OFFHNTN 08-Apr-19
No Mercy 08-Apr-19
Wishedhead 08-Apr-19
t-roy 09-Apr-19
wkochevar 09-Apr-19
Wishedhead 09-Apr-19
wkochevar 09-Apr-19
05-Apr-19
Have had great luck in the past planting these but the place I bought them no longer has them on line. I like to plant these in a rotation to clean up a field good before over seeding it with new clover. Anyone have a line on these?

08-Apr-19
The deer in my area like RR sugar beets like nothing else! But I didn't think they could be bought by us little food plot farmers. I've always had to get a handful here and there from farmer friends........feels like I'm getting them on the black market and am involved in illegal activity.

08-Apr-19
Agree with Offhntn-unless you are a member of the beet cooperative, they are near impossible to buy.

08-Apr-19
Bought mine on eBay a few years ago and I can’t find his listing anymore

09-Apr-19
I know how you feel, OFFHNTN! I contemplated waiting until nightfall before crossing state lines with mine! ;-)

I bought a small bag of them several years ago from a vendor at the Iowa Deer Classic, but that was very short lived. Monsatan shut that down very quickly. Got some from a friend of a friend in Minnesota the following year. The deer absolutely loved them, but, IMO, they are a bigger PITA than their advantages. They can be very finicky to grow to start with and, with the RR resistant water hemp issues here in Iowa, I gave up on trying to score any more of them, and went with the turnips, radish and rape mix instead.

09-Apr-19
Don't beets have to irrigated to any good growth out of them?

09-Apr-19
Never had to irrigate them in north east Wisconsin but they are hard on fertilizer. The tonnage of forage is well worth it

09-Apr-19
I'm in northeast CO..might as well be the Kalahari desert

• Sitka Gear