time... I actually do all the heads first this started as a hard charging lion tripping lion a hyena kind like this Cheetah gazelle piece ("Speed bump"...the only point touching is the cheetahs back foot) but by the time I finished his head he had "told me" who he was and he was this guy.coming late into camp with bad intentions on his mind...

06-Apr-19
Real works of art! My hat's off to you!

07-Apr-19
WOW, just outstanding pieces of ART. I always wished I had some artistic blood in me. Although I can draw a pretty mean looking stick man!

07-Apr-19
Awesome!!!

07-Apr-19
Incredible! Thanks for posting those, I really enjoyed seeing them.

07-Apr-19
Great work!!

07-Apr-19
Dirk it was done this year but in clay last year at the sheep show.... just the Lion and the Cape buff head roughed in...

Thanks everybody sure fun to do....

08-Apr-19
Pretty dang cool !!! Kevin

• Sitka Gear