TD 12-Apr-19
SD BuckBuster 12-Apr-19
Tonybear61 12-Apr-19
PECO 13-Apr-19
DanaC 13-Apr-19
11-Apr-19

Sparky's embedded Photo
Sparky's embedded Photo
After years of shooting I FINALLY got my first Robin Hood!!......while paper tuning:( I generally shoot different targets for each shot because I don't care to purchase very expensive arrows to satisfy my ego. Closing your eyes with 4 arrows behind the paper-what are the odds?

11-Apr-19
The first one is awesome! After that I never hope to get another one! Ha!

11-Apr-19
The best one is when you do it to your buddies arrow :)

11-Apr-19
Just a fluke unless you call your shot. Every arrow has to land somewhere

11-Apr-19
I nominate Bou for the “Captain Obvious” Award for the month of April 2019!

Do you try that hard to be a complete a-hole, or does it just come naturally?

Way to go, Sparky! No matter the fact that your arrow has to land somewhere, it’s pretty darn cool seeing it driven right down the middle of another one! :)

11-Apr-19
Pretty cool Sparky! I still think its pretty cool after 25 years in the rare times it happens to me. Good job man.

11-Apr-19
What Brotsky said! The first one feels awesome...after that, not so much. However, Destroyer has a point. Tubed Bowboy’s FMJ during leagues and didn’t cost me a cent! lol! Congrats!

11-Apr-19

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Yeah, pure luck! ;) Congrats!

11-Apr-19
That's what drew me to archery, All of the Robin hoods @ the local range looked awesome and I wanted one. I still have my first from over 20 years ago on display. Congrats!

11-Apr-19
Congrats!

Both my Wife and I have a couple hanging up on the wall.

But hey, it's easy for her to stick her skinny little carbon arrows, into my big fat aluminums :^P

11-Apr-19
What do you call it when you robin hood a robin hood? Last year I had a robin hood and then shot another arrow at the target and it went right in both arrows. That was an expensive practice session.

11-Apr-19
Put it on the wall, it's a trophy.

11-Apr-19
I’m surprised so many people stack arrows. Not only are the expensive but to build them the way I like it takes a lot of time.

11-Apr-19
Been shooting 42 years. I have two Robin Hood’s, both in last five years. I usually shoot each arrow at a different spot..

11-Apr-19
Not only was this unintentional, it cost me about $25.00. This one was undeserved and taught me a valuable lesson about paper tuning. It is...move around a bit before letting one rip. Besides it's hard to inspect a tear on a tear.

11-Apr-19
Agggghhhh… Robin Hoods are still cool no matter how they happen:) Arrows are expensive, so be careful or you might end up with a whole bunch more! And that is fine if it's your buddies arrow you Robin Hood!

11-Apr-19
Congrats after that it costly!

11-Apr-19
Had a few when shooting fat alumiums;first was in the back yard at 35 yards,on my knees shooting over a small bush(slow bow) this was in the early 90's with an Pearson and fingers.

11-Apr-19
Iv gotten 2 both times was at archery shops shooting their arrows so I didn’t mind

11-Apr-19
Congrats sparky! I have never had one. Fluke or not it had to land somewhere?!?! I would hang it in the garage and smile every time you see it.

11-Apr-19
Shooting good is all about doing the same thing every shot...When you Robinhood, it means ya done it the same twice....Good Job, I lov em.

11-Apr-19
I did that twice. Now I'm more like Robin with a hood over his head.

11-Apr-19

SB's embedded Photo
SB's embedded Photo

12-Apr-19
Cool, Sparky!

I bought a Browning Deluxe Nomad II and a dozen 2117 Easton Gamegetters in 1983. The 3rd shot out of that bow and I Robinhooded the first arrow. Took me 15 years to do it again.

12-Apr-19
Never had one with an aluminum arrow for the approximately 30+ years I shot them. Had plenty of busted nocks and a divot on the swage of my arrow, but never penetrated through that swaged end of the arrow. I switched to carbon for the 2008 season and I've had about half a dozen since. I'm a slow learner I guess and I shoot a fair amount at 15 yards (my shed is 50 feet long). Bummed now when it happens. Congrats on your first though!

12-Apr-19
Buckhammer- I would call it a "robinhooded robinhood!" ;-)

12-Apr-19
Nice Shooting ! Does Bou' Bound ever have anything nice or intelligent to add to any of these threads ??

12-Apr-19
Hammer, no he doesn't.

12-Apr-19
I remember my first Robin......

12-Apr-19
Getting a Robinhood only means that you are shooting at a range that is too close. Just sayin'...

12-Apr-19
I have a dozen of them, and almost a double (took the nock off but didn't stick). Some were in the bullseye, a lot of them were outside x ring or at my 3-D targets. Even have one from when I was shooting aluminums out of my recurve. Most all of them were from 2000-2011 after almost 40 years of shooting. Past age 50 couldn't do that any more, but got too expensive anyway.

13-Apr-19
I love the sound it makes when you Robinhood a carbon arrow. I have a half dozen or so with the compound, one with a recurve.

13-Apr-19
Only two in many years. Last year I did it to a guy on the 3D course, right after he said he'd never seen a recurve shooter RH a compounders' arrow! I steped up and -whack!-

Dude, never tempt the archery gods, they have a F* up sense of humor!

Payback came at the next shoot, another compounder got mine! Gotta love the balance ;-)

• Sitka Gear