Ostrander_Hunter 11-Apr-19
Franklin 11-Apr-19
Scar Finga 16-Apr-19
Shug 16-Apr-19
Nick Muche 16-Apr-19
11-Apr-19

Ostrander_Hunter's embedded Photo
So I had a mule deer hunt last November. I had it booked several months in advance of course. The outfitter sent me a trail cam video in August showing 3 bucks on the ranch. Date on the video was 8/22/18. First day of my hunt was 11/10/18. I was successful the first day. Last night, I happened to be looking at the video again and it got me thinking. I pulled up a pic of my buck and compared the 2. Do you think these are the same buck? Sorry the pic I pulled from the video is a bit grainy. I blew it up a bit too.

11-Apr-19
no

11-Apr-19
I don't think it is. Muley bucks are pretty close to being done growing by 8/22. I don't think he would have grown eye guards that long at that late point in the growing season. A few of the other points don't look the same to me either.

11-Apr-19
I say no. Was gonna say same thing as StickFlicker.

11-Apr-19
No

11-Apr-19
No probably just long lost cousins

11-Apr-19
Nope, the antlers don't spread the same at the bottom, the outside spread doesn't match, and several other differences as well. It's still a very nice buck though! Do you have any better pictures to share of the buck you did kill?

Congratulations on a successful hunt!

11-Apr-19
No. Look at the brow tines. They would be evident, even in velvet at that stage.

11-Apr-19
Nope. 2 different deer.

11-Apr-19
Nope

11-Apr-19

Unanimous consensus is "no". I agree. Initially I thought it might be because the front right fork was a bit smaller than the left and curved inward. I wasn't sure if the brow tines would grow enough between the end of August and when the antlers stopped growing. But the biggest reason I didn't think it was the same buck was because of the shorter length of the beam on the left rear. I don't have many pics, and they're all straight on.

11-Apr-19
No.....main beam configuration completely different.

16-Apr-19
Although, they might be brothers...

16-Apr-19
Negative IMHO

16-Apr-19

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear