Franklin 11-Apr-19
Adventurewriter 11-Apr-19
Griz 12-Apr-19
jmiller 12-Apr-19
ESP 12-Apr-19
drycreek 12-Apr-19
Lee 12-Apr-19
11-Apr-19
I think they are all good reads, at least the ones I've read. I just don't take it all for gospel.

11-Apr-19
They are all good...the best writer can make almost anything interesting...

11-Apr-19
I have read all of Capstick`s works and they are all very entertaining. All writers take some liberties when telling the stories and I would expect it. Look at Russell Annabel. As a kid I loved reading his stories....I could care less if they weren`t 100% factual.

Next up get into Corbet`s books, those are excellent also.

11-Apr-19
Annabell my second favorite I will argue and Corbett even says it that is is not good at describing his stories are pretty much we did this I did that I was always disappointed as with what he was doing and his accomplishments he was a pretty bland writer but because of the subject it still was good when it could have been incredible with a better writer

12-Apr-19
Death in the Long Grass is the best book I have ever read on hunting Africa. I've read it dozens of times and occasionally pull it out just to read a chapter or two. His description of the croc attack while he is eating breakfast with a client is spellbinding. It is my favorite opening to a great chapter. I started reading him as a kid in The American Hunter magazine. My brother and I while hunting small game would try and describe our hunts as he would of. We laughed till we cried about the savage rainbow colored bird (pheasant) that would charge us in the stubble and require us to shoot straight or die!!

12-Apr-19
My favorites are The Last Ivory Hunter and A Man Called Lion

12-Apr-19
Man eaters is a good book that he wrote.

12-Apr-19
Check out "Hunter" by (whoda thunkit) John Hunter. Another very interesting guy. And while your at it, "Sixguns" and "Hell, I Was There" by Elmer Keith. Neither one has anything to do with bowhunting, but all are excellent glimpses into the "way it used to be".

12-Apr-19
I loved his stuff as a kid - still do! Another one of my favorites was the Maneaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett. The Maneaters of Tsavo is another great one!

Lee

• Sitka Gear